Motherwell v St Mirren Dec 2022

Rascal

We used to have a great record against Motherwell, then ex Motherwell manager Robinson arrived.  Pumped 4-2 on our last visit to Fir Park and lost 0-1 to them in Paisley on the first day of the season. We had only lost one of the previous seven against them, prior to that.

Could really do with something here, especially if we want to finish top six. Would take a draw.

1-1

We used to have a great record against Motherwell, then ex Motherwell manager Robinson arrived.  Pumped 4-2 on our last visit to Fir Park and lost 0-1 to them in Paisley on the first day of the season. We had only lost one of the previous seven against them, prior to that.
Could really do with something here, especially if we want to finish top six. Would take a draw.
1-1
So what was this great record?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

So what was this great record?

i told you, one defeat in seven. We have since lost two in a row. 

Edit it was actually one defeat in the previous nine, i wasn't counting the two Scottish Cup games.

Edited by TopCat

i told you, one defeat in seven. We have since lost two in a row. 
Edit it was actually one defeat in the previous nine, i wasn't counting the two Scottish Cup games.
Was too busy laughing at your selection of stats.

Did you know previous to SR becoming manager we hadn't won against Motherwell in the years 2021 & 2022. Stats getting manipulated is easy.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Was too busy laughing at your selection of stats.

Did you know previous to SR becoming manager we hadn't won against Motherwell in the years 2021 & 2022. Stats getting manipulated is easy.

The stats are correct, if they make you uncomfortable that's on you. Of course not winning is much better than losing, I'd certainly take a draw next Saturday. It'd be a huge improvement on the zero points from six SR's delivered against his old club so far. 

From a financial position, it must be good for us to have this game away since the cost of the USH having to be on for days plus possible a smaller crowd due to time of year and how cold it is.

From a playing position, would have been better at home due to our poor away form. 

Games against them are usually decent so will guess a 2-2 draw without them getting a penalty kick. 

Apparently the pitch is fine. Problem is burst pipes in the stand so no water nor heating. Amateurish. There was plenty of weather warnings about sub zero temperatures. Why did not not insulate pipework and leave heaters on?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Apparently the pitch is fine. Problem is burst pipes in the stand so no water nor heating. Amateurish. There was plenty of weather warnings about sub zero temperatures. Why did not not insulate pipework and leave heaters on?

Think you're being a bit severe on them.

I doubt they don't have any insulation and with rhe extreme temperatures plenty of people/businesses will have been caught out.

Irs not in their interest to have a Saturday game cancelled.  

Edited by faraway saint

Think you're being a bit severe on them.
I doubt they don't have any insulation and withe rhe extreme temperatures plenty of people/businesses will have been caught out.
Irs not in their interest to have a Saturday game cancelled.  
Maybe, however they are a top level club who have pulled in over £3m in transfers over the last few years and there was plenty of warning that there would be sub zero temperatures. Surely they could afford a couple of grand on insulation and some heating over several days? What did they do to ensure pipes wouldn't freeze? I live in an old house and have had to insulate pipes and tanks and leave low level heating on.

Maybe I am being harsh but for teams in the top flight to have burst pipes in a Scottish winter is pretty poor when they know and were warned of freezing temperatures.

Ps I have asked Alan Burroughs what Motherwell did to protect their pipes when they knew freezing temperatures were on the way. As yet no reply.

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Maybe, however they are a top level club who have pulled in over £3m in transfers over the last few years and there was plenty of warning that there would be sub zero temperatures. Surely they could afford a couple of grand on insulation and some heating over several days? What did they do to ensure pipes wouldn't freeze? I live in an old house and have had to insulate pipes and tanks and leave low level heating on.

Maybe I am being harsh but for teams in the top flight to have burst pipes in a Scottish winter is pretty poor when they know and were warned of freezing temperatures.

It's a very old stand, I'd imagine pipes all over the place.

Disnae matter, they'll lose out of this with the game likely to be rescheduled for midweek.