Motherwell v St Mirren Wed 15th Feb 2023

faraway saint

Grieve came on to pitch with leg all strapped up so very likely a Tony Watt/Curtis Main strike force on Wednesday. We know what normally happens when strikers play against their former club Watt, Main and O'Hara 3-1 Saints.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

With Ayunga out now Grieve out and Tony Watt, well not quite looking settled - we are looking a bit light up front. Is there an option to call back Brophy? 

also - Shaugnessey has surely to get a start now? 

I think we should take a chance on young Jamieson on Wednesday. Mane would continue to do the "dirty" side of the game and we can't score many less than we have up until now.

48 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I think we should take a chance on young Jamieson on Wednesday. Mane would continue to do the "dirty" side of the game and we can't score many less than we have up until now.

Fair enough. I haven’t seen a lot of him but by all accounts he’s a decent player. The defence, Shaugnessey is the call for me. I’m not sure why he’s not getting much of a start tbh 

Obika?
Yes that's their goal.

Carson, Dunne,Gallagher, O'Hara, Watt, Main and Obika all possibly starting against their old team.

I would play Watt scored against Motherwell for Dundee Utd last season not long after his signing no pint signing him if not going to play him obviously doesn't look match fit but tell him to give us 60 mins then get Offord or Jamieson on.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Fair enough. I haven’t seen a lot of him but by all accounts he’s a decent player. The defence, Shaugnessey is the call for me. I’m not sure why he’s not getting much of a start tbh 

Pre-Buttock match, SR indicated in an interview, that Shaugnessy was almost recovered - from a niggle, I presumed…

This is a big game for us, in fact the success (or otherwise) of our season will be decided in our next three games. Motherwell, Ross County and St Johnstone, all beatable, and 9 points from these fixtures would have us on Easy Street for the rest of the season. 

On 2/6/2023 at 10:14 AM, TopCat said:

I don't get why they didn't wait till after the Scottish Cup games this weekend before rearranging this. If we both go out at the weekend - which is not unlikely - we could have played this on Saturday 11th March, quarter final weekend. If one of us got through there's plenty of other free midweeks between now and the split. 

Lo and behold, we are both out the cup. Could have played this on a Saturday afternoon in spring, instead we are playing it on a winters Wednesday. 

Lo and behold, we are both out the cup. Could have played this on a Saturday afternoon in spring, instead we are playing it on a winters Wednesday. 
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-freeze-february-coldest-month-23461264

So a chance of more games getting postponed.

Yeah hindsight is a great thing, tick tock. [emoji1787]

The forecast I just watched said it's to be very mild, for the time of the year, this week and for the foreseeable future. 

The possibility of slight frost mentioned for tonight, but no mention of snow or a storm at all.

Where do these newspapers get their information from?

image.thumb.png.fab8335ffe05a931886ac37714f78671.png