The Frank McGarvey Tribute Match Saints v Hearts 7/1/23

shull

As for the fan experience, I dropped off two buddies at the west gate and took a few minutes to find a parking space, still ariving at the gate just after 10-to-3 and joined the short queue at the W1 turnstiles.  The queue was very slow in moving due to ticket-scanning problems and i got to the front at just after 5-to 3.  As I tried to go through I was stopped by a steward who started squealing at us that the gate was closing due to congestion inside the stand.  I was re-directed to the opposite end of the ground where there was a long queue that wasn't moving due to more scanning issues.  If a ticket didn't scan then the people were being taken in via the exit door (one-by-one).  The stewards then told us to scan the tickets "sideways", which actually seemed to work.

Unfortunately, along with about a hundred other fans I had to listen to the minute applause from outside the ground.  Very disappointing and a poor show by the stewards who seemed completely unconcerned  at the frustration of the customers.

As for the fan experience, I dropped off two buddies at the west gate and took a few minutes to find a parking space, still ariving at the gate just after 10-to-3 and joined the short queue at the W1 turnstiles.  The queue was very slow in moving due to ticket-scanning problems and i got to the front at just after 5-to 3.  As I tried to go through I was stopped by a steward who started squealing at us that the gate was closing due to congestion inside the stand.  I was re-directed to the opposite end of the ground where there was a long queue that wasn't moving due to more scanning issues.  If a ticket didn't scan then the people were being taken in via the exit door (one-by-one).  The stewards then told us to scan the tickets "sideways", which actually seemed to work.
Unfortunately, along with about a hundred other fans I had to listen to the minute applause from outside the ground.  Very disappointing and a poor show by the stewards who seemed completely unconcerned  at the frustration of the customers.

Aye, we know. [emoji16]

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Contact [email protected]

what a f**king dick Richard Foster is !!   &  his bum chum ref pal 😡

From about 1:30 they discuss Frasers red card . A few things to pick up on .

1. Stuart Dougal says there were no complaints or claims from players on either side regarding the incident - exactly because it was our foul !! 

2. Dougal says the linesman didn’t see it as he was looking for offside 😯 really ? Why ?  The saints player was running with the ball when he was tackled and fouled , no need to even consider offside as he had been fouled and play had stopped.

3. Richard foster said the Ref had given the foul to hearts initially - watch the video , there’s CLEARLY signals for a foul for St.Mirren , no ifs, buts or maybes about that one .

4. on another item - I think Gogic one was a Penalty but there no was ex ref Dougal is going to contradict his ref pals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64208828

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Can you direct me to the law in football that you refer to?

I know, it's bollocks.  Having blown for a Saints foul the game was temporarily extended and the incident occurred out-of-play

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

what a f**king dick Richard Foster is !!   &  his bum chum ref pal 😡

From about 1:30 they discuss Frasers red card . A few things to pick up on .

1. Stuart Dougal says there were no complaints or claims from players on either side regarding the incident - exactly because it was our foul !! 

2. Dougal says the linesman didn’t see it as he was looking for offside 😯 really ? Why ?  The saints player was running with the ball when he was tackled and fouled , no need to even consider offside as he had been fouled and play had stopped.

3. Richard foster said the Ref had given the foul to hearts initially - watch the video , there’s CLEARLY signals for a foul for St.Mirren , no ifs, buts or maybes about that one .

4. on another item - I think Gogic one was a Penalty but there no was ex ref Dougal is going to contradict his ref pals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64208828

Dougall also said that the St Mirren defender obscured the ref's view.  Does he mean Olesanya?

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Already done, it won't get me that moment back though

I understand. But my experience since the “new and improved” turnstiles were introduced this season is that delays have been common place. On occasions I arrived early in the season with 30mins to spare and it took 45mins to get in. 

There have been some occasions this season where the gates have just been opened and no checks done at all. The slos have been aware of these problems and informed the club.

In recent weeks the situation has been so much better. 

Ideally you really should have got to the ground earlier than you did to be sure of being in the ground before KO.

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I understand. But my experience since the “new and improved” turnstiles were introduced this season is that delays have been common place. On occasions I arrived early in the season with 30mins to spare and it took 45mins to get in. 

There have been some occasions this season where the gates have just been opened and no checks done at all. The slos have been aware of these problems and informed the club.

Ideally you really should have got to the ground earlier than you did to be sure of being in the ground before KO.

Which stand do you use? I have only once had a problem getting into the West stand this season and, even then, I got in in plenty of time.

20 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Which stand do you use? I have only once had a problem getting into the West stand this season and, even then, I got in in plenty of time.

West stand.

I usually approach from the 1877 club entrance. 

The SLOs were also aware of the issues as they took photos of the queues after the game had started. 

As I said before it has improved in recent weeks.

Not so long ago on separate occasions Kilmarnock and Dundee United fans (IIRC) were queued up way beyond the remnants of the old dome 10minutes before kick off where only two turnstiles are available. I always thought that only having two turnstiles at the away entrance seems a bit odd. Is that the same at the family stand?

The last two games I’ve not seen the same problems with Aberdeen and Hearts with larger supports.

I have experienced this season the two home turnstiles at the end closest to the away end develop a fault where they just decided to let everyone in.

I do think that @beyond our ken should have allowed extra time to get into the stadium which was what I was trying to politely say.

6 minutes ago, Slarti said:

The ads depend on what sites you visit ... emoji848.png

😯.  Eh , naw 😡 

I wouldn’t visit or click on anything relating to that lot or their ugly sisters 😡

I did pass on a lot of Jokes & Memes about the former Popes funeral and the Catholic Church , would that count ? 😂

[emoji54].  Eh , naw [emoji35] 
I wouldn’t visit or click on anything relating to that lot or their ugly sisters [emoji35]
I did pass on a lot of Jokes & Memes about the former Popes funeral and the Catholic Church , would that count ? [emoji23]
Did you possibly mistype a Google search for "tin alloy"?

6 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Thanks for the rather condescending advice.  I live 60 miles from the stadium and due to injury and recuperation this only my second visit to the ground this season.  The previous visit was in September.  I wasn't aware of the queues.  I did, however arrive in good time to get in and the decision to close the turnstiles at 5-to-3 is what kept me and many other fans waiting.

I'll assume the club actually new how many supporters were attending that day and the stewards could certainly have been more understanding.

30 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Thanks for the rather condescending advice.  I live 60 miles from the stadium and due to injury and recuperation this only my second visit to the ground this season.  The previous visit was in September.  I wasn't aware of the queues.  I did, however arrive in good time to get in and the decision to close the turnstiles at 5-to-3 is what kept me and many other fans waiting.

I'll assume the club actually new how many supporters were attending that day and the stewards could certainly have been more understanding.

I don't think arriving "after 10 to 3" could be seen ar arriving in good time for any game, let alone that this game was likely to be very well attended. :wacko:

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

The two buddies i dropped off made it in and guess waht, there were still several minutes to spare when i was turned away from the gate

Perhaps given your frail condition your friends should have waited with you and given you a hand. 
There are limited turnstiles. There have been issues with fans getting entry with barcode reader issues. 

I do understand your frustration. You had already complained to the SLO but you still felt the need to come on here and complain. 

Ultimately given your health concerns you should have left much more time to allow entry.

I’m sorry if you thought I was being “condescending”. I was just trying to help by you by directing your complaint to the slo and I backed up the issues you faced given I have seen similar problems this season and last.

It’s clear you are angry about missing the KO but don’t lash out on people offering help. 

10 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Perhaps given your frail condition your friends should have waited with you and given you a hand. 
There are limited turnstiles. There have been issues with fans getting entry with barcode reader issues. 

I do understand your frustration. You had already complained to the SLO but you still felt the need to come on here and complain. 

Ultimately given your health concerns you should have left much more time to allow entry.

I’m sorry if you thought I was being “condescending”. I was just trying to help by you by directing your complaint to the slo and I backed up the issues you faced given I have seen similar problems this season and last.

It’s clear you are angry about missing the KO but don’t lash out on people offering help. 

Disappointed, not angry.  As for the rest of your contribution, "must try harder" comes to mind.