Aberdeen v Hearts
Dundee Utd v St Mirren
Livingston v Ross County

League table -
Hibs 40
Aberdeen 38
St Mirren 37
Livingston 36

Let's presume Hibs lose to Celtic and Aberdeen, St Mirren and Livingston win the league table will look like this -
Aberdeen 41
Hibs 40
St Mirren 40
Livingston 39.

The Utd match isn't a must win but definitely a must not lose, our next match after Utd is Livingston who are on their worst run of season and wouldn't it be typical to play United then Livingston when both are on a long winless run as we have played 4 teams on such runs this season and lost all 4.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

IMO the Dundee United fixture is a must-win if we have any hope of staying in the top-six. As are our fixtures against Livingston and Killie. I don't expect any points from the other two fixtures. 
I still hold out hope that we can grab something from Tynecastle like when we won at Hibs for first time in years last season a win there seemed to be coming for a while.

Hearts matches seem to be going same way play well deserve probably more just can't get that elusive win.

Obviously if we go into Hearts match on back of no wins v Utd and Livingston that will make a big difference to how this match pans out.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Yeah good result last night for us - would have been better for us if they lost obviously - but it's still a good result.

If we mirror our results in the reverse fixtures from earlier in the season, that will be enough for top six IMO. 

Dundee Utd 0-3 St Mirren

St Mirren 2-1 Livingston

Rangers 4-0 St Mirren

Hearts 1-0 St Mirren

St Mirren 0-0 Killie

Easy, right?

Edited by TopCat

• 4 weeks later...

Update as of 1st April -

Aberdeen 44
St Mirren 41
Hibs 40
Livingston 39

Aberdeen have secured top 6 now but I've still included them.

Last 3 sets of fixtures are -
D Utd v Hibs
Motherwell v Livingston
Aberdeen v Kilmarnock
Hearts v St Mirren

Hibs v Hearts
Livingston v St Johnstone
Ross County v Aberdeen
Rangers v St Mirren

St Johnstone v Hibs
D Utd v Livingston
Aberdeen v Rangers
St Mirren v Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock s victory has shook up bottom of the table hopefully Mr Goodwin gets a Utd victory v Livingston or Hibs preferably both.

I'm thinking Livingston going by recent form might only get one more victory so 1 more point might actually be enough for us to get top 6 on goal difference from them.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

And the current, they don't have a clue what they're talking about award is a tie. [emoji1787]

TBH I think we are the most likely of the four teams to miss out. We are in awful form, the squad has been decimated with injury and a poor January transfer window. Thankfully Aberdeen are at Parkhead on Saturday, so a win against County should give us a nice cushion over them. Let's hope we can do it. 

To think, that's not even your worst post or predictions.

We won't get any more than 5 points from those 8 games.

Currently got 11 points with 2 games in hand. [emoji1787]

6 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

And the current, they don't have a clue what they're talking about award is a tie. emoji1787.png

To think, that's not even your worst post or predictions.

Currently got 11 points with 2 games in hand. emoji1787.png

The first one's prediction because he doesn't like the manager, the second one because he's stupid, what a pair. :lol:

Top 6 pretty much secured imo but looking like it will be secured by this weekend with a game to spare which is so unlike St Mirren.

You can't see Hibs or Livingston winning both matches on their current form.

Top 6 pretty much secured imo but looking like it will be secured by this weekend with a game to spare which is so unlike St Mirren.

FFS ssssshhhhhhhhh it's St Mirren we're