St Mirren v Motherwell, 28/1/23

faraway saint

Saints are in a great place look how far we have come, not so long ago we were
chuntering about near relegation, now we are chuntering about losing our top six place.
Look where Jim Goodwin is and look where we are under Stephen Robinson,
I doubted him when he first came in but he has done a fantastic Job, long may he continue.
I know there is a lot about finances and the way the club is run. I find the threads on it boring with the sniping of people at each other. I'm not an accountant and don't know if it's sustainable and I'm not in the know, but by god I prefer the team and us aiming higher with budgeting for 7th than 10th. Those years were tough to take and throw money at season tickets for the crap that was on show.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I know there is a lot about finances and the way the club is run. I find the threads on it boring with the sniping of people at each other. I'm not an accountant and don't know if it's sustainable and I'm not in the know, but by god I prefer the team and us aiming higher with budgeting for 7th than 10th. Those years were tough to take and throw money at season tickets for the crap that was on show.

This is why top 6 is crucial for us...monies on league position and good payout on SC v Celtic and a couple of sales and we will be fine..  fans have really stepped up and rewarded so far with 25pts from 12 home games... which is 5 more than we managed in 19 games last season.... we are def getting better in every way as a club

This is why top 6 is crucial for us...monies on league position and good payout on SC v Celtic and a couple of sales and we will be fine..  fans have really stepped up and rewarded so far with 25pts from 12 home games... which is 5 more than we managed in 19 games last season.... we are def getting better in every way as a club
It has been great and a great reward that a lot of fans who can't travel and spend their hard earned money on home tickets (season ticket or on the door) are getting to watch the team work their socks off.

I know some would complain about needing a 20 goals a year striker (never going to happen with the money we have it's always going to be a punt and it's stupid to think otherwise), but I love the identity that Robo has put in place as I love the players energy, the pressing from the off and high up the pitch. Its all about a team effort and all defending for each other that I like to see.... It's where the style of Brophy doesn't really fit the style... And I'm ok with that. It's put him out, but I would prefer players like the rest we have. That's just my opinion though.

Three points which were very welcome. Thought it was an awful game and Motherwell were just as poor as in the first game down here. They could be in deep trouble. All our home games, despite having a good record, seem to be going in front then unable to improve on that and eventually have the fans biting the fingernails every time the opposition attack. Still feel our lack of a goal scorer will hurt us badly and it’s pretty certain we won’t sign anyone now. Regardless, the one good sign is the improved attendances which is heartening. 

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

6 is a shit target, it's surely not outwith our expectations to have a player/striker to reach double figures? 

Being realistic...we had a midfielder McGrath get 17 but 12 of them were pens... need to go back to Thommo get 15 plus.... they are like Hens teeth...  maybe if we hadnt dumped Shankland and Ross Stewart we could have 2 x 20 goal strikers and challenge for the league 😉

21 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Being realistic...we had a midfielder McGrath get 17 but 12 of them were pens... need to go back to Thommo get 15 plus.... they are like Hens teeth...  maybe if we hadnt dumped Shankland and Ross Stewart we could have 2 x 20 goal strikers and challenge for the league 😉

Immaterial really because IF we had held onto those two players and IF they had returned anything like the numbers they have elsewhere, then they wouldn’t be with us now anyway. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No we wouldn’t. Because as usual they would never have signed more than a 2 year deal. Would’ve left with 6 months left on their contract for buttons same as all our other good players have. Why would they be any different. 

Complete speculation as our managers didnt rate them anyway.... the Stewart one annoys me ...obvious he had talent...