St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 4/2/23

shull

38 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Well beaten today, although weather was the real winner. I was at hospitality which may have broken the winning spell 😁. Likely another defeat next week so hope for an improvement in the coming weeks. 

Well beaten ? What f**king game were you at ?  😂.   

Was a very close game , the stats back that up .  

Not much between the 2 sides today - as can be said for for all the teams below the two sectarian Glasgow clubs.

However, although we will experience results like today's from time to time, I think we should finish in the top six.

What we are guilty of, is sitting back too much at home.

We give the opposition too much space to get on the front foot.

Disappointed with our performance today. Hibs threatened more than Saints. We struggled throughout to put Hibs under any pressure. I don’t remember their goalkeeper under any pressure. 

Remember we have a far lower budget than Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen. Probably also United and Kilmarnock too.

Hopefully the players dust themselves down. I think there are players carrying injuries just now which will be affecting both performance and also who actually starts-finishes games.

Hibs goalscorer caused us problems all afternoon with his speed and directness.

I felt we performed better against a better Hearts team home and away than we did today. 

No one surely can say that we deserved anything from that today. 

Let’s move on. COYS

Just in.
Disappointing performance but thought a defeat was harsh on us. Did enough for a draw but not a win. Don’t remember either keeper making a big save. Fraser got skinned for their goal on the break and the boy finished it well to be fair. It was less of a chance than Main’s in the first half. Thought he hit it too early and could’ve taken it into the box before he skyed it, but we can forgive him after Wednesday.

The game up in Aberdeen looks like it took a bit out of us. Didn’t have the same press and energy with too many of our players to mention off the pace. Gogic deserves a big mention though. Thought he was superb today. Agree that we need him in midfield. Presuming Gallagher is still carrying in injury not to be starting?? From the little we’ve seen of Taylor, he looks really good.

At least Scotland scudded England in the rugby down at jolly old Twickers to cheer us up a bit. 

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Agreed. Especially at home. Motherwell game was the same. got away with that one. Absolute dire today. 90mins at home and not one shot on target. Disgraceful. 2nd to every ball. Hibs were not much better, but they wanted it more. Robinson has no idea how to change tactics when it's not going well. He waited till they scored before getting subs on. But then played the same way. He's pretty clueless. And this playing Gogic at the back while Gallagher and Taylor sit on the bench. No idea. emoji107.png Got what we deserved.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Elvis has told me to tell you you've took that too far and to stop being so negative...... I'm only passing on the message :rolleyes: 

Ronnie was ridiculed by some for this post. Unfortunately, we St Mirren fans have seen this kind of thing many times before.  Top six and Europe?  I hope so, but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.
I had that sort of feeling about today don't know why just something made me think the good home run was coming to an end today.

Most of us would be happy with top 6 anything above that is a bonus imo

It looks like a 4 way battle for 3 Top 6 places between us, Livingston,Hibs & Aberdeen and hope to f**k Aberdeen don't pip us for that spot after what happened on Wednesday night.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Very poor game won by one moment of quality. 

We never looked like creating anything. 

Thought Kiltie and Baccus played well but would like to see O'Hara win more of the ball. He shys out of 50/50 balls too often. 

I wouls start Small now the boy looks an upgrade on Tanser

If we don't make the top 6 it's because our squad is far too light, so get real people, 6 points from 3 games Hibs 7 Livingston 4  Aberdeen  3. our main rivals 

Were asking the same players to play 3 games in 7 days,  the boys just couldn't get going today they put a lot into that Aberdeen game and it showed, I'm actually surprised Greive was fit after being kicked all over the Pittodrie pitch 

Livingston made 4 changes from the team that played in midweek all in midfield we can't do that with our squad,   

Hibs played Tuesday the extra days rest would have helped them they also made 2 changes, they weren't much better than us, Aberdeen's squad cost 10 times ours,

So Get behind the team and stop the bullshit negativity 

7 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Personally think Aberdeen will come good and StJohnstone will go on a run. I see Saints finishing prob 8th. Couldn't care less about top 6 unless we get European spot....no point without it..who the feck wants extra games against Old Firm? What for? A league we will never win, what's the point really?

Top 6 means we know what our budget is for next season and can plan to sort the squad out quickly, Europe would be lovely but will cost us money and is probably at least 1 season too soon for us assuming we continue to progress.

3 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Top 6 means we know what our budget is for next season and can plan to sort the squad out quickly, Europe would be lovely but will cost us money and is probably at least 1 season too soon for us assuming we continue to progress.

Indeed, only an idiot could fail to see the financial advantages of top 6.

As for Europe, well, that's a target too far and, as you say, would almost certainly be a costly, if enjoyable for the few supporters who could afford it, exercise. 

10 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Top 6 great for money but absolutely crap for games, give me a relegation battle anyday...

I get that as mostly the top 6 games can be a bit of an anti clinax but unless youre in the bottom 2 or 3 the bottom 6 games are equally as "crap".

What seems to escape some people is the obvious financial rewards which makes a massive difference to a club like ours, giving us the chance to improve the squad for a better chance in the cups. 

Edited by faraway saint

9 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Top 6 great for money but absolutely crap for games, give me a relegation battle anyday...

I get that but to be able to progress and have a stab at europe we need to go through a few 'disappointing' top 6 seasons to be ready for it.

Edited by StanleySaint

Very poor fair yesterday. In fact we've been pretty poor for a while now. This has been coming. Deserved the defeat,.... Just. Hibs were dreadful too. Their goal scorer was the shiny part of the sh!te on show.

Not one shot on target. Absolutely howling at set pieces. Our strikers showing very little but they didn't get many chances to shine. Main had one long shot just off target. Apart from that. HEE haw.

I know he isn't alone in being well below par but Grieve hasn't really even started since he came back from his sad trip home. Unfortunately Watt looks unready for a start.

I'm now fearing a right spanking at Darkhead. I think my grandson will disown me for letting him talk me into getting tickets!

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Very poor fair yesterday. In fact we've been pretty poor for a while now. This has been coming. Deserved the defeat,.... Just. Hibs were dreadful too. Their goal scorer was the shiny part of the sh!te on show.

You've either got a very short memory or something more worrying is going on.

We were far from poor against Aberdeen and both games against Hearts for starters. 

Not brilliant against Motherwell but won and similar against Dundee.

As most people have said, more disappointing yesterday but certainly didn't get what we deserved as we deserved a draw. 

9 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Personally think Aberdeen will come good and StJohnstone will go on a run. I see Saints finishing prob 8th. Couldn't care less about top 6 unless we get European spot....no point without it..who the feck wants extra games against Old Firm? What for? A league we will never win, what's the point really?

Totally agree...what is the point of you really ?

The gloom has lifted a wee bit after yesterday which is another game we didn't deserve to lose but there's been two or three of them this season although we can't win them all as much as I'd like to. 

Talking about the season so far with my mate last night and it's been good or even better so far although their is a wee while to go.

Drawing Celtic in the cup wasn't what I wanted as another home game against easier opposition would have been idea but it is what it is.

The next league game should be seen as 3 points for us against a poor Motherwell side.