Remaining February Fixtures

Gentlemen, this month offers us an opportunity to really cement our place in the top 6.

Despite several season of this "dream" being discussed I've felt this season we are the real deal.

No doubt we, generally, struggle to score but, in spells we play decent football. 

The standard, sad to say, in Scotland is poor but we can only beat what's in front of us.

Here are our February fixtures.....................who's to say we can't give Celtic a fright into the bargain? 

I'm home, still buzzing but off to bed soon, been a long, but enjoyable day. 

image.thumb.png.f2a6e3e34e5c02b718b0d5a3601178fe.png

12 points and a cup quarter final to look forward to.

Seriously though,  we now have some momentum. Picking up points away from home and our home form is holding. 

When was the last time we beat Celtic, drew with Sevco and won at Pittodrie in the one season? 

If the players keep the heed , this could be a truly momentous season. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

12 points and a cup quarter final to look forward to.

Seriously though,  we now have some momentum. Picking up points away from home and our home form is holding. 

When was the last time we beat Celtic, drew with Sevco and won at Pittodrie in the one season? 

If the players keep the heed , this could be a truly momentous season. 

Aye, and were really unlucky to draw with Rangers.

Even right now, a decent season, could be, as you say, THE best we've had for a long, long time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 10:54 PM, faraway saint said:

Gentlemen, this month offers us an opportunity to really cement our place in the top 6.

Despite several season of this "dream" being discussed I've felt this season we are the real deal.

No doubt we, generally, struggle to score but, in spells we play decent football. 

The standard, sad to say, in Scotland is poor but we can only beat what's in front of us.

Here are our February fixtures.....................who's to say we can't give Celtic a fright into the bargain? 

Not been a great start to this months games, 3 losses. :(

As has been mentioned in other threads, massive two games, as all remaining games are TBH, coming up.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:54 PM, faraway saint said:

Where did you find that list of fixtures faraway :rolleyes:

Oh I know....... from your television schedule  :lol:  

When this subject was first introduced I basically thought that this next 6 games is going to make or break our season, and I excluded the Celtic cup game in that thought process.

Two league losses in and it isn't a great start. Yes SR can say after the Cup defeat: "now let's concentrate on the league and cement a top 6 place".

So we have to get into an away result mentality. We have a good home record, (and it's just as well as the away record is pretty awful), and start pulling points out of the difficult games away from Paisley, otherwise I think bottom 6 will beckon again. 😒

Well, after yesterday's deserved win things look a wee bit brighter.

The Hibs & Motherwell games were, IMO, unlucky to be losses.

Not saying we deserved to win but draws would have been closer to the truth for me.

Anyhow, that's the way it goes as there's been a few games we've sneaked a win when we probably didn't deserve it.

Tough game next week after St Johnstone had a victory yesterday away from home. 

The much maligned Stevie May banged in a brace.