The Frank McGarvey Tribute Match Saints v Hearts 7/1/23

shull

3 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

He had two glaring  misses and probably single-handedly cost us two points

whereas Brophy is proven to be prolific and never missed a chance!

You suggested he played well today. I simply pointed out that, as a striker, he had a stinker and cost us the game.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

You suggested he played well today. I simply pointed out that, as a striker, he had a stinker and cost us the game.

I would suggest that had we not conceded we would not have lost the win, so your assertion that Grieve was single-handedly responsible for us losing 2 points, is, like most of Brophy's attempts on goal, wide of the mark.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

He had two glaring  misses and probably single-handedly cost us two points.

I don't think we'd win an appeal and I don't think the club will try.

I remember his one at the back post where he sclaffed it over the scoreboard but I’m struggling to remember a second glaring miss .

21 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I remember his one at the back post where he sclaffed it over the scoreboard but I’m struggling to remember a second glaring miss .

He's probably counting the one that Main crossed behind him.

He had no chance of connecting with that.

There was another one that Main had a shot cum cross that was half a chance at best for Greive.

10 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There was another one that Main had a shot cum cross that was half a chance at best for Greive.

I thought that .   

The one behind him he had absolutely no chance of making anything from that as you say .

The shot / cross across the goal from the left , again he had no chance . He would need go-go gadget stretchy legs to have reached that .

16 minutes ago, shull said:

Superb stuff from the W7 lads, they don't half do the club proud at times..

Sadly due to working away from home I couldn't make it today, but sincerely wish I could have been there to join in the applause for Frank who surely has to be up there with the greatest saints players of all time... an ABSOLUTE LEGEND in the black and white...

Also it's great to see the stands so full, long may it continue... Proud to be a Buddie...COYS.....🖤🤍..

We need to get Brophy off the books and I like Greive, so no problem with team selection

however……,

my initial suspicion I think was correct. Comedy stuff

albeit, as my son pointed out, Brophy had a similar comedy effort at Livi 

must be a fall out between Robinson and Brophy or Robinson has been told to piss Brophy off

it was like Alex bone….. without any ability 

The first half yesterday was another great performance in a season that's already produced some great performances.

It's been a long time since I've felt we can compete with the top 3 or 4 teams and beat/draw with them, certainly at home.

The previous seasons of dismal home form, which is hard to take for season ticket holders who have forked out their money up front, has seen an astounding turnaround.

The next game is a big test to see if our form in the last 2 away games, which we drew, can be sustained. 

I've never really felt we were a "top 6" side despite flirting with this a few times but this season I see us a genuinely a strong top 6 side.

Someone recently ( @Albanian Buddy I think) mentioned that this season we really should be hoping to go far in the Scottish cup and I agree.

No team will really fancy playing us at home IMO. 

12 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

He should have done better with the Main chance but that's two games he's missed in very similar circumstances and cost us points.

Edited by stlucifer

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

He should have done better with the Main chance but that's two games he's missed in very similar circumstances and cost us points.

Can’t agree with that at all . There’s a big difference between “Glaring miss” and “could have done better”    I don’t think there’s a striker on our books or in most other teams who could have converted either of these half chances.

One was almost certainly a shot rather than a cross and the other was crossed at speed too far behind the player in the middle. 

Greive should have scored with the one at the far post but the other two he had no chance with. One was too far in front and the other too far behind. But I see no-one is complaining about Main's poor effort when he manufactured a really good opening for himself then a pass back to their keeper. Or bad decision making a couple of times when we had 3 onto 2. Or O'Hara blocking a shot that was going in. Yea, Greive messed up once but so did others.

2 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Were you at the game? Got a lot to say about how much it meant to fans and Frank's family. Got a lot to say about the game as well.

Fans having access to all games on iptv enables them to comment objectively on what is happening at the game. 
In fact due to TV they’ve often got better views of key incidents at games than people actually at the game. 

Just an opinion. 

Was glad to see Gogic in the middle of the park and thought the energy him and Mark brought to our midfield meant Hearts didn’t get to settle on the ball - build our midfield around those two and keep our structure at the back and we won’t go far wrong. Squad is now going to be stretched with injuries and suspensions so be interesting to see how we cope with that and likelihood that we may lose a couple in the window. We are a good side this year though and if we could unearth a poacher type striker from somewhere it would be ideal.

11 minutes ago, Dare said:

Was glad to see Gogic in the middle of the park and thought the energy him and Mark brought to our midfield meant Hearts didn’t get to settle on the ball - 

I agree. Was great to see Gogic back to what he does best. A born winner. Never ever gives up. 
However I thought the player who showed his class all day was Snodgrass. He really was immense in the middle of the park. Did I see him puffing on a cigar during the game? 
Had Snodgrass not have been playing well we would have won that game easily. 

Edited by Albanian Buddy

18 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Fans having access to all games on iptv enables them to comment objectively on what is happening at the game. 
In fact due to TV they’ve often got better views of key incidents at games than people actually at the game. 

Just an opinion. 

Don't entertain him, he's fick as feck and makes a fud of himself on a regular basis, although @antrin loves his posts. :1eye

15 hours ago, munoz said:

Having seen Fraser's red card again, i think there's probably no point appealing it. Not sure he meant any malice, but can see why it was given. 

Stonewall red card. Why people doubt it I just can't fathom. Even thought he had done the Hearts player at the match long before VAR got involved.

Restarted with Hearts foul as referee punished the higher offence which was violent conduct by Fraser, who needs his backside booted !

No issues with the referee who I thought had a really good match and looks like another really good prospect coming through. 

On the football side Gogic was immense. Should have been starting every week IMO, why we pursed him all summer then put on the bench I'll never know. Much as I like Erhahon as a player, Gogic offers us more.

So much better under Robinson than what Goodwin served up. 

Edited by lenziebud

22 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Totally patronising and disrespectful going on about how important it was regarding Feank but couldn't be bothered going. Then made comment Hearts fans respecting minutes applause when hundreds didn't and turned their backs. You really are a horrible wee man.

:lol:

Thanks for viewing my profile, glad to know you're obsessed about me. 

image.png.7a19bedd2ea2a412238b830a92079454.png

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Can’t agree with that at all . There’s a big difference between “Glaring miss” and “could have done better”    I don’t think there’s a striker on our books or in most other teams who could have converted either of these half chances.

One was almost certainly a shot rather than a cross and the other was crossed at speed too far behind the player in the middle. 

A matter of opinion re another striker. You didn't address the one that cost us last week too.

On another note, I thought it important to say well done to the jam tart's supporters who, in the main, joined in with the applause for Frank. Much better than I expected.

59 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Then made comment Hearts fans respecting minutes applause when hundreds didn't and turned their backs. .

:lol:

35 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

On another note, I thought it important to say well done to the jam tart's supporters who, in the main, joined in with the applause for Frank. Much better than I expected.

Edited by faraway saint