Keanu Baccus World Cup Money

magnus

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Seems we are due £235,000 so far from Keanu's World Cup involvement. How many players have we transferred for more cash than that? 3, 4? And the lad is still with us. 

Big different from the numbers i seen elsewhere on this and other forum.

Hope you are right, but surely the club we got him from must be due cash as well. 

Heres the official break down. Instead of some randoms excel sheet.

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/media-releases/fifa-distributes-more-than-usd-200m-to-clubs-across-the-world

"The compensation will be paid to all clubs for which the footballer has played in the two years prior to the FIFA World Cup 2022."

Each year is split into 3, so we will be eligible for 1/3 of the daily total.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

FIFA's video on the World Cup Club Benefits Program is a bit ambiguous about payouts stating that every club a player has played for will receive money (which could infer a separate equal payment per Club) but every report I have read states there is one amount which is divided between each Club the player has played for in the last two years. So we won't be getting the $8,500 per day. Nice to get some extra cash but not anywhere near as much as we would like. Western Sydney Wanderers will get most of the money.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

FIFA's video on the World Cup Club Benefits Program is a bit ambiguous about payouts stating that every club a player has played for will receive money (which could infer a separate equal payment per Club) but every report I have read states there is one amount which is divided between each Club the player has played for in the last two years. So we won't be getting the $8,500 per day. Nice to get some extra cash but not anywhere near as much as we would like. Western Sydney Wanderers will get most of the money.

That's what I initially thought, based on reading the FIFA articles, when Baccus was called up.

However, reading the info that's been in the media since, it would appear that I was wrong. 

At least we're getting something.

Nice little earner for Western Sydney Wanderers though.

13 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Seems a bit unfair on the team making the player available and running the risk of the player getting injured . 

What would be fair if the daily fee were split in two with the current clubs receiving half , and the other half being split between the clubs the players have been at over the last two years . 

That would seem logical and fair but this is FIFA we’re talking about here 😏

So far, this thread has been speculating about how much St Mirren might pocket from KB's involvement in the tournament. 

Does anyone know how much KB himself might earn ?

According to an article on the site www.foxsports.com.au each player in their squad has so far earned $316,000 (maybe Oz $, not sure) for getting this far.

KB has done well (ie earned every cent) from his move to Paisley. 

Edited by Wilbur

47 minutes ago, elvis said:

Well done Keane Bacus start tonight.

Good to hear, but maybe going against other buds opinion, i hope he had an excellent game but finish on the loser side. 

2 reason, worry of him getting injured and i can only see Argentina being the only team left that could beat England in a final. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Good to hear, but maybe going against other buds opinion, i hope he had an excellent game but finish on the loser side. 

2 reason, worry of him getting injured and i can only see Argentina being the only team left that could beat England in a final. 

Great news that the boy has been trusted with such a responsibility. 

Can you believe that a St Mirren player has been selected to go head-to-head with Lionel Messi in a World Cup tie ?

Honestly, if Baccus can perform tonight, what could this do for his player profile ? Truly, the world could be his lobster (copyright Arthur Daley).

Come on Keanu !!

Oh, and bet you can safely bet your mortgage on a yellow card for Baccus tonight. 

😁