Aberdeen v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 1/2/23

shull

Unfortunately I think The Dons have been playing way below their abilities. Wrongly or otherwise, the players looked to have downed tools. Now they've got their way and, I would imagine, Stewart out of the team, They'll want to prove their worth. I firmly believe we're in for a game tomorrow. We'll be lucky to escape Pittodrie with even a point. I would definitely play young Jamieson. Absolutely no point cutting short his, and Kieran's loan spells if they're not to be involved.

Oh shit Stewart has left Dons for Dons...that means we might need to play against 11 players tom
How this guy was club captain is beyond me??? Guy didn't even look like a football player never mind captain material still wish he was there though for tonight's match.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Hoping we really get into this lot tonight, Watt sets the tempo, no sitting back.
I need a win, fed up getting slagged off when I'm up there, time for revenge.
Aberdeen 1-2 Saints and a happy train home for me. [emoji106]
With Stewart gone and Scales suspended a brand spanking new centre half pairing for them tonight and possibly a new keeper starting so you know they are probably destined for a clean sheet it's the St Mirren way.

I had to email BET365 late Friday night to inform them that Brophy wasn't a St Mirren player anymore wonder if I will have to do the same about Tony Watt as despite me saying about the clean sheet if he starts I'll have to bet on him for first goal.

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

3 nil Saints.... and based on last weeks results thats pretty poor.... wonder what Barry Robsons first team talk was like... Manager gone ..Captain gone ...Scales suspended so its looking positive.... 

3-0 are you on drugs there's no way we are winning this probably that result in reverse.

26 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

3 nil Saints.... and based on last weeks results thats pretty poor.... wonder what Barry Robsons first team talk was like... Manager gone ..Captain gone ...Scales suspended so its looking positive.... 

Why not, we’re a well drilled side which is the opposite of the shambles that is the current Aberdeen side.

I do expect some bounce back though so I think a draw is reasonable.

19 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Unfortunately I think The Dons have been playing way below their abilities. Wrongly or otherwise, the players looked to have downed tools. Now they've got their way and, I would imagine, Stewart out of the team, They'll want to prove their worth. I firmly believe we're in for a game tomorrow. We'll be lucky to escape Pittodrie with even a point. I would definitely play young Jamieson. Absolutely no point cutting short his, and Kieran's loan spells if they're not to be involved.

I'd take a point and run, their home form has been really good, a win and we most likely go 4th in February with Hibs up next at home takes me back to the 80s team

But I don't see us winning up there we rarely do even back in the 80s,  and our away form now is pretty shit 

They will come at us with all guns blazing from the start as their attack is the strongest part of their team by far, but if we can score first and kick them in the gut their fans will turn on them for sure

C.O.Y.S  do it 

Traditionally a visit to pittodrie yields similar results as those to the OF, but thankfully Aberdeen are currently hopeless so I expect us to win, given their heavy defeats in Edinburgh and inability to match a former junior team. The caveat, of course, is that we barely score any goals these days but it might be interesting to hear excuses from the manager, should we manage the unthinkable and fail to win. 

Traditionally a visit to pittodrie yields similar results as those to the OF, but thankfully Aberdeen are currently hopeless so I expect us to win, given their heavy defeats in Edinburgh and inability to match a former junior team. The caveat, of course, is that we barely score any goals these days but it might be interesting to hear excuses from the manager, should we manage the unthinkable and fail to win. 
As much as we all think this is best chance of a victory up there in years they beat Hearts at home and only lost to Rangers and Celtic with last minute goals their only victory in weeks was at home v St Johnstone plus the 2 horrendous centre halves aren't playing tonight either.

That tied in with our inability to win up there(or anywhere) imo points to one of these nights that we've saw a thousand times before and we leave with nothing.

I'll still take the 11/4 on my coupon though[emoji23]

We certainly should have got at the very least a point recently at Tynecastle against a team far superior to the current Aberdeen team. It's football and anything can happen of course but I am far more optimistic about getting something tonight at Pittodrie than I have been for years.

Aberdeen cant be as bad surely and tbf their home record is as impressive as ours...  but...  this is a club ala Hibs 2012 and in freefall... going to be an interesting night with Watt on a mission also... Lafferty will be signing for the UDA which should keep Shull excited