We Buy Any Car

faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Meant to say, We Buy Any Car sent me a revised offer 3 or 4 days after the original quotation.................................

£285 LOWER. :lol:

My reply wasn't very polite. :rolleyes:

It varies all the time. They will keep sending “offers” but ultimately the money you end up receiving will depend on the physical assessment at point of sale. Good luck.

8 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

It varies all the time. They will keep sending “offers” but ultimately the money you end up receiving will depend on the physical assessment at point of sale. Good luck.

The "physical assessment" is a joke.

We were quoted a 4 figure sum for my wife's wee 13 year old runaround Ford Fester. (sic)

It was actually in good nick and had not long since had a lot of work done to it. It also had new tyres and a new exhaust. A lovely wee runaround car for someone.

We went into the office...

They confirmed the 4 figure valuation.

We went outside to "inspect" the vehicle.

Cross in box after cross in box.

Back in the office the nice man entered all his findings into the computer... and offered us £125! I kid you not.

I told him it was worth more in scrappage! 

I haggled him up, but it was hard work. These are experienced "dealers".

Still a shit settlement but I just wanted rid of the car as I was upgrading and my old car was worth twice the settlement fee. It still is going strong for my better half. 

WeStealAnyCar serve a purpose, but they serve themselves first and foremost and any initial quote should be laughed at. 

On 2/16/2023 at 5:21 AM, faraway saint said:

Meant to say, We Buy Any Car sent me a revised offer 3 or 4 days after the original quotation.................................

£285 LOWER. :lol:

My reply wasn't very polite. :rolleyes:

ANOTHER quote, jumped up by £105 but still short of the original quote. :lol:

Makes you think they don't have a clue, automated software probably with, unfortunately, no common sense built in. :1eye

Went to Struans in Dundee, quite strange, not the usual smarmy salespeople all over you as soon as you arrive.

Wandered around with no pressure/hassle, seen 3 cars we liked then had to go into the showroom to get a guy to get the keys and show us what he feck all the buttons do. :lol:

Eventually settled for the Peugeot 3008, nice spec and plant of room for dogs and suitcases when jetting off on holiday.

Oh, they gave me £30 under the first "quote" I got from We Buy Any Car with no hassle. :thumbs2

Went to Struans in Dundee, quite strange, not the usual smarmy salespeople all over you as soon as you arrive.
Wandered around with no pressure/hassle, seen 3 cars we liked then had to go into the showroom to get a guy to get the keys and show us what he feck all the buttons do. [emoji38]
Eventually settled for the Peugeot 3008, nice spec and plant of room for dogs and suitcases when jetting off on holiday.
Oh, they gave me £30 under the first "quote" I got from We Buy Any Car with no hassle. :thumbs2

Automatic or ex demonstrator [emoji848]

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Wandered around with no pressure/hassle, seen 3 cars we liked then had to go into the showroom to get a guy to get the keys and show us what he feck all the buttons do. :lol:

My mechanic gave me one piece of advice when car shopping... Never buy French. This was based purely on his volume of work.

You might want to keep this link handy!

https://www.whocanfixmycar.com/advice/peugeot-3008-common-problems

Happy motoring.

Screenshot_2023-02-24-17-34-04-068-edit_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Nice car 👍🏼

31 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

My mechanic gave me one piece of advice when car shopping... Never buy French. This was based purely on his volume of work.

You might want to keep this link handy!

https://www.whocanfixmycar.com/advice/peugeot-3008-common-problems

Happy motoring.

Screenshot_2023-02-24-17-34-04-068-edit_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

I had a FIAT once, loads of problems with it and my mechanic told me the mechanics joke was FIAT Stood for “Fix it again Tam.” Very apt. 

3 minutes ago, Bgsaint said:

I had a FIAT once, loads of problems with it and my mechanic told me the mechanics joke was FIAT Stood for “Fix it again Tam.” Very apt. 

Yup... My mechanic actually warned me against buying French or Italian.

That said, one of my first ever cars was a rust and yellow coloured Fiat 127.

Bodywork was shocking but the engine never once let me down. 

I drove to Torquay and back in it. The sporty spots on the front obviously helped. 🤐😂😂😂

32 minutes ago, HSS said:

Nice car 👍🏼

I spent a considerable amout of time reading review after review.

Sure, not perfect but that's the same for all cars.

Overall it comes out pretty high in many key areas.

There's always one car from any manufacturer that can taint a person's view, just need to hope this one isn't one of those. :thumbs2

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I spent a considerable amout of time reading review after review.

Sure, not perfect but that's the same for all cars.

Overall it comes out pretty high in many key areas.

There's always one car from any manufacturer that can taint a person's view, just need to hope this one isn't one of those. :thumbs2

What colour?

Buying a brand new car that's a French or Italian marque is a first class demonstration of how to pish large amounts of money away on depreciation. Of course, If the car is white you may get a much better quality vehicle that will actually appreciate in value while you own it.

:booty

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Buying a brand new car that's a French or Italian marque is a first class demonstration of how to pish large amounts of money away on depreciation. Of course, If the car is white you may get a much better quality vehicle that will actually appreciate in value while you own it.

:booty

Who said it was new? 

All car manufacturers have issues these days in terms of quality and reliability. 

There is a pressure to reduce costs even with so called premium/luxury brands. 

It used to be the Mercedes was a premium brand but I believe it now shares many components used by other manufacturers. 

There are so many “electronic” parts within a vehicle that can be an absolute nightmare to trace and repair resulting in “limp home” issues. 

Water damage in our climate can cause all manner of issues with modern day cars. We used to be able to repair cars by the side of the road in the 70s and 80s. No longer the case. 

My only advice is to find an independent service that comes recommended that is used to dealing with your vehicle unless you have done a deal with the franchise you purchased the car from. 

Look after the car and it will look after you. 

Happy motoring @faraway saint