St Mirren v Motherwell, 28/1/23

faraway saint

Good win considering we didn't play that well. We really miss Gogic's energy in the middle. Hope Joe or Declan are fully fit soon to allow Gogic to move up. Wee bit concerned how light the bench is now. Onwards and upwards.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I feel sorry for Jim - he is a decent manager and more importantly a good guy.

Getting back to Jim's former team - that was a decent performance and a good three points today.

As usual it was a good team performance but I thought Strain, Kiltie, Greive and Main were a cut above the rest.

Funny how folk see the game differently.  I thought Strain was very poor today and comfortably our worst player. 

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Good win considering we didn't play that well. We really miss Gogic's energy in the middle. Hope Joe or Declan are fully fit soon to allow Gogic to move up. Wee bit concerned how light the bench is now. Onwards and upwards.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I agree we didn't play that well, in spells half decent, but we didn't deserve to draw or lose to Hearts IMO.

Up's and downs, a fine line. 

6 hours ago, elvis said:

I have just read a stat on twitter our next three games counting today's are against struggling teams so we all know what that means three defeats for us and right back in the pack trying to avoid bottom two.

Uh huh....

giphy (3).gif

Watched the highlights on Sportscene.

Ethan was actually outstanding! Helps to add a zero onto his transfer fee if some English agents were watching. 😂 

Dunne looked to have dragged a Well player to the ground in our penalty area. No VAR intervention. Looks like we got away with that.

Grieve-Strain-Main goal was superbly worked. 

Got a feeling we may see Urminsky in goal against the sheep as Carson could be out depending on scan results. Same goes for knee injury to Ayunga. Looked like a nothing challenge but never a good sign if he also needs a scan.

Edited by Albanian Buddy

58 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Watched the highlights on Sportscene.

Ethan was actually outstanding! Helps to add a zero onto his transfer fee if some English agents were watching. 😂 

Dunne looked to have dragged a Well player to the ground in our penalty area. No VAR intervention. Looks like we got away with that.

Grieve-Strain-Main goal was superbly worked. 

Got a feeling we may see Urminsky in goal against the sheep as Carson could be out depending on scan results. Same goes for knee injury to Ayunga. Looked like a nothing challenge but never a good sign if he also needs a scan.

The penalty incident was checked by VAR. I suspect they thought it was six and two threes and not a clear and obvious error. I was sweating though. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The penalty incident was checked by VAR. I suspect they thought it was six and two threes and not a clear and obvious error. I was sweating though. 

Yeah. That’s what I thought watching at the stadium. Perhaps you got to see replays but at the ground we don’t get told fcuk all. 
The Sportscene commentators were clearly saying that VAR was not considered so I thought perhaps it was a different incident they were referring to. 

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Have to say the boys’ “Tifos” are endearingly shite. 🤣

Two issues here. One it’s sexist. Secondly the police, stewards and club will be all over them if they are in anyway controversial.

I’m amazed they ever got away with this TIFO considering the backdrop of where it was unveiled! 😂 

8359A529-F87A-4E47-9015-885A16C6D262.webp.e3104d93442d49b67552946ca5a9d546.webp

Edited by Albanian Buddy

Saints are in a great place look how far we have come, not so long ago we were

chuntering about near relegation, now we are chuntering about losing our top six place.

Look where Jim Goodwin is and look where we are under Stephen Robinson,

I doubted him when he first came in but he has done a fantastic Job, long may he continue.

33 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

Saints are in a great place look how far we have come, not so long ago we were

chuntering about near relegation, now we are chuntering about losing our top six place.

Look where Jim Goodwin is and look where we are under Stephen Robinson,

I doubted him when he first came in but he has done a fantastic Job, long may he continue.

Good honesty. Lots wanted Dick Campbell in after the League Cup exit. f**k THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!