St Mirren v Ross County SPFL PREMIERSHIP 18/2/23

shull

Again not a great performance. We were good for 10 mins and then went back into our shell. Team worked hard. Big shout out for Ryan Flynn. Hardly played this season, and he ran himself to a stand still .At the end we should have put the game to bed but missed a couple of sitters. Anyway 3 points and that's what matters.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Just now, santaponsasaint said:

Again not a great performance. We were good for 10 mins and then went back into our shell. Team worked hard. Big shout out for Ryan Flynn. Hardly played this season, and he ran himself to a stand still .At the end we should have put the game to bed but missed a couple of sitters. Anyway 3 points and that's what matters.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

FFS, Specsavers for you. :byebye

Excellent first ten minutes then we huffed and puffed against a really poor team for rest of the game, albeit creating enough opportunities to bury them. Gallagher and Flynn were excellent. Main put in a shift. Could not believe BBC thinking Watt was man of match. We need to be more clinical up front. All said and done pleased that we put in a shift and won given the injuries we have. Top 6 still up for grabs, but it will be tough

3 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Three points is about as much as you could say about this game. Should have been miles ahead but as usual sweating towards the end. Entertainment value negligible. Yet again the forwards cannot score. 

I really enjoyed the game. For me good entertaiment value. Dominated the first half but different County in second half.

Ryan Flynn , top pro. That performance was credit to him

Jesus that was a hard watch. Should have scored three or four but our forwards just cannot score. I have never seen a side who cannot kick the ball properly every time they get near the goal. Ross County were really poor but nearly got a draw. We should have won comfortably. However, as a total pessimist even I think we cannot now be relegated. So top six a possibility though , to be honest , I do not really care.

Was getting really worried towards the end that our failure to convert multiple good chances was going to come back to haunt us - again.

Glad to see this one tucked away , hopefully the injury situation clears up pretty damn quick or next weeks line up will be  interesting. 😬 

27 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I really enjoyed the game. For me good entertaiment value. Dominated the first half but different County in second half.

Ryan Flynn , top pro. That performance was credit to him

Agreed, Flynn was excellent. As has been said, we really should have buried them with the number of chances we created.  Although they created little we looked dead on our feet for the last 20 mins and I feared the worst but we saw the game out well. A good shift from everyone.

Just now, lenziebud said:

Thought he was excellant the whole game. Really impressed with a number of the young refs this season. 

Would have liked to have seen him book the Ross county no 7 for an outrageous dive just outside the box especially as he acknowledged there had been no foul and gestured for him to get up and a few also a few strange play on decisions but generally he had an OK game .  

If we had won that 5-1 today, County would have little complaints. We looked on it from the 1st minute, and that set the tone for the majority of the game. A mixture of poor finishing, luck and decent goalkeeping kept County in it till the end. 

Well played Saints for bouncing back after a tricky spell, especially given the injury situation. 

34 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Would have liked to have seen him book the Ross county no 7 for an outrageous dive just outside the box especially as he acknowledged there had been no foul and gestured for him to get up and a few also a few strange play on decisions but generally he had an OK game .  

To be honest thought the boy just slipped.

14 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I thought young Offord let himself down ,just did not seem up for it.

Have to agree . Great opportunity for the young lad to come on and have a real go at a very poor county team.  He didn’t offer a fraction of the chasing and closing down that you’d get from Grieve .  
Hopefully get more chances to prove himself. 

8 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

Nah not having that. He did look a bit lost at times but certainly looked 'up for it'.

Indeed.

He was unlucky not to create a goal scoring chance for himself when he showed the a clean pair of heels to nick the ball off a Ross County defender.

With more minutes on the park at this level, he'll be a better player.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Thought he was excellant the whole game. Really impressed with a number of the young refs this season. 

Excellent?

He missed the one big call in the game, despite being a few yards away and having a clear view of Edward's tackle, which was a total shocker.

Excellent?
He missed the one big call in the game, despite being a few yards away and having a clear view of Edward's tackle, which was a total shocker.
That apart, more than decent.
Difficult conditions and let the game flow when he could.  
My mate knows this ref had him at boys club level said he was always pretty fair.

I also thought he had a good game today definitely did let game flow didn't try and be centre of attention like some(see Beaton's red card today).

Obviously red card was a missed call but in real time I'll give him benefit of the doubt but that situation showed VAR in a good light used exactly as it was meant to rectify a missed call by the ref.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk