Green Buttock vs St. Mirren, Scottish Cup 11/12 February 2023

W6er

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

And every one of them believes THEY are the best supporters in the world. 

Get my drift? 

I don’t .

I wouldn’t be so silly to suggest so. 

I used to be able to say I’d seen Saints play at every single senior ground In Scotland , I can’t say that now with the new grounds / teams .  Did I think I was the best supporter in the world ? absolutely not . 

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

I don’t .

I wouldn’t be so silly to suggest so. 

I used to be able to say I’d seen Saints play at every single senior ground In Scotland , I can’t say that now with the new grounds / teams .  Did I think I was the best supporter in the world ? absolutely not . 

Aye ok. 🙄

At our recent match against Dundee in the Scottish Cup, loads of people who normally sit beside us at every home match in season ticket seats were missing and there were people I'd never seen before in their seats.

It happens at every stadium, people not prepared to pay the extra money for a cup match.  I remember the "halcyon days" when you got at least one cup game on your season ticket but those days are gone now.

I'm no fan of the Green and Blue Vermin Meanies Scum FCs but as above, they're not the only supporters who don't turn up at all games, especially when it's not part of their season ticket package.

2 minutes ago, Percy Veer said:

At our recent match against Dundee in the Scottish Cup, loads of people who normally sit beside us at every home match in season ticket seats were missing and there were people I'd never seen before in their seats.

It happens at every stadium, people not prepared to pay the extra money for a cup match.  I remember the "halcyon days" when you got at least one cup game on your season ticket but those days are gone now.

I'm no fan of the Green and Blue Vermin Meanies Scum FCs but as above, they're not the only supporters who don't turn up at all games, especially when it's not part of their season ticket package.

The pics I posted were from the latest league game V Livvy - not a cup game so included in STs . 
Livvy obviously not big enough to bother getting off your arse to support your team . 

19 minutes ago, Percy Veer said:

I remember when Season Tickets covered all matches , League, Scottish Cup, League Cup, Renfrewshire Cup and Friendlies.

Those were the days, my friend.

6 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The pics I posted were from the latest league game V Livvy - not a cup game so included in STs . 
Livvy obviously not big enough to bother getting off your arse to support your team . 

I understand where you're coming from, Callum, but why not compare the cup match Greenock Morton played at Parkhead with what the attendance against us might be as this thread is about the cup match we'll be playing them in?

Everyone and their Granny and Granny's dog know that fans of the Blue and Green Vermin Meanie Scum don't turn up at games against the so called "smaller", "diddy" teams.  It was ever thus and always will be whether it's a league game or cup game.

The reason I didn't quote any particular post when making my post was because every teams support "picks and chooses" which games to go to.  Myself, I don't go to many away matches as I used to.  I have other priorities in life and can't justify going to every single St. Mirren "away match".  These days I prefer to make a weekend of an away match and spend a bit of time in the city/town where St. Mirren are playing.  I won't ever go back to Ibrox to Parkhead, that's just my personal decision as I won't give them any money to sit in their hate filled stadiums.

If the supporters of the Green and Blue Vermin Meanie Scum "can't be bothered getting off their arse" for teams like us, Greenock Morton, Livingston etc., what does it say about the St. Mirren supporters who "can't be bothered to getting off their arse" for teams like Dundee, Partick Thistle, Stenhousemuir, Queens Park, Ayr United etc.?

6 minutes ago, Percy Veer said:

I understand where you're coming from, Callum, but why not compare the cup match Greenock Morton played at Parkhead with what the attendance against us might be as this thread is about the cup match we'll be playing them in?

Everyone and their Granny and Granny's dog know that fans of the Blue and Green Vermin Meanie Scum don't turn up at games against the so called "smaller", "diddy" teams.  It was ever thus and always will be whether it's a league game or cup game.

The reason I didn't quote any particular post when making my post was because every teams support "picks and chooses" which games to go to.  Myself, I don't go to many away matches as I used to.  I have other priorities in life and can't justify going to every single St. Mirren "away match".  These days I prefer to make a weekend of an away match and spend a bit of time in the city/town where St. Mirren are playing.  I won't ever go back to Ibrox to Parkhead, that's just my personal decision as I won't give them any money to sit in their hate filled stadiums.

