St Mirren v Motherwell, 28/1/23

faraway saint

I'll not make this game, trying to catch up on lost work over the last few weeks but I'm hopeful we get a win.

It's been clearly said above that we really need a win and get this monkey off our backs.

Reading the Sunday papers seems to suggest that Motherwell weren't brilliant yesterday against a team close to the bottom of the league below us so they are not exactly Argentina.

I'll not make this game, trying to catch up on lost work over the last few weeks but I'm hopeful we get a win.
It's been clearly said above that we really need a win and get this monkey off our backs.
Reading the Sunday papers seems to suggest that Motherwell weren't brilliant yesterday against a team close to the bottom of the league below us so they are not exactly Argentina.

Motherwell are one of a number of teams who according to their fans are having a terrible season but in reality they aren't that far behind us.

They are however going through a poor run too so hopefully we can scrape one of our one goal wins to get back to winning ways.

I said on another post January February schedule is busy for all teams but we have to get a few wins during this period with the home games we have as our last 3 games pre split are Hearts and Rangers away and Killie at home could be 1 point from 9 last 3 matches to not make top 6.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

So sexual abuse on kids is funny is it? Something to joke about? Absolute scumbag comment and sums u up..

Not funny at all, clearly something traumatic has happened to you ...  Celtic boys club play football .. shows more where your mind is at.... 

2 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

See if I annoy u then I love it... 

I never said that you annoy me, I said that you're a fanny.  You try way too hard to be controversial that it's laughable, in a laugh at, not with, kind of way.  In other words, you're a funny fanny.

On 1/22/2023 at 8:18 PM, Ronnie said:

Motherwell are one of a number of teams who according to their fans are having a terrible season but in reality they aren't that far behind us.

They are however going through a poor run too so hopefully we can scrape one of our one goal wins to get back to winning ways.

I said on another post January February schedule is busy for all teams but we have to get a few wins during this period with the home games we have as our last 3 games pre split are Hearts and Rangers away and Killie at home could be 1 point from 9 last 3 matches to not make top 6.

I couldn’t agree more here. We spend a lot of the season looking forward, passing by teams but then we start looking in the rear view mirror.  

It’s human nature but you get comfortable and then forget about your position and start to take it for granted.

I’ve just been bumbling along thinking Well and the fakes were miles behind us. Remember too that County were miles behind us last season and then finished ahead!!

Anything less than a win tomorrow and I’m afraid that it starts to make our aspirations for top 6/Europe look weak.

COYS.

Just now, Warrior Saint said:

Love the keyboard warrior hard man name calling that u wouldn't dream of saying to my face...jog on wee guy..

I've never said anything on here that I wouldn't say to the person's face.

You're not gong to invite me to meet you outside St Mirren Park again, are you?  You never showed the last time, so why would I assume you would this time?

Why would I jog on you?

On 1/22/2023 at 8:18 PM, Ronnie said:

Funny you should say that, i was just talking to an aberdeen and hibs fan this morning who are both in utter despair at how their seasons are going. Both say its the worst team they've had for years and both of them think their managers should and will be sacked. Both of them are above us in the league.

I assume Motherwell will have seen the Dundee game last week. If they play that style we won't score, infact we will struggle to create a chance. Hopefully they come out and attack us a bit and leave us room to counter, but I fear we will be in for yet another turgid grind.

0-0

26 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Funny you should say that, i was just talking to an aberdeen and hibs fan this morning who are both in utter despair at how their seasons are going. Both say its the worst team they've had for years and both of them think their managers should and will be sacked. Both of them are above us in the league.

I assume Motherwell will have seen the Dundee game last week. If they play that style we won't score, infact we will struggle to create a chance. Hopefully they come out and attack us a bit and leave us room to counter, but I fear we will be in for yet another turgid grind.

0-0

We are easy to play against  ,as soon as we lose the ball we slip into 5/3/2 formation ,the opposition  move to 4/4/2 ,we get outnumbered in midfield,  and within  2 passes they are on the edge of our box.

If our full backs do not get down the flanks we are in negative mode for 90 mins ,crap

0-0
Yeah, it's mental how tight the league is again and 2 years in a row Aberdeen and Hibs have been crap but despite both being worse than last season they are higher up the league.

I had a disagreement with an Aberdeen fan about Goodwin around world cup time when he thought Goodwin was amazing with them 3rd in league and in cup semi final.

I called him out that their lofty league position had alot of luck attached they had 2 controversial red cards that led to penalty that led to 1 goal leads v St Mirren and Livingston also got away with a stonewall penalty not given for Motherwell in last minute first weekend of VAR 9 points they got from those bits of luck.

The same with Hibs they had 5 red cards in 4 home matches to the opposition that resulted in quite a few points too.

Robinson was right that we used all our VAR luck in one match.

The luck Aberdeen and Hibs have had above other teams seem to have that we don't seem to get get and so when our strikers miss great chances to take victories away at Kilmarnock, Livingston, Home and away to Hearts makes a big difference in our points total.

Back to the match Motherwell have signed 4 new players so hard to know how they will play we really need the luck I'm talking about at the minute to get that next win on board.

Favourites for tomorrow, reasonable odds, enough to tempt me on a wee acca.
image.thumb.png.7e2b53313f04dea57c450ace6eb0b77e.png
Always do a St Mirren betbuilder but thinking of doing a Ross County one into the mix this weekend always bet on strikers making debut but when Brophy's debut looks like coming against his old team more reason he will most likely score now.