Current Strikes

faraway saint

It seems it's almost a hysteria with unions striving for recognition and trying to outdo each other in their demands for higher pay.

The highest I've seen is 19%, which I find eye watering.

I did hear an item on radio Scotland earlier this week from a teachers union representative who, when it was put to him that with head teachers on £60-£80k a year, actually said that some of these teachers were finding it hard to get by. :lol:

I'd suggest they try to live within their means rather than asking for a pay rise which is unimaginable for the majority of the working public. 

54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It seems it's almost a hysteria with unions striving for recognition and trying to outdo each other in their demands for higher pay.

The highest I've seen is 19%, which I find eye watering.

I did hear an item on radio Scotland earlier this week from a teachers union representative who, when it was put to him that with head teachers on £60-£80k a year, actually said that some of these teachers were finding it hard to get by. :lol:

I'd suggest they try to live within their means rather than asking for a pay rise which is unimaginable for the majority of the working public. 

On the subject of pay it always amazes me that CEOs of many local and national charities “struggle” to get by on salaries in excess of £200,000.

You never see those individuals packing shopping on a Friday night in Asda or shaking a tin outside SMISA.

Not a CEO but a Tory MP expressing sympathy for new MPs and their “struggle to manage” on £81 k p.a ( now it’s £84.4K)  How on earth are there poor souls managing now with double the fuel bills , inflation in double figures and the cost of Chateauneuf du pape skyrocketing ? 🤷‍♂️

Why don’t the BBC scrap children in need and this year do something for our poor starving & destitute  MPs .   In fact , why don’t those greedy public sector workers stop whining and organise a Thursday night clap for them ?  

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/tory-mp-describes-grim-struggle-of-living-on-82k-a-year-as-he-asks-for-raise/