St Mirren v Ross County SPFL PREMIERSHIP 18/2/23

shull

The first 30 secs usually gives me an indication of how we'll get on. If we don't close down and get in faces immediately from kick off we usually are second best for most of the first half. We usually improve in the second half but most Away games this season we seem to sit back that wee bit and never get back into it. No idea why that is.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Why ?  You do know he has never scored at St.Mirren park ?   I’d be more wary of Whytes aerial threat and the creativity of Dhanda .

Quite a weird obsession with this statistical quirk of him not scoring at St Mirren Park, as if goals at home count differently from those scored away from home. He scored a fantastic goal for in a win against County last season. He's certainly scored more St Mirren goals than the three strikers we are likely to have available today - watt, jamieson and offord.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Quite a weird obsession with this statistical quirk of him not scoring at St Mirren Park, as if goals at home count differently from those scored away from home. He scored a fantastic goal for in a win against County last season. He's certainly scored more St Mirren goals than the three strikers we are likely to have available today - watt, jamieson and offord.

You're funny......................how many minutes, never mind games, have the three you mentioned had "on" the park for us? 

Brophy had 43, aye 43 appearances for us scoring an astounding SEVEN goals. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You're funny......................how many minutes, never mind games, have the three you mentioned had "on" the park for us? 

Indeed.

Quite a ridiculous comparison even for him.:lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

His goal to minutes ratio is similar if not better than Main and Ayunga. Despite him being injured for long spells during his time with us. Maybe one day we will actually sign a goal scoring striker. 

10 minutes ago, TopCat said:

His goal to minutes ratio is similar if not better than Main and Ayunga. Despite him being injured for long spells during his time with us. Maybe one day we will actually sign a goal scoring striker. 

That's NOT even remotely what you indicated in your "bizarre" post. 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Ok, so Dunne, Shaugnessey, Baccus, Gogic, Main, Ayunga, grieve and Tanser all out. 

so our defence, midfield and attackers - effectively first team, all out. Ffs.

Glad I’m having a pint pre match for a change 😳

Are Shaugnessey, Baccis, Gogic and Main definitely out or just doubtful ?

Just a few short days ago most, myself included, were anticipating 6 points from the next two games. Now the excuses are in for our fourth defeat on the spin. Surely even reserve players will have a bit of fight and outdo those who are missing. Main thing is to avoid a relegation scrap as is usually the case. Fingers crossed. 

58 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Oh dear , you’re having a mare here 😂.
Let’s compare this seasons figures (2022-23 to date )as per the attached pic.
As not all of the players listed were here last season, I feel it’s only fair that we use that as comparison .  
Just to ensure fairness I’ve included Brophys single goal so far at County in the figures .

Minutes on the pitch . 
St.Mirren 277 - 0 Goals. 

Ross county 188 - 1 goal . 

Total in all competitions for season 2022-23 for both clubs .

532 Minutes on the pitch for an incredible return of 1 Goal ……. Wow !! 

That’s significantly less than Ayunga, Grieve, Main, Watt & Even Mark Ohara . His shot accuracy is also worse than our current strikers .

When Brophy joined us I desperately wanted him to succeed, it simply hasn’t worked and it was best for both parties that he move on. 

5E479784-4070-46F2-8B73-AD563F5E7893.jpeg

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

I've just had a wee look at the stats 

You know who is our most productive player in attack ? ? none other than Gerry Bakers Grandson

Ryan Strain 

Goals 3                        4th

Assists 4                       1st 

Shot accuracy            1st

Goals per shot            1st

Chances created      1st

If we only have Watt available stick Flynn at wing back and stick Ryan Strain up top he wouldn't be the first defender that found out he was actually goal scorer and could put the ball in net, there's no reason not to try this because our strikers just don't score goals 

A wee footnote  ⬇️

His opposite wing back isn't even in the top 10 in any of these stats and he easily has the most crosses in every game