St Mirren v Motherwell, 28/1/23

faraway saint

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

OK, prediction time, 1-0, and we'll all be happy tonight. 👍

That's the way to do it. :thumbs2

4 hours ago, elvis said:

I have just read a stat on twitter our next three games counting today's are against struggling teams so we all know what that means three defeats for us and right back in the pack trying to avoid bottom two.

This is not the way to do it. :1eye

Just what the doctor ordered as a few people have mentioned it's points that are so important for us right now.

Our home form is absolutely outstanding and the season ticket holders are getting their moneys worth this season after a few seasons when it's been dire at home.

To say the obvious we really need somebody who can stuff the ball into the net as that last 10 minutes was torture.

A quiet wee night tonight with an old mate and a few drams.

Thanks Saints, made my day. 

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Sacked .... Ross and Goodwin really kicked on after us 😄

To think Aberdeen paid us a decent chink of money, we have a better manager, IMO, and now they're looking for their umpteenth manager in a few years.

I'm up for the the next game, my smile will be fixed between now and then. 

16 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

Not pretty, but the 3 points is all that matters..

You've hit the nail straight on the head there, Helmettroll.

I'm not a big fan of Alex Gogic in defence, I feel a lot more confident when he's in the middle of the park but Mr. Stephen Robinson is in charge and we got all three points.  We needed to get that win over Motherwell as I don't think we've beaten them at the current stadium have we?  It's certainly been a long time since we've beaten them at home and they seemed to have a hex over us at St. Mirren Park.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

To think Aberdeen paid us a decent chink of money, we have a better manager, IMO, and now they're looking for their umpteenth manager in a few years.

I'm up for the the next game, my smile will be fixed between now and then. 

To think Goodwin will get a huge pay off.... I have no sympathy... just not his level and Robbo showing what a real manager is like...just hope Dons dont try us again for their next manager... 

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

To think Goodwin will get a huge pay off.... I have no sympathy... just not his level and Robbo showing what a real manager is like...just hope Dons dont try us again for their next manager... 

Aberdeen have been a mess for years, spend lots and achieve next to nothing.

They still think they are a force, no sympathy although I will be polite when I go up their for the next game. :lol:

I guess we’ll find out on Wednesday if the Aberdeen players had downed tools or whether they really are just shite.

As for today, we lost our way when Offord came on. Ball stopped sticking up front and Motherwell got much more possession. Thank f**k they were too shite to do anything with it. 

Today’s ratings.

Carson - Very good

Strain - Poor

Tanser - OK

Fraser - Briliant

Dunne - Decent

Gogic - Good

Erhahon - Very good

O’Hara - Very good

Kiltie - Decent

Main - Good

Greive - Good

Subs were all ok. 

Fraser our best player for me today. 

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

2-0 for us today. 
As for the other weekend games, here’s what I hope for…

Hibs and Aberdeen to have a 0-0 draw. Gives neither of them a boost and with no goals morale stays low. 

Rangers to cuff St. Johnstone and do some damage to their GD.

Killie v RossCo not too fussed about really. A draw or a County win I guess. 

United not an immediate threat to us yet (especially if we win today), but I’d sooner Celtic just battered them anyway. 

And finally, much as it pains me to say it, I think 3rd is now a pipe dream, so might as well have Hearts just batter Livi now. 

Mostly went as I’d hoped in the other games today apart from Hibs getting a big win. 
Let’s hope Brophy can do us a favour against Hibs on Tuesday and we can go 4th by beating Aberdeen on Wednesday……..assuming of course that Livi lose at Parkhead. 

ETA …….erm and Livi don’t beat Hearts tomorrow. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

St Mirren 1-0 Motherwell, final score.
Not great but 3 points were a must today.
They never looked like scoring, fairly conformable, the odd stramash apart.
Still, the lack of a goalscorer is a worry, need to finish these games off, not good for my nerves. 
The last 5 or 6 minutes showed how nervy we can be. 
If I only i thought our striker would score it was a choice between him and O'hara to score against their old team. 8e80439e1dba27d4f39fee46ea7cb933.jpg

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

If I only i thought our striker would score it was a choice between him and O'hara to score against their old team. 8e80439e1dba27d4f39fee46ea7cb933.jpg

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

I cashed out when County went 2-0 as Killie don;t have 2 goals in them, just about scraped my bet money back so no harm done. 

image.thumb.png.3f3016e15188324807d6e78c0e4a4ea9.png

I feel sorry for Jim - he is a decent manager and more importantly a good guy.

Getting back to Jim's former team - that was a decent performance and a good three points today.

As usual it was a good team performance but I thought Strain, Kiltie, Greive and Main were a cut above the rest.

Great 3 points. But not one of our best performances. As usual, Main and Grieve worked their socks off. Midfield were off the boil a bit today. Carson made one big save. Might have missed Keanu's energy. Ethan made a tremendous block near the end. But 3 points in the bag, on to Wednesday. Coys.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Mostly went as I’d hoped in the other games today apart from Hibs getting a big win. 
Let’s hope Brophy can do us a favour against Hibs on Tuesday and we can go 4th by beating Aberdeen on Wednesday……..assuming of course that Livi lose at Parkhead. 

ETA …….erm and Livi don’t beat Hearts tomorrow. 

and if your aunty had bollocks she would be your uncle