St Mirren v Dundee Scottish Cup Fourth Round 21/1/23

shull

Just back at my mates house and that was rubbish.

We never seemed to have any belief and even less skill with us hardly being able to string 3 passes together with the only bonus being that Dundee were equally as poor.

We said it looked like penalties before half time as it just had that look to it.

The only player worth a bonus is our goalkeeper and some sections of the support kept going when it was dire.

Time for something to eat and a few drams and I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the draw or not. 

3 hours ago, shull said:

Back in the car now. What have I missed ?

You missed a poor performance, Shull.  The poorest for quite a while in my opinion.  It was one of those that I couldn't see where the goals were going to come from and so I was proved correct.  I'd not have been surprised if Dundee had sneaked it in normal time but their finishing was woeful also.

We're into the next round of the Scottish Cup and that's important but I'd have preferred a bit more urgency in the overall performance.

The announcer got me in the mood with the 1987 Scottish Cup Final record as the teams came out.  That was probably highlight of the day!

Edited by Percy Veer
was not waa

So we’re in the hat and that’s about all you can say about that. 
As for the performance….

Goalie - Good (as ever)

Wing backs both shite.

Gallagher shite.

Fraser and Dunne were fine (apart from Dunne’s stupid passes).

Baccus shite

Gogic decent

O’Hara somewhere in between shite and pass marks.

Main and Ayunga shite.

Erhahon decent.

Grieve see O’Hara.

Kiltie shite.

Brophy shite.

Shaughnessy legendary. 

Have I missed anyone?

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 hour ago, Warrior Saint said:

If we get £300,000 for Baccus be an absolute great bit of business, he is fecking hopeless...

I've been a fan of him so far but today, like most of the team, he simply wasn't up to it.  A very poor display after he and others have shown what they've been capable of previously.  Today might have brought his value down a little.

Poorest home display of the season by far. I wish Robinson would realise Main and Ayunga will never score enough goals. Ayunga was totally honking today just like he was on Wednesday. Give Greive/Brophy a decent run with Main. Several others were poor as well but at least we can score penalties and Carson can save them. Playing shite and winning is a good habit to have.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Poorest home display of the season by far. I wish Robinson would realise Main and Ayunga will never score enough goals. Ayunga was totally honking today just like he was on Wednesday. Give Greive/Brophy a decent run with Main. Several others were poor as well but at least we can score penalties and Carson can save them. Playing shite and winning is a good habit to have.

Brophy got 45 minutes today and offered absolutely nothing. He’s hopeless. 
I’ll be gutted if he doesn’t go in this window. Complete waste of money. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Brophy scored 7 League goals last season and was top scorer. He hasn't started a League game this season (Killie doesn't count) but is proven to be a better striker than Main or Ayunga. If we are paying him we should give him some gametime as he cannot be worse than Main (3 goals from 19 League games) or Ayunga (3 goals from 16 League games). And Greive has scored 3 from only starting 5 League games this season. The problem is Main/Ayunga partnership.