Jump to content

Green Buttock vs St. Mirren, Scottish Cup 11/12 February 2023


W6er
 Share

Recommended Posts

We stand to make a few hundred grand from this one. But realistically, that's our Cup dream all but over, although we're the only club to have beaten them domestically.

What sort of a support are we likely to take? Ticket prices should be reasonable, I'm guessing £15 - £25.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, W6er said:

We stand to make a few hundred grand from this one. But realistically, that's our Cup dream all but over, although we're the only club to have beaten them domestically.

What sort of a support are we likely to take? Ticket prices should be reasonable, I'm guessing £15 - £25.

 

Shull will be fecking livid with you starting a match day thread. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Shull will be fecking livid with you starting a match day thread. :lol:

I actually looked for it to comment on! I was very surprised to see there wasn't one. 

Is there not a rule that we can ask for up to 20% capacity for the Scottish Cup?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually looked for it to comment on! I was very surprised to see there wasn't one. 
Is there not a rule that we can ask for up to 20% capacity for the Scottish Cup?
Yeah something like I thought I read it was changed to 15% imo to answer your original post can't see us taking much more than 1000 to this.

It's live on TV with most likely kick off time of around 12 or 5.30 to later Saturday evening or some random time on the Sunday with no confidence from fans of winning so can't see a big scramble for tickets.

Both clubs need to agree ticket prices if no agreement is reached standard league prices apply Celtic and Rangers have previous of playing hardball over ticket prices in these matches so expect anything from £25 upwards although someone on St Mirren Facebook said £20 was their price v Morton.



Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yeah something like I thought I read it was changed to 15% imo to answer your original post can't see us taking much more than 1000 to this.

It's live on TV with most likely kick off time of around 12 or 5.30 to later Saturday evening or some random time on the Sunday with no confidence from fans of winning so can't see a big scramble for tickets.

Both clubs need to agree ticket prices if no agreement is reached standard league prices apply Celtic and Rangers have previous of playing hardball over ticket prices in these matches so expect anything from £25 upwards although someone on St Mirren Facebook said £20 was their price v Morton.



Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk
 

I'm not sure our support will make much difference.

There were over 58,000 midweek last week, albeit ST's were allowed.

As for the price, we're not Morton and it's a later round so I suspect the ticket prices will be £25 or more.

Anyhow, as I've said, it will be a considerable cash income for us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not sure our support will make much difference.

There were over 58,000 midweek last week, albeit ST's were allowed.

As for the price, we're not Morton and it's a later round so I suspect the ticket prices will be £25 or more.

Anyhow, as I've said, it will be a considerable cash income for us. 

😂😂. Aye, course there was !!   I take it 15000 of them came in fancy dress as empty seats ? 😂😂.   
 

They count non attending ST holders in the figures, I’m sure once they have to divvy the proceeds with us and they ( best support in the world )  have to pay for their seats you’ll see a very different crowd figure .  
 

The crowd was Just over 40k on Saturday against ‘Ton .
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

😂😂. Aye, course there was !!   I take it 15000 of them came in fancy dress as empty seats ? 😂😂.   
 

They count non attending ST holders in the figures, I’m sure once they have to divvy the proceeds with us and they ( best support in the world )  have to pay for their seats you’ll see a very different crowd figure .  
 

The crowd was Just over 40k on Saturday against ‘Ton .
 

Over 40k for a cup game against Morton at 12-30 on a Saturday with the game on cooncil telly is quite remarkable imo..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not sure our support will make much difference.

There were over 58,000 midweek last week, albeit ST's were allowed.

As for the price, we're not Morton and it's a later round so I suspect the ticket prices will be £25 or more.

Anyhow, as I've said, it will be a considerable cash income for us. 

Serious question, how much do you contribute to Saints over a season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Over 40k for a cup game against Morton at 12-30 on a Saturday with the game on cooncil telly is quite remarkable imo..
I read a report in The Scotsman that they played Morton in cup at home twice in last 7 years and the crowds were 14,000 & 18,000, so yeah 40,000 is a good crowd.

Our tie will be on Viaplay Sports at some random time over the weekend.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I read a report in The Scotsman that they played Morton in cup at home twice in last 7 years and the crowds were 14,000 & 18,000, so yeah 40,000 is a good crowd.

Our tie will be on Viaplay Sports at some random time over the weekend.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk
 

 

I understand they had many more sign up to a scheme to enable them to get home cup matches, as these included the Champions League games. I don't know the full facts, but that is what I have been told. It means that many of them are essentially paying for the home cup games anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
I understand they had many more sign up to a scheme to enable them to get home cup matches, as these included the Champions League games. I don't know the full facts, but that is what I have been told. It means that many of them are essentially paying for the home cup games anyway.
Also think if say they were to draw the blue half of Glasgow in next round priority is given to the fans that attended the Morton and St Mirren matches, (Of course that is if they win).

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Yeah something like I thought I read it was changed to 15% imo to answer your original post can't see us taking much more than 1000 to this.

It's live on TV with most likely kick off time of around 12 or 5.30 to later Saturday evening or some random time on the Sunday with no confidence from fans of winning so can't see a big scramble for tickets.

Both clubs need to agree ticket prices if no agreement is reached standard league prices apply Celtic and Rangers have previous of playing hardball over ticket prices in these matches so expect anything from £25 upwards although someone on St Mirren Facebook said £20 was their price v Morton.



Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk
 

Morton sold 2000 tickets so I would expect us to sell more. Early Sat k/o would imho be the best time for most  fans who want to go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sidmirren said:

Hey Toxic Titch from Arbroath. The last 60 years don't count for you. You're not a Saints fan , you never have been. Totally conspicuous by your absence on every St Mirren memories thread. You're a fake, as well as a troll, bully and abuser.

And his other alias couldn;t resist.

Same tired patter, I feel a meltdown coming on. 🍿🍿🍿

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Sidmirren said:

Hey Toxic Titch from Arbroath. The last 60 years don't count for you. You're not a Saints fan , you never have been. Totally conspicuous by your absence on every St Mirren memories thread. You're a fake, as well as a troll, bully and abuser.

WTF 

Have i read this properly 

To be a " true " fan you must be contributing on some memories board 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

f**kin hell

Words fail me 

🤷🤷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...