The AGM controversy

doakie

On 1/30/2023 at 8:58 PM, bazil85 said:

Is that not the kind of stuff that makes it worthwhile for the Kibble to have bought in?

The deal always had to have two sides of mutual benefit. Their resources, expertise & people benefiting the club & our facilities & platform to improve their exposure? 

They’ve bought a portion share of the club. They haven’t ‘invested’.  

The things mentioned have commercial value.  Should the SMISA become The Kibble stadium next year for free would that be acceptable? 

I didn’t see Gilmour Sports taking prime position during his tenure. 

9 hours ago, Maboza said:

They’ve bought a portion share of the club. They haven’t ‘invested’.  

The things mentioned have commercial value.  Should the SMISA become The Kibble stadium next year for free would that be acceptable? 

I didn’t see Gilmour Sports taking prime position during his tenure. 

Seems like semantics, the money they have put in to buy shares in St Mirren is for a reason, it's an "investment" in the future of the football club and grow their own business. Again, the points complement each other, if they can improve St Mirren, that is in the Kibble's interest. 

I don't imagine such a thing would happen for free, no. It would have to be voted on and there isn't enough of a benefit to the football club to do that for a partner for no extra funds. That's where there is a difference in having it as the SMISA stadium, growing that brand hopefully leads to more subscriptions and more dosh to benefit the club. 

A bit irrelevant to me, the ownership model now, is what it is. I know a comparatively small number (based on the voting assumption) of people were anti-Kibble before this deal went through and the pitchforks have been out for any little thing ever since. But the reality is, things are generally going pretty well at the club. 

- Great performances on the park & league position

- Sellable player assets continue to churn out (as proven yet again in January) & a really strong squad 

- High attendance & merchandise sales

- Good investment in our infrastructure and changes to our operating model (as was promised when the Kibble came in). 

I get the loss noted in the accounts last year was a sore one, but people would really need to push hard to blame the Kibble for that IMO. This deal seems to be working for the club, whether anyone who was against it wants to accept that or not. 

43 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Seems like semantics, the money they have put in to buy shares in St Mirren is for a reason, it's an "investment" in the future of the football club and grow their own business. 

Buying shares in St Mirren is a private transaction between Kibble and the seller of the shares. It’s not an investment in the football club at all. 😂🤡

3 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Buying shares in St Mirren is a private transaction between Kibble and the seller of the shares. It’s not an investment in the football club at all. 😂🤡

This has been stated before, all of their "investment" went into the pockets of the previous owner.  Any return on that "investment" is for the benefit of Kibble and no-one else

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Seems like semantics, the money they have put in to buy shares in St Mirren is for a reason, it's an "investment" in the future of the football club and grow their own business. Again, the points complement each other, if they can improve St Mirren, that is in the Kibble's interest. 

I don't imagine such a thing would happen for free, no. It would have to be voted on and there isn't enough of a benefit to the football club to do that for a partner for no extra funds. That's where there is a difference in having it as the SMISA stadium, growing that brand hopefully leads to more subscriptions and more dosh to benefit the club. 

A bit irrelevant to me, the ownership model now, is what it is. I know a comparatively small number (based on the voting assumption) of people were anti-Kibble before this deal went through and the pitchforks have been out for any little thing ever since. But the reality is, things are generally going pretty well at the club. 

- Great performances on the park & league position

- Sellable player assets continue to churn out (as proven yet again in January) & a really strong squad 

- High attendance & merchandise sales

- Good investment in our infrastructure and changes to our operating model (as was promised when the Kibble came in). 

I get the loss noted in the accounts last year was a sore one, but people would really need to push hard to blame the Kibble for that IMO. This deal seems to be working for the club, whether anyone who was against it wants to accept that or not. 

I live out of town and don't get the chance to see much of the infrastructure, could you please point out the infrastructure investments and the physical manifestation of these?  It would also be good to see a list of changes to the operating model and proven benefits that are directly related to each change.

5 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

In these terms, it is the Kibble investing in the future of St Mirren. It is nothing but semantics. They have came in to invest their time and resources to grow SMFC in a way that also benefits the Kibble. It could not be a clearer concept. No one has ever claimed Kibble have came in and slung large values of capital at the club. :whistle

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

I live out of town and don't get the chance to see much of the infrastructure, could you please point out the infrastructure investments and the physical manifestation of these?  It would also be good to see a list of changes to the operating model and proven benefits that are directly related to each change.

The main investment in the club is Ralston (which seems to have went to the dogs over the earlier years), improvements to the gym, office areas, parks that will benefit the training of the first team and the youth academy. There has been other stuff around the ground that's changed like the murals and pre-match entertainment returning, Kibble's involvement in that, I don't know but I'm not one for separating the two regarding the operation of St Mirren. 

The operating model has changed in the Kibble using contacts & their people to cover such points as stewarding and catering. We are also seeing wider operational changes in new/ changed staff vacancies and responsibilities as well. Been a few jobs up in the last month or so that have been shared on here. Someone else also mentioned the change in backroom staff numbers but I haven't seen information on that (nor would I expect to)

36 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

In these terms, it is the Kibble investing in the future of St Mirren. It is nothing but semantics. They have came in to invest their time and resources to grow SMFC in a way that also benefits the Kibble. It could not be a clearer concept. No one has ever claimed Kibble have came in and slung large values of capital at the club. :whistle

The main investment in the club is Ralston (which seems to have went to the dogs over the earlier years), improvements to the gym, office areas, parks that will benefit the training of the first team and the youth academy. There has been other stuff around the ground that's changed like the murals and pre-match entertainment returning, Kibble's involvement in that, I don't know but I'm not one for separating the two regarding the operation of St Mirren. 

The operating model has changed in the Kibble using contacts & their people to cover such points as stewarding and catering. We are also seeing wider operational changes in new/ changed staff vacancies and responsibilities as well. Been a few jobs up in the last month or so that have been shared on here. Someone else also mentioned the change in backroom staff numbers but I haven't seen information on that (nor would I expect to)

In spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary (e.g. the  embarrassing debacle at the AGM) the Kibble PR machine kicks in again, trying to persuade us that this is a mutually beneficial arrangement. Yawn. No need to respond, Basil, as your credibility has been in tatters for quite  a while now. You are as persuasive as Mr McMillan was on the night i.e. not at all! No further comments from me - over and out.

4 minutes ago, doakie said:

In spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary (e.g. the  embarrassing debacle at the AGM) the Kibble PR machine kicks in again, trying to persuade us that this is a mutually beneficial arrangement. Yawn. No need to respond, Basil, as your credibility has been in tatters for quite  a while now. You are as persuasive as Mr McMillan was on the night i.e. not at all! No further comments from me - over and out.

But he will respond in more than 100 words.....incoming

22 minutes ago, doakie said:

There isn't overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that's nonsense. The AGM sounds blown out of proportion and I'm yet to see minutes to verify it's as bad as usual suspects make out. 

I would say it's the opposite, it's the same people with an agenda that have lost all credibility (a few had none to start with). "Kibble bad" before a ball had been kicked and they continue to show nothing that raises any real worries. 

If you have something that actually amounts to tangible evidence of the demise of SMFC since the Kibble came on board, feel free to share it. Otherwise "no need to respond" 

22 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

But he will respond in more than 100 words.....incoming

Wow, what a prediction, you must be clairvoyant

18 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

If we were to drop Kibble and its Directors   what would that mean to the running of the club ?

You keep brining this up, we can't do it. The ownership model means they will ALWAYS have comparative representation on the board as long as they hold the shares. 

If we were to drop Kibble and its Directors   what would that mean to the running of the club ?

We can't.
You keep brining this up, we can't do it. The ownership model means they will ALWAYS have comparative representation on the board as long as they hold the shares. 
Yeah, why say it in 2 words when you can use 29. [emoji14]

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

There isn't overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that's nonsense. The AGM sounds blown out of proportion and I'm yet to see minutes to verify it's as bad as usual suspects make out. 

I would say it's the opposite, it's the same people with an agenda that have lost all credibility (a few had none to start with). "Kibble bad" before a ball had been kicked and they continue to show nothing that raises any real worries. 

If you have something that actually amounts to tangible evidence of the demise of SMFC since the Kibble came on board, feel free to share it. Otherwise "no need to respond" 

Would a £1.6million loss in a year count as something tangible?

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

It would have been so much worse if we hadn’t benefited from the professionalism of the kibble 🙄

Praise be to kibble. 

Things can only get better with Tony out of harms way. 

Whoever appointed Tony needs their head examined. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

While it would be foolish to aportion ALL the blame to the Kibble it's reasonable to aportion SOME of the blame, surely. 

agree were things people at St Mirren could have done differently, like better management of the wage budget & not spending transfer money before deals are confirmed. 

I don’t know the ins and outs of the Kibble directors/ management though so (though correct, I don’t deny they’ve likely to shoulder some blame) I’m not really one for claiming there is ‘overwhelming evidence’ that the arrangement hasn’t/ isn’t working. 

15 hours ago, bazil85 said:

The main investment in the club is Ralston

Undertaken by Renderworks-https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC508112

and paid for by St Mirren FC

It took me seconds to find that information, they have a chequered recent history and only just avoided being wound up while working on the training facilities.

(which seems to have went to the dogs over the earlier years), improvements to the gym, office areas, parks that will benefit the training of the first team and the youth academy. There has been other stuff around the ground that's changed like the murals

https://www.smisa.net/news-archive/5-general-smisa-news/273-work-to-begin-on-stadium-murals

Paid for by SMISA-delivered by the artist

and pre-match entertainment

https://www.stmirren.com/fans-news/2785-pre-match-entertainment-st-mirren-v-st-johnstone

this pre-dates Kibbles involvement by over a year

returning, Kibble's involvement in that, I don't know but I'm not one for separating the two regarding the operation of St Mirren. 

The operating model has changed in the Kibble using contacts & their people to cover such points as stewarding and catering

Both now very poor

. We are also seeing wider operational changes in new/ changed staff vacancies and responsibilities as well. Been a few jobs up in the last month or so that have been shared on here. Someone else also mentioned the change in backroom staff numbers but I haven't seen information on that (nor would I expect to)

So why point to that as an infrastructure improvement?  If you dont know you cant quantify and if you cant quantify then it doesnt exist