St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 4/2/23

shull

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

Top 6 means we know what our budget is for next season and can plan to sort the squad out quickly, Europe would be lovely but will cost us money and is probably at least 1 season too soon for us assuming we continue to progress.

I had actually thought that European football would cost us money but someone on here pointed out that money is divided up generously and there's good cash to be made, there saying Hearts made about 4 million from Europe 

Motherwell never got bye their first game a 2nd round qualifier and United either a 3rd round qualifier I wonder if they made anything from the pot ? ? I think both would have at least broke even with a simple trip to Ireland and Holland 

St Johnstone had a turnover of 8 million and a big profit the year they played a 3rd round Europa qualifier and a play off for the Conference losing both ties 

Was expecting the game to finish 0-0 after the 1st 30 mins with the players struggling with the wind.

Only plus for me was Gogic, showing he is the best centre half at the club but he is needed more in midfield.

Thankfully games are now finishing in daylight making the walk back to the pub less depressing.

5 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I agree with all of what you are saying but in terms of playing budgets (which include fees) there is no way that The Dons have spent 10 times as much as us. 😂 

Don't think i mentioned budgets to be honest :rolleyes:  this season they've paid out nearly 2 million on transfers, how much have we spent in transfers ?? very little and probably nothing,  I was being generous with the 10 times it's probably nearer 30 times 

I'm guessing their wage bill will be around 12 million about 4 times ours.....  Happy with that   :sorry

2 hours ago, Wooden Saint said:

The gloom has lifted a wee bit after yesterday which is another game we didn't deserve to lose but there's been two or three of them this season although we can't win them all as much as I'd like to. 

Talking about the season so far with my mate last night and it's been good or even better so far although their is a wee while to go.

Drawing Celtic in the cup wasn't what I wanted as another home game against easier opposition would have been idea but it is what it is.

The next league game should be seen as 3 points for us against a poor Motherwell side. 

I wouldn't put thoughts like that into peoples head Wooden Saint including your own... they'll be no easy 3 point games for us out there,  the team's below us are fighting for their lives and will just be as tough as Hibs yesterday, there's not a lot between any of us from 4th down, if were not at it in any game we won't take any points from any game 

56 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I'm guessing their wage bill will be around 12 million about 4 times ours.....  Happy with that   :sorry

Higher!

Certainly based on last years accounts. They though have a sugar daddy. Cormack made his money in IT.

982806C4-9D38-428C-A878-F806D66D80A8.thumb.jpeg.02d126d00b5d6ab673d4cf10ef849865.jpeg

Begs the question. 

When is @div going to ride to the rescue?

On 2/5/2023 at 9:39 AM, stlucifer said:

Very poor fair yesterday. In fact we've been pretty poor for a while now. This has been coming. Deserved the defeat,.... Just. Hibs were dreadful too. Their goal scorer was the shiny part of the sh!te on show.

Not one shot on target. Absolutely howling at set pieces. Our strikers showing very little but they didn't get many chances to shine. Main had one long shot just off target. Apart from that. HEE haw.

I know he isn't alone in being well below par but Grieve hasn't really even started since he came back from his sad trip home. Unfortunately Watt looks unready for a start.

I'm now fearing a right spanking at Darkhead. I think my grandson will disown me for letting him talk me into getting tickets!

It was a fairly similar game as the one Dundee. In the sense we huffed and puffed without really creating a clear cut chance or testing their keeper for the whole match. The only difference was that Hibs have better players than Dundee and punished us accordingly. 

I actually thought we went downhill rapidly when Grieve went off for Watt. Grieve wasn't playing well in an attacking sense, but what he was doing was buzzing around the Hibs back line and putting them under pressure so they couldn't play out from the back. Watt doesn't do that kind of hard work, and the Hibs goal came from them picking up one of our many hoofed long balls, playing it out from the back, and isolating Youan against Fraser. 

55 minutes ago, TopCat said:

It was a fairly similar game as the one Dundee. In the sense we huffed and puffed without really creating a clear cut chance or testing their keeper for the whole match. The only difference was that Hibs have better players than Dundee and punished us accordingly. 

I actually thought we went downhill rapidly when Grieve went off for Watt. Grieve wasn't playing well in an attacking sense, but what he was doing was buzzing around the Hibs back line and putting them under pressure so they couldn't play out from the back. Watt doesn't do that kind of hard work, and the Hibs goal came from them picking up one of our many hoofed long balls, playing it out from the back, and isolating Youan against Fraser. 

Looking back at their goal I think, though Gogic was one of our better players, he got caught flat footed in that instance. Fraser couldn't go in full bodied as he was already on a yellow. Maybe another central defender would have been more switched on. I honestly don't understand why we're wasting Gogic's talents in the middle of the back 3.

41 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Looking back at their goal I think, though Gogic was one of our better players, he got caught flat footed in that instance. Fraser couldn't go in full bodied as he was already on a yellow. Maybe another central defender would have been more switched on. I honestly don't understand why we're wasting Gogic's talents in the middle of the back 3.

I do agree, Gogic is essentially keeping Gallagher out the team at centre half just now. Madness, does anyone think Alex is a better defender than Dec? I bet Gogic himself doesn't even think that. 

8 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

On changing tactics during a game. Don't read what you want to see.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Thing about this is that you never post anything positive about Robinson. 

On the night he was appointed i agreed with you that i didn't think he was a good appointment and that time would tell on it

He ha proven to be an excellant appointment. He has pushed the team onto a level that we have not seen in a long while.

So...... time to admit you got it wrong and back the man

I do agree with you on Gogic though

Edited by lenziebud