If the supporters of the Green and Blue Vermin Meanie Scum "can't be bothered getting off their arse" for teams like us, Greenock Morton, Livingston etc., what does it say about the St. Mirren supporters who "can't be bothered to getting off their arse" for teams like Dundee, Partick Thistle, Stenhousemuir, Queens Park, Ayr United etc.?

I agree with most of what you say but the last paragraph I dont get .

I’d say most Buddies would be more than happy to buy a ticket to watch us play the teams you mention - I’d like to think if those fans had a season ticket they’d almost certainly attend.  
I accept my opinion  may be a tad  biased in this matter as  I hate the scum and every bigoted piece of shit they stand for .

all about opinions. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The sad truth of the matter, of which I'm sure you're well aware, is that they come from all over the country bypassing their local clubs on the way. I imagine a midweek game against Livingston is one they're prepared to forego if it saves them a journey from Edinburgh/Fife/Dundee, etc.

They're glory-hunting scumbags, or follow their club as an expression of their identity or heritage. Give me the Saints any day of the week.

56 minutes ago, Percy Veer said:

902035557_Screenshot2023-02-0401_28_16.thumb.png.dfe627bfe08d6f702d222a345f3254e8.png

That's some speed that you type at, btw. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I agree with most of what you say but the last paragraph I dont get .

I’d say most Buddies would be more than happy to buy a ticket to watch us play the teams you mention - I’d like to think if those fans had a season ticket they’d almost certainly attend.  
I accept my opinion  may be a tad  biased in this matter as  I hate the scum and every bigoted piece of shit they stand for .

all about opinions. 

I think we're almost on the same page.

When we were at Love Street, we got to know all our fellow season ticket holders roundabout us.

When we moved to Greenhill Road, we got separated from the people we had sat beside for years!  Even an elderly friend of my family who sat beside us was put a few rows down from us and to the left!  We started noticing that the people around us at Greenhill Road wouldn't be there when it was a cup match.  For example, we played FC Edinburgh and we were surrounded by completely different people to what we had been used to since we moved to Greenhill Road.

When we were at Love Street, the people we sat beside every league game were beside us at the cup matches.

My best-friend started taking his daughter a few years ago.  They are season ticket holders for the Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand and at the recent Scottish Cup match against Dundee, I noticed the family stand had a lot of empty seats compared to normal.  I sent a photo of my view of the family stand from the West Stand to my best-friend and he replied "Yip, a lot of regulars missing today I'm afraid! Probably to do with not having the game on the season ticket." 

I wasn't having a go at anyone who didn't attend cup games or anyone on here.  I just wanted to make the point that all clubs have supporters who think "I think I'll give that game a miss because it's not on my season ticket and I'd have to pay extra money to attend."

I'm sure the attendance figures will be adjusted to ensure we get a smaller share of the gate money. If it was a league match they would claim the attendance including season ticket holders who didn't show  but for a cup game it will be the actual numbers through the gate whether season tickets or other schemes included cup games.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

🤣🤣🤣

I'm an idiot - although I was shattered last night. However, the size of the first post is irrelevant, it's the size of the second post that matters and typing a single line in a minute is not such an incredible feat.

Still, we all learned something new about our friend, @Percy Veer. :) 

1 minute ago, W6er said:

I'm an idiot - although I was shattered last night. However, the size of the first post is irrelevant, it's the size of the second post that matters and typing a single line in a minute is not such an incredible feat.

It's ok, we all make mistakes. :wink:

3 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

I'm sure the attendance figures will be adjusted to ensure we get a smaller share of the gate money. If it was a league match they would claim the attendance including season ticket holders who didn't show  but for a cup game it will be the actual numbers through the gate whether season tickets or other schemes included cup games.

I think that would be much the same as discounts for ST holders. The full price of the seat, used or unused, would need to be declared and included.

1 hour ago, W6er said:

I was shattered last night also.  According to some on here, I must be your alias! :wink:

Edited by Percy Veer
Extra letter