So Farewell Nicola Sturgeon

shull

38 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Dead simple question FS that really only requires a yes or no answer.

Do you REALLY believe that Scotland is incapable of being a stable independent country? 

One thing I will say mate it's not an easy decision as you can find plenty of evidence for both sides of the coin and THAT is a reason I don't see it, YES, as the right decision. 

Again, life isn't anywhere near bad so any changes are unlikely to improve things in any real noticeable way. 

I'm sure some examples can be dragged up about the state of things but that's the same for most countries, independence is certainly no magic bullet. 

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

I'm not Einstein but I'm not f**king stupid enough to think we could not be an Independent  Country.

Brilliant elvis Everything you say happens the opposite way so…………Here’s to Independence 👍🏼🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

One thing I will say mate it's not an easy decision as you can find plenty of evidence for both sides of the coin and THAT is a reason I don't see it, YES, as the right decision. 

Again, life isn't anywhere near bad so any changes are unlikely to improve things in any real noticeable way. 

I'm sure some examples can be dragged up about the state of things but that's the same for most countries, independence is certainly no magic bullet. 

For me mate it’s not about a magical land of milk and honey. It’s about self determination and an unbelievably simple concept of being governed by a government that the country has voted for.

Whether pound for pound we’d be better off is of course up for debate and a completely subjective argument, but what I absolutely refuse to believe is that Scotland is incapable of standing on its own two feet.

And before anyone accuses me of pontificating from my Jersey ivory tower, my wife an I are seriously considering moving back to Scotland after nearly 40 years and I can honestly say that if independence was looking likely it would 100% swing that decision for us. 

51 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

For me mate it’s not about a magical land of milk and honey. It’s about self determination and an unbelievably simple concept of being governed by a government that the country has voted for.

Whether pound for pound we’d be better off is of course up for debate and a completely subjective argument, but what I absolutely refuse to believe is that Scotland is incapable of standing on its own two feet.

And before anyone accuses me of pontificating from my Jersey ivory tower, my wife an I are seriously considering moving back to Scotland after nearly 40 years and I can honestly say that if independence was looking likely it would 100% swing that decision for us. 

Well put, I'm thoroughly behind independence but as I've said before, I don't live in Scotland and wouldn't expect a say in the matter unless I did, but putting the romantic notion of nationhood aside, I can see no reason why self determination should be impossible, I keep my fingers crossed for the Scottish populace to take the leap of faith at some point in the future.

14 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Well put, I'm thoroughly behind independence but as I've said before, I don't live in Scotland and wouldn't expect a say in the matter unless I did, but putting the romantic notion of nationhood aside, I can see no reason why self determination should be impossible, I keep my fingers crossed for the Scottish populace to take the leap of faith at some point in the future.

Exactly. During the 2014 indyref I absolutely acknowledged that I 100% should not be entitled to a vote, but at the same time argued fiercely that I had the right to an opinion. 
The analogy I used was that when you moved out of your parents’ house, you didn’t stop caring about what happened to your parents.