Motherwell v St Mirren Wed 15th Feb 2023

faraway saint

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

Well, the EFL match between Burnley and Watford was on Sky last night, so why not?

There used to be a prohibition on matches being broadcast live on CL nights. The EPL always ignored the ban because the fine was chickenfeed in their eyes. Possibly the Championship take the same view or perhaps the rule doesn't exist now. The SPFL always respected it though because they couldnae afford the fines.

45 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

This was the risk we took getting Brophy off the books. 
Will be interesting to see how SR deals with this…. 

I’d think he’d Start with Main & Watt with Offord getting final 30 mins replacing Watt . fresh legs against a pretty shit ‘Well defence . 

We now have 7 ex Motherwell players in our squad + their ex manager + their former assistant manager.

If it wasn't for injuries we could have played all 7 players tonight.

So long as those playing don't feel too sorry for the sad plight their former club is in at the present time.

Edited by northstbuddie

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

We now have 7 ex Motherwell players in our squad + their ex manager + their former assistant manager.

If it wasn't for injuries we could have played all 7 players tonight.

So long as those playing don't feel too sorry for the sad plight their former club is in at the present time.

I think it was Jim Goodwin, several years ago, who expressed admiration for the set up they had at Fir Park.

However, surely we have taken things too far?

50p????? Too much for this Paisley boy. [emoji33]

I didn't see the red card and penalty on your line.
Bet builders in England always give red card option and sometimes penalty option for some reason the bet builder available on Scottish matches neither are available.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Hmmm - Taylor looks a bit off the pace & got caught out a lot v Celtic BUT maybe this game will suit him more.

Dunne obviously not being risked. 
Big Joe well down the pecking order now. I’d rather see him in there than Taylor. In fact, arguably I’d rather see him there than Gallagher.

Taylor presumably getting the nod as the only fully fit centre back with pace. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

4 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Ffs why is Taylor playing? Absolute bomb scare, how the feck can Joe no get in infront of him...that left side with Tanser and Taylor is weak as, fully expect 2-0 defeat with that team...

That’s my concern! Why is Joe (if fit) not getting the nod? Taylor doesn’t fill me with confidence…. However - I said the same about SR at the start of the season so happy to be proven wrong (again)! 

21 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Ffs why is Taylor playing? Absolute bomb scare, how the feck can Joe no get in infront of him...that left side with Tanser and Taylor is weak as, fully expect 2-0 defeat with that team...

Brilliant, since you know feck all about everything I've just added to my bet for us to win. :lol:

Thanks. :thumbs2

PS We're the away team, that kinda fcuks up your well thought out prediction. :1eye

Edited by faraway saint

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

There used to be a prohibition on matches being broadcast live on CL nights. The EPL always ignored the ban because the fine was chickenfeed in their eyes. Possibly the Championship take the same view or perhaps the rule doesn't exist now. The SPFL always respected it though because they couldnae afford the fines.

It's crazy. Surely the rules should be applied. I haven't heard of UEFA fining any of the English clubs. There was also a Bundesliga match broadcast last night.