One Player And One Player Only

shull

Pick any former St Mirren player from any era to play and help the present team for the remainder of this Season and get us a European place and may help us win the Scottish Cup.

I really think we are dying out for a prolific striker.

So for me, it's got to be...

THE LEGEND DOUGIE SOMNER 

15 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

McAvennie . A tough decision,  but Macca can play as an out and out striker and also as an attacking midfielder,  so his versatility gives him the starting spit .

In my day, we called it, a “yuckle”.

eta

hmmm.

Being curious, I find that word from my childhood now bears the spelling of, “yuchle”.

I quite like that.  It fits.

The “ch” builds - or plays on - the noise created deep in the throat, as one dredges up the material in preparation for the act of yuchling.

I hope this edit helps.  It worked for me.  :)

Edited by antrin

In my day, we called it, a “yuckle”.

eta
hmmm.
Being curious, I find that word from my childhood now bears the spelling of, “yuchle”.
I quite like that.  It fits.

The “ch” builds - or plays on - the noise created deep in the throat, as one dredges up the material in preparation for the act of yuchling.

I hope this edit helps.  It worked for me.  [emoji4]
Oi, you're not Susie Dent. You're ruining my day time eye candy lusting. [emoji3059]

Oh I really need to get back to work. [emoji1787]

3 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Correct.

Not a bad shout. Let’s be honest, us over 50 somethings could probably name far better players than Andy D, but in the spirit of the original question, what do we really need?

Is it a prolific striker or is it a creative midfielder?
To be honest it’s probably a combination of the two, and it my life time probably the only one who could outdo Andy in that respect would be Billy Stark. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2