Motherwell v St Mirren Wed 15th Feb 2023

faraway saint

After today this is another massive game.
Motherwell got pumped up in Aberdeen today, they've not won a game in ages, we have to be looking at a win here.

Every possibility Hammell won't be in charge by this game 1 win in 15 and a tricky tie away at Raith on Saturday.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

I don't get why they didn't wait till after the Scottish Cup games this weekend before rearranging this. If we both go out at the weekend - which is not unlikely - we could have played this on Saturday 11th March, quarter final weekend. If one of us got through there's plenty of other free midweeks between now and the split. 

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

I don't get why they didn't wait till after the Scottish Cup games this weekend before rearranging this. If we both go out at the weekend - which is not unlikely - we could have played this on Saturday 11th March, quarter final weekend. If one of us got through there's plenty of other free midweeks between now and the split. 

Motherwell are still most likely to progress, you can't run a schedule of matches on some maybes.  They can always rearrange after the weekend if the chance arises

28 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Motherwell are still most likely to progress, you can't run a schedule of matches on some maybes.  They can always rearrange after the weekend if the chance arises

No chance they will rearrange with four days notice. Like every match, it'd be much better for both sets of fans to have it played on a Saturday afternoon. All they had to do was wait till Monday when they'd have had their pick of pretty much every mid week in the next two months if one team got through at the weekend. 

Our small squad is now tiring... rather see some changes in cup game so we have some fresh legs v Well.... 
Think the lack if fresh legs had the biggest impact on the "top 6' failure season we ended up having about 5 home games in a short period of time and we never utilised the full squad in those games resulting in not getting 1 more win that would have got top 6 comfortably.

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

No chance they will rearrange with four days notice. Like every match, it'd be much better for both sets of fans to have it played on a Saturday afternoon. All they had to do was wait till Monday when they'd have had their pick of pretty much every mid week in the next two months if one team got through at the weekend. 

Bullshit

Even with our (probably) injury-depleted squad we ought to be good enough to win this one. My principal concern would be the weather - the Hibs game last weekend was a reminder that form can be trumped by the elements with the howling wind clearly affecting our game plan.

Then you run the risk of other games being postponed and ending up with a congested fixture list immediately pre-split.

10 hours ago, Slarti said:
20 hours ago, TopCat said:

Then you run the risk of other games being postponed and ending up with a congested fixture list immediately pre-split.

Not many games are postponed beyond March, and pretty much every midweek is free. Wednesday 22nd February is free, Wednesday 1st of March is free etc etc. In the unlikely event of a league game after the cup game being postponed, there would have been no fixture pile up. 

42 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Not many games are postponed beyond March, and pretty much every midweek is free. Wednesday 22nd February is free, Wednesday 1st of March is free etc etc. In the unlikely event of a league game after the cup game being postponed, there would have been no fixture pile up. 

I wasn't talking about March, I was talking about between the original date of the fixture and now.  It's entirely possible that if we had had a bad winter we could be looking at 3/4 postponed games to catch up on, not just one.

Who is this they?

I know I mentioned this earlier in the thread that Hammell could be out a job by this match but FFS are the bookies mental Raith are around 3/1 to beat them and we are around 2/1 against a team with no league wins in 3 months.

18 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I know I mentioned this earlier in the thread that Hammell could be out a job by this match but FFS are the bookies mental Raith are around 3/1 to beat them and we are around 2/1 against a team with no league wins in 3 months.

Aye, 21/10, very generous, even taking into account our dodgy away form.

Motherwell have only won 1 game at home all season.

Free money. :wink:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Was going to lump on, this free money suggestion has put me off! Shame on you FS ☺️

Pre-covid our away form was similarly dodgy but I seem to remember Motherwell was the only place we won twice in the period from promotion to COVID, so pretty sure our away record against them is probably only 2nd to our record at Dundee Utd.