Well done Fakes fans

exiledfan

It really is a shame that it's taken so long for supporters views on these two particular clubs to be taken seriously.

I never thought I'd see the day when I would be given the opportunity to participate in a vote to reduce the number of seats on offer to the supporters of these two clubs.  St. Mirren doing that and then going through with what was promised was a great moral victory for us the fans.  Having the two stands behind our goals filled with "them" singing their outdated and bigotted songs in stereo was overdue to be stopped.

More fans should do likewise and stop accepting tainted pounds!

They need us more than we need them!

5 hours ago, Percy Veer said:

It really is a shame that it's taken so long for supporters views on these two particular clubs to be taken seriously.

I never thought I'd see the day when I would be given the opportunity to participate in a vote to reduce the number of seats on offer to the supporters of these two clubs.  St. Mirren doing that and then going through with what was promised was a great moral victory for us the fans.  Having the two stands behind our goals filled with "them" singing their outdated and bigotted songs in stereo was overdue to be stopped.

More fans should do likewise and stop accepting tainted pounds!

They need us more than we need them!

But it's not just about "accepting tainted pounds" when your own club tells you it is worth an extra player in the squad and spins it in such a way that it plays on the loyalty of supporters who will support at all costs, even to the long term detriment of their own support. 

We are now doing and praising the very thing some were vilified for daring to suggest as being in our best long term interests. 

14 hours ago, exiledfan said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10069841/stjohnstone-rangers-worst-attendance-history-scottish-cup-clash/

Well done St Johnstone fans for voting with their feet against the rediculous ticket prices and moving stands for that horrible blue mob from Govan. 

I think they're idiots. They have a 10,673 capacity stadium and would've attracted no more than 2,500-3,000 home fans for this game. It makes perfect sense to put them in a single stand and capitalise on the 'blue pound'.

It's not comparable to our situation. We had a vote on it and then the club ran initiatives to ensure the club did not lose out financially. What initiatives have the Saintees fans implemented to compensate the club?

We have just emerged from a global pandemic, with clubs suffering financially. Our own club has just confirmed we made a huge loss. Yet these 'fans' are willing to harm their own club at a time when they need every penny.

I hope the Saintees fans miss a huge, historic upset. :) 

1 hour ago, W6er said:

I think they're idiots. They have a 10,673 capacity stadium and would've attracted no more than 2,500-3,000 home fans for this game. It makes perfect sense to put them in a single stand and capitalise on the 'blue pound'.

It's not comparable to our situation. We had a vote on it and then the club ran initiatives to ensure the club did not lose out financially. What initiatives have the Saintees fans implemented to compensate the club?

We have just emerged from a global pandemic, with clubs suffering financially. Our own club has just confirmed we made a huge loss. Yet these 'fans' are willing to harm their own club at a time when they need every penny.

I hope the Saintees fans miss a huge, historic upset. :) 

There's two issues here though. One the move and secondly the most important one to them is the ticket prices. 

St Johnstone would be better switching to Ibrox and getting the benefit of 50k tickets getting split with them.

£30 a ticket is steep. 

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

There's two issues here though. One the move and secondly the most important one to them is the ticket prices. 

St Johnstone would be better switching to Ibrox and getting the benefit of 50k tickets getting split with them.

£30 a ticket is steep. 

But they need to share half the gate money (minus expenses) and £30 is what we charge against the Old Firm, is it not? 

6 hours ago, W6er said:

But they need to share half the gate money (minus expenses) and £30 is what we charge against the Old Firm, is it not? 

As a season ticket holder I would be pissed off paying £30 to see a cup game £20 is more than fair. 

£30 is just less than 10% of a total season ticket. 

19 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

But it's not just about "accepting tainted pounds" when your own club tells you it is worth an extra player in the squad and spins it in such a way that it plays on the loyalty of supporters who will support at all costs, even to the long term detriment of their own support. 

We are now doing and praising the very thing some were vilified for daring to suggest as being in our best long term interests. 

I hear you BuddieinEK, I hear you and fully agree.  I wasn't a member of this website when the discussion and voting about keeping the Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand for our own supporters was ongoing but I would have been in favour of it, as indeed I was when I got to vote.

With regards to the emotional blackmail or tugging of the heart strings if you will regarding the addition of an extra member of the playing squad, it did feel like being put in the situation of "Do I want my team to be successful by having this extra player, whoever he may be, or do I want to catch the interest of the local young people in order to sustain a healthy future fanbase?"  Like every team in Scotland, we are competing with those two particular clubs in Glasgow for supporters and it doesn't help that their city is just up the road so we have to go that extra mile to get the youngsters interested and families being able to stay in their seat for all home games is part of that and if we fill empty seats with youth groups then great, we might get them addicted to the famous black and white.

Edited by Percy Veer

5 hours ago, Percy Veer said:

I hear you BuddieinEK, I hear you and fully agree.  I wasn't a member of this website when the discussion and voting about keeping the Tony Fitzpatrick Family 

Sure you weren't. :lol:

Oh, I see you and Shull were up at the same time again earlier this morning and you went on another "like" spree. :lol

It's obviously just a coincidence, 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning is a common time for Shull to post when he's up for a "pish", does he give you a wee nudge to get up at the same time? :rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.5ab23e7237d1755234cc0d131ab61032.png

Edited by faraway saint

Sure you weren't. [emoji38]
Oh, I see you and Shull were up at the same time again earlier this morning and you went on another "like" spree. [emoji38]
It's obviously just a coincidence, 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning is a common time for Shull to post when he's up for a "pish", does he give you a wee nudge to get up at the same time? :rolleyes:
Up for a pish or up to post pish?

25 minutes ago, Slarti said:
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Sure you weren't. emoji38.png
Oh, I see you and Shull were up at the same time again earlier this morning and you went on another "like" spree. emoji38.png

Up for a pish or up to post pish?

Baith. 

6 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Is it not the case that this Tarriff covers league games only. i.e those we know will take place when setting prices?  Happy to be proved wrong.  Even if I am wrong, paying £30 to share the spoils with those two is probably a step too far for me

I think your right they have to declare home league games at start of the season. 

Cup games are discretionary as far as I am aware. The £20 I paid is more than enough for a ticket. I know it's not possible due to the rules but it would be good to give us season ticket holders a little bit of a discount for cup games, 

I think your right they have to declare home league games at start of the season. 
Cup games are discretionary as far as I am aware. The £20 I paid is more than enough for a ticket. I know it's not possible due to the rules but it would be good to give us season ticket holders a little bit of a discount for cup games, 
Why? You already get a discount for league games.

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

Why? You already get a discount for league games.

We don't get a discount we commit up front.

4 hours ago, exiledfan said:

My understanding is that both teams need to agree on the ticket prices for cup games.

Interesting terminology from Percy when you see a thread that Shull started.
If there was any doubt..............................[emoji38]

I noticed that too. If they don't want to be classed as "a shull", then they should stop behaving like "a shull". I'm not sure shull can do that, though. What do you think shull, eh, I mean Faraway? :whistle

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Interesting terminology from Percy when you see a thread that Shull started.

If there was any doubt..............................:lol:

That's an interesting thread you have "dug up" from what will be four years ago later this year.

Are you, of all people, now telling the truth that @Slarti is indeed the same person as "Slartibartfast" which I was already told but he denied?!  Can we now officially class @Slarti as being "economical with the truth"?! :rolleyes: