Aberdeen v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 1/2/23

shull

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

We are St Mirren we have been in this same movie so many times before blah blah blah they can't win or stop conceding then suddenly Aberdeen win by about 3/4 with most likely a clean sheet too.

I said before match today that we could play against a Managerless team 2 matches in a row by time we play Hibs but think the 6-0 might give Johnson some breathing space if they lose to County midweek.

I am 50 this year and think we have only won up there twice since I was a teenager.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Im 51 this year and from my memory, i think you're probably correct. I've witnessed a few draws at Pittodrie over the years but few wins. That said, if we can field a strong starting lineup and get the breaks, its not beyond us.

Just now, munoz said:

Im 51 this year and from my memory, i think you're probably correct. I've witnessed a few draws at Pittodrie over the years but few wins. That said, if we can field a strong starting lineup and get the breaks, its not beyond us.

I am 60 this year and its been maybe 3 wins there.... but what has happened to Dons last 3 games is unique.... one thing is def our players will give 100%... if dons carry on as they have i thinks its No4 victory.... they are cardboard cutouts

8 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I am 60 this year and its been maybe 3 wins there.... but what has happened to Dons last 3 games is unique.... one thing is def our players will give 100%... if dons carry on as they have i thinks its No4 victory.... they are cardboard 

I'm they'll get a reaction but we're a far more organised team than them right now. If Robinson sets us up right, and we get at them from the outset, then we have every chance.  

Sheep fornicating fatherless sons !

35 minutes ago, munoz said:

I'm they'll get a reaction but we're a far more organised team than them right now. If Robinson sets us up right, and we get at them from the outset, then we have every chance.  

Sheep fornicating fatherless sons !

As i said earlier mate....our club is geared to top 6 this season..... BUT.... we must address our away form... what a chance for us

I am 60 this year and its been maybe 3 wins there.... but what has happened to Dons last 3 games is unique.... one thing is def our players will give 100%... if dons carry on as they have i thinks its No4 victory.... they are cardboard cutouts
I had watched a few of their games this season prior to our meeting on Christmas eve and literally 5 mins in could see the shambles again that they were trying to play out from the back the players looked nervous were arguing just looked so bad.

We could and should have did a Hearts or Hibs and rattled 5/6 past them that day.

The goals they lost in Edinburgh last 2 weeks is unique as they are as bad as anything I've seen in the top flight and hopefully the shambolic defending lasts 1 game longer.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

If you want a good laugh, and it is fecking hilarious, have a wee read of yesterdays matchday thread on the Aberdeen forum.

It's an astounding 36 pages but the slow but sure meltdown is comedy gold.

https://afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/46463-hibernian-6-0-football-monitoring-board-🤡/

Hilarious.... its like a Clan Elvis gathering

I seriously cant think of a shortlist.... Martindale no ... as he is a criminal.... Robbo. . No... as no chance they will try us again..... McInnes ....no....bottom of league... they cant afford big Sam...  Ally McCoist ?  Just checked odds....Barry Robson... no experience....Jack Ross... seriously...  and best of all Neil Lennon...  oh dear

Edited by DougJamie

If you want a good laugh, and it is fecking hilarious, have a wee read of yesterdays matchday thread on the Aberdeen forum.
It's an astounding 36 pages but the slow but sure meltdown is comedy gold.
https://afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/46463-hibernian-6-0-football-monitoring-board-[emoji1782]/
That was brilliant reading started reading from the first post after match kicked off.

Bomb Scales[emoji23].

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

That was brilliant reading started reading from the first post after match kicked off.

Bomb Scalesemoji23.png.

It's quite a read mate but very enjoyable. :lol:

I'm up there on Wednesday, going to rip the pish as much as possible, before kick off anyway. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

On 1/29/2023 at 12:31 AM, Ronnie said:

I had watched a few of their games this season prior to our meeting on Christmas eve and literally 5 mins in could see the shambles again that they were trying to play out from the back the players looked nervous were arguing just looked so bad.

We could and should have did a Hearts or Hibs and rattled 5/6 past them that day.

The goals they lost in Edinburgh last 2 weeks is unique as they are as bad as anything I've seen in the top flight and hopefully the shambolic defending lasts 1 game longer.

Agree with most of that, but we will never score that amount of goals with those forwards. Wouldn’t be surprised that a game we ought to win will be much harder than expected. Away form is woeful, remember. 

One thing is for certain, I doubt we’ll ever have a better opportunity to beat Aberdeen at Pittodrie. As others have said, our record there is truly woeful (I doubt if it’s any better than our record at Parkhead and Ibrox). 
Part of me has a nagging doubt that they still have a squad of good players who have been playing (or not playing) to get a manager sacked and will suddenly come good again on Wednesday. The other part of me says that professional footballers don’t operate like that and they are simply as bad as they’ve looked. I guess we’ll find out on Wednesday. 
Either way, a victory at Pittodrie for me makes a very big statement about where we are as a club at the moment. Particularly if we follow it up with a home win against Hibs. 

One thing is for certain, I doubt we’ll ever have a better opportunity to beat Aberdeen at Pittodrie. As others have said, our record there is truly woeful (I doubt if it’s any better than our record at Parkhead and Ibrox). 
Part of me has a nagging doubt that they still have a squad of good players who have been playing (or not playing) to get a manager sacked and will suddenly come good again on Wednesday. The other part of me says that professional footballers don’t operate like that and they are simply as bad as they’ve looked. I guess we’ll find out on Wednesday. 
Either way, a victory at Pittodrie for me makes a very big statement about where we are as a club at the moment. Particularly if we follow it up with a home win against Hibs. 
That's us fcuked now [emoji849]

Disregarding our encouraging points total so far this season, we are however St Mirren and past history dictates that in this type of situation, where the opposition is in a bad place, they will start their recovery against us in spectacular fashion.

Hope I'm wrong, but we will find out on Wednesday evening - we can watch the gory details on BBC Alba at 10pm to find out.

We've had plenty of draws up there over the years. Indeed we have got draws up there in three of the last four seasons, the only season we got nothing since promotion was the curtailed COVID season where we only played there once. A draw would be a great result here of course.

Wins have been much harder to come by. The only one this century was the 0-1 in 2011 with a Gareth Wardlaw scored a bicycle kick to keep us in the league. Although we did win a penalty shoot out at Pittodrie on way to league cup glory in 2012. 

Just seen an item on the STV news, we get the Aberdeen based version.

Still no hint of a new manager, Robson in temporary charge again, some on loan defender from Watford incoming and the 3rd choice goalie from Ajax.

All in all, seems to be chaotic, here's hoping we can cash in, score the first goal and they could well crumble.

I've got a half day, hospital appointment for an x-ray at 2 then up to Aberdeen nice and early.

10 hours ago, TopCat said:

We've had plenty of draws up there over the years. Indeed we have got draws up there in three of the last four seasons, the only season we got nothing since promotion was the curtailed COVID season where we only played there once. A draw would be a great result here of course.

Wins have been much harder to come by. The only one this century was the 0-1 in 2011 with a Gareth Wardlaw scored a bicycle kick to keep us in the league. Although we did win a penalty shoot out at Pittodrie on way to league cup glory in 2012. 

Excellent post, Sir!

Regarding the bit of your post in bold...

0_7972663.jpg.31417e32ce64ea5c867d0c0f4bd87498.jpg

15 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Disregarding our encouraging points total so far this season, we are however St Mirren and past history dictates that in this type of situation, where the opposition is in a bad place, they will start their recovery against us in spectacular fashion.

Hope I'm wrong, but we will find out on Wednesday evening - we can watch the gory details on BBC Alba at 10pm to find out.

The problem for us is Goodwin has just left, so it's a fresh start for them and I would imagine a new game plan. On the plus side the interim manager is dealing with players low on confidence following three terrible results and will not have had a lot of time to work with the team. 

How this goes is anyone's guess. I could see us getting a result, but equally I could see us getting scudded 3-0.

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just seen an item on the STV news, we get the Aberdeen based version.

Still no hint of a new manager, Robson in temporary charge again, some on loan defender from Watford incoming and the 3rd choice goalie from Ajax.

All in all, seems to be chaotic, here's hoping we can cash in, score the first goal and they could well crumble.

I've got a half day, hospital appointment for an x-ray at 2 then up to Aberdeen nice and early.

This seems reasonable. Had a wee scout about in their forum and it’s not a happy camp.

A team with unrealistically high expectations. McInnes won as many trophies as Danny and he was with us less than half the 7 years McInnes got. With that said they must be regretting having got rid of him.