Top 6 Battle All Teams Fixtures

Ronnie

Now that our game in hand is out way and 10 from 12 have now played 25 thought I would post the fixtures for the 4 teams looking for the last 3 top 6 spaces.

St Mirren - Home -

Ross County,Celtic,Livingston,Kilmarnock

Away - St Johnstone,D Utd,Rangers & Hearts

Aberdeen - Home - Livingston,Hearts,Kilmarnock & Rangers

Away - Celtic,D Utd,St J & Ross County

Hibs - Home -

Kilmarnock,Rangers, Motherwell & Hearts

Away - Livingston,Celtic, D Utd & St Johnstone

Livingston - Home -

Rangers,Hibs,D Utd,St Johnstone & Ross County

Away - Aberdeen, St Mirren, Motherwell & D Utd.

Going by the fact they have a game in hand, are already top of the 4 team table and also have no games v Celtic or Hearts in this run I would say Livingston can only really throw away a top 6 place.

That leaves St Mirren,Hibs and Aberdeen for 2 places.

Looking at our away fixtures and our form away I can see a maximum of 4 points and that's being extra kind our home matches however we really need 8+ points to have any chance of top 6.

It's impossible to predict Hibs and Aberdeen results both have Rangers, Celtic and Hearts same as us so realistically they only really have 5 games for maximum points.

Last matches pre-split

St Mirren v Kilmarnock

St Johnstone v Hibs

Aberdeen v Rangers

Dundee Utd v Livingston.

Aberdeen v Rangers will be live on Sky Sports and I'm hoping it is Saturday lunchtime so we know by 3 o'clock what we need v Kilmarnock to get top 6.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

TBH I think we are the most likely of the four teams to miss out. We are in awful form, the squad has been decimated with injury and a poor January transfer window. Thankfully Aberdeen are at Parkhead on Saturday, so a win against County should give us a nice cushion over them. Let's hope we can do it. 

Thanks for posting. Still in our own hands but recent form and injuries seem to be working against us. Next two games are vital - then so were the last two league games!
Honestly think it will come down to ourselves and Aberdeen for the last place on the last day and after Goodwin & the most recent match up there whatever one loses out should expect alot of backlash on social media.
If Aberdeen pipped us think I would stay off it for a while I've slated their fans, team and manager all season.

1 hour ago, alwaystrue said:

9 points at home. Can't see much more than 2 away. But for other teams in the mix not sure they will pick up as many points at their home games and everyone's away form is unpredictable (pish)

If-if-we get 13 points then we will have improved on last season’s points total.

@Ronnie - much appreciated, though I think St. Johnstone are in the mix, too. I think it's a five team race:

Screenshot2023-02-1700_34_40.png.9bd3ec3c8da2c6fab482b64900b648ef.png

Hearts will almost certainly finish third, and ten points clear of 7th have nothing to worry about in terms of failing to finish in the top-six. At ten points adrift, Motherwell are not going to make it, unless they put together a terrific run. However, St. Johnstone play us in these fixtures and (ceteris paribus) they would be three points behind us. That puts them in contention, IMHO.

As for our form, @TopCat, as long as we maintain better form than Aberdeen and St. Johnstone (and assuming none of the sides below them put together a brilliant run), we're home and dry. As it stands, our form is equal to Aberdeen's and better than St. Johnstone's.

St. Johnstone's remaining fixtures

Dundee Utd (a) - a derby, so should be fiercely contested with the Arabs fighting for their lives.

St Mirren (h) - a six pointer. This is a crucial fixture for both of us. 

Hearts (a) - a tough fixture for them.

Kilmarnock (a) - Killie scrapping for every point will be another hard game.

Aberdeen (h) - a six pointer. A draw here would potentially be good for us.

Ross County (h) - Brophy to do us a favour here! County also scrapping for points.

Livingston (a) - another six pointer.

Hibs (h) - yet another six pointer.

[mention=789]Ronnie[/mention] - much appreciated, though I think St. Johnstone are in the mix, too. I think it's a five team race:

Screenshot2023-02-1700_34_40.png.9bd3ec3c8da2c6fab482b64900b648ef.png

Hearts will almost certainly finish third, and ten points clear of 7th have nothing to worry about in terms of failing to finish in the top-six. At ten points adrift, Motherwell are not going to make it, unless they put together a terrific run. However, St. Johnstone play us in these fixtures and (ceteris paribus) they would be three points behind us. That puts them in contention, IMHO.
As for our form, [mention=13994]TopCat[/mention], as long as we maintain better form than Aberdeen and St. Johnstone (and assuming none of the sides below them put together a brilliant run), we're home and dry. As it stands, our form is equal to Aberdeen's and better than St. Johnstone's.

St. Johnstone's remaining fixtures
Dundee Utd (a) - a derby, so should be fiercely contested with the Arabs fighting for their lives.
St Mirren (h) - a six pointer. This is a crucial fixture for both of us. 
Hearts (a) - a tough fixture for them.
Kilmarnock (a) - Killie scrapping for every point will be another hard game.
Aberdeen (h) - a six pointer. A draw here would potentially be good for us.
Ross County (h) - Brophy to do us a favour here! County also scrapping for points.
Livingston (a) - another six pointer.
Hibs (h) - yet another six pointer.

I thought about adding St Johnstone in to the mix and the reason I never is a tried and trusted method I have used in previous seasons when debating who would finish in the bottom 2.

St Johnstone have won 8 games
St Mirren have won 9 games
Aberdeen have won 10 games

For St Johnstone to gain top 6 in last 8 matches they would have to win 2 more matches than both us and Aberdeen while a possibility history tells you teams that only win 8 in 25 aren't suddenly going to win say 4/5/6 from last 8 matches which is the amount of wins they would most likely need.

Good thread, Ronnie.  Ta.

sensible debate.

Being always optimistic and looking at the options you (and others suggest) there is also always a first time for everything St Mirren!    I’d accept, that the following games and results might be traumatic.

but a wee bit of qualified success would be nice.  :)

And then (Like the fake Saints winning 2 cups) the Buddies will flirt again with relegation, next season.  :(

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Only 4 games on this weekend due to the VAR cousins having a wee jolly on Southside of Glasgow.

Fixtures are interesting this week
12th v 11th
10th v 9th
8th v 5th
7th v 6th.

To elaborate on that a wee bit, here are the fixtures in full.

My preference..................

Game 1 DRAW

Game 2 DRAW

Game 3 WGAF

Game 4 AWAY :wink:

image.png.313abf784c347b07a94da0ce1ae0f5b7.png

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

To elaborate on that a wee bit, here are the fixtures in full.

My preference..................

Game 1 DRAW

Game 2 DRAW

Game 3 WGAF

Game 4 AWAY :wink:

image.png.313abf784c347b07a94da0ce1ae0f5b7.png

Having worked in Dingwall a good few years back i am a wee bit sentimental in their survival.... United have no excuse....start of season....Ross....big signings.. Europe...possible talk of challenging Hearts...

#all Saints fans take note on what is a clusterfeck of a season#

.... .lose 7 nil then 9 nil...Ross sacked...  then Fox precedes over 12 defeats and a home cup exit.... plays a 35 yr old upfront on his own and does feck all in Jan window..... whilst celebrating the 40th ani of winning league ...and debt written off... lost last 5 games ...have no goalkeeper of any merit... and if you thought Dons were in meltdown Utd win prize..

So nice to look down on all this chaos....

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Having worked in Dingwall a good few years back i am a wee bit sentimental in their survival.... United have no excuse....start of season....Ross....big signings.. Europe...possible talk of challenging Hearts...

#all Saints fans take note on what is a clusterfeck of a season#

.... .lose 7 nil then 9 nil...Ross sacked...  then Fox precedes over 12 defeats and a home cup exit.... plays a 35 yr old upfront on his own and does feck all in Jan window..... whilst celebrating the 40th ani of winning league ...and debt written off... lost last 5 games ...have no goalkeeper of any merit... and if you thought Dons were in meltdown Utd win prize..

So nice to look down on all this chaos....

It is indeed, the trick now is to not get complacent and believe we should be at these dizzy heights without putting in the work and resources to stay there like some other clubs may have done!

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

It is indeed, the trick now is to not get complacent and believe we should be at these dizzy heights without putting in the work and resources to stay there like some other clubs may have done!

On budget and the fact we dont play on plastic...finish strong and i reckon SR should be a nominee for Manager of the Season

On 2/16/2023 at 5:59 PM, Ronnie said:

Honestly think it will come down to ourselves and Aberdeen for the last place on the last day and after Goodwin & the most recent match up there whatever one loses out should expect alot of backlash on social media.
If Aberdeen pipped us think I would stay off it for a while I've slated their fans, team and manager all season.

Really, who cares about social media backlashes?  Is it really a "thing"

On 2/16/2023 at 9:32 AM, Ronnie said:

Now that our game in hand is out way and 10 from 12 have now played 25 thought I would post the fixtures for the 4 teams looking for the last 3 top 6 spaces.

St Mirren - Home -

Ross County,Celtic,Livingston,Kilmarnock

Away - St Johnstone,D Utd,Rangers & Hearts

Aberdeen - Home - Livingston,Hearts,Kilmarnock & Rangers

Away - Celtic,D Utd,St J & Ross County

Hibs - Home -

Kilmarnock,Rangers, Motherwell & Hearts

Away - Livingston,Celtic, D Utd & St Johnstone

Livingston - Home -

Rangers,Hibs,D Utd,St Johnstone & Ross County

Away - Aberdeen, St Mirren, Motherwell & D Utd.

Going by the fact they have a game in hand, are already top of the 4 team table and also have no games v Celtic or Hearts in this run I would say Livingston can only really throw away a top 6 place.

That leaves St Mirren,Hibs and Aberdeen for 2 places.

Looking at our away fixtures and our form away I can see a maximum of 4 points and that's being extra kind our home matches however we really need 8+ points to have any chance of top 6.

It's impossible to predict Hibs and Aberdeen results both have Rangers, Celtic and Hearts same as us so realistically they only really have 5 games for maximum points.

Last matches pre-split

St Mirren v Kilmarnock

St Johnstone v Hibs

Aberdeen v Rangers

Dundee Utd v Livingston.

Aberdeen v Rangers will be live on Sky Sports and I'm hoping it is Saturday lunchtime so we know by 3 o'clock what we need v Kilmarnock to get top 6.

We should always be looking to beat Livingston at home and that will be a big counter if we do.  Saturday's game in Perth can be a win if we are organised and resilient.  I'd like to see Flynn start as we need experience to counter two of the trickiest forwards in the league but I would hope to start to see some payback from Watt and I think Small has the qualities to really trouble them.  If we had ambition then Nicky Clark and Stevie May would be exactly the kind of players we should be trying to get and Clark always seem to give us a hard time.

Dare I say it, we are due to give Hearts a decent doing given how tight and contentious the recent games against them have been.  The chance of turning those odious shits over twice before the end of the season should be motivation enough for the players.

Draws against the old shits are also possible, if unlikely.  Saturday teatime will hopefully be jolly time for the buddies.

Update as of 25/02.

March Fixtures -
Livingston v Hibs
Dundee Utd v Aberdeen
St Mirren v Celtic

Livingston v Dundee Utd
Hibs v Rangers

Celtic v Hibs
Aberdeen v Hearts
Dundee Utd v St Mirren
Livingston v Ross County

Like I said in my original post still think Livingston are in best place but like someone said previously games in hand aren't guaranteed points on board.

Think Dundee Utd will sack fox and with their next 3 games against Top 6 seeking teams someone will have to face the new/no manager bounce[emoji23].

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Update as of 25/02.

March Fixtures -
Livingston v Hibs
Dundee Utd v Aberdeen
St Mirren v Celtic

Livingston v Dundee Utd
Hibs v Rangers

Celtic v Hibs
Aberdeen v Hearts
Dundee Utd v St Mirren
Livingston v Ross County

Like I said in my original post still think Livingston are in best place but like someone said previously games in hand aren't guaranteed points on board.

Think Dundee Utd will sack fox and with their next 3 games against Top 6 seeking teams someone will have to face the new/no manager bounceemoji23.png.

Remember Livi lost 3 nil to Caley ...lost last 3 games.... County will get a huge bounce today..

Agree Fox is toast but who comes in ? 

Still think we will squeak it with players back

Update as of 05/03

When I started this thread Livingston were in pole position top of the 4 team battle, with a game in hand and only 1 of top 3 to play in their 8 game run to split.

Fast forward a few weeks and Hibs are in that position now, their game in hand is this week and is home to Rangers which there is every possibility they could win a Rangers Hearts away performance is required for us please.

Livingston also play this week v Dundee Utd now we know Goodwin teams very rarely win at Livingston but their performance v Aberdeen was best in months lets hope they don't do a Motherwell and turn things around as next match after Wednesday is at home to us.

Livingston look a little down and out at the minute but we know them and that probably won't last forever.

We really have to look at 7 points from 9 for the games v Utd, Livingston and Kilmarnock and hope for something from Hearts and Rangers away.

Fixtures to end of March -
Hibs v Rangers
Livingston v Dundee Utd

18th March -
Celtic v Hibs
Aberdeen v Hearts
Dundee Utd v St Mirren
Livingston v Ross County.

Yep it’s not looking great, a bad round of games for us this weekend. Hopefully United do us a favour mid week and beat Livi. If Livi win we will fall out the top six and we won’t have a game in hand on anyone above us. 
We will certainly need at least two wins from our remaining five games. Given the fact two of them are at Ibrox and Tynecastle it’s realistically two wins from three games against Livi, Killie and United.

Yep it’s not looking great, a bad round of games for us this weekend. Hopefully United do us a favour mid week and beat Livi. If Livi win we will fall out the top six and we won’t have a game in hand on anyone above us. 
We will certainly need at least two wins from our remaining five games. Given the fact two of them are at Ibrox and Tynecastle it’s realistically two wins from three games against Livi, Killie and United.

On the original post when there was 8 games left(Livingston had 9 to play) all the other 3 teams apart from Livingston play the top 3 so us Aberdeen and Hibs all in same boat where only the "other" matches have full points potential but like you say we could start this 5 game run from 18th of March bottom of the 4 if Livingston win on Wednesday (which if they Utd then play us next & without a win for months so you know what happens next).

I read someone's comment on here recently that 4 teams this season went weeks without a win until they played us.

Think the way Hearts and Rangers fans are talking of their teams performances they will possibly lose at least one match before split we just have to hope it's not v Hibs or Aberdeen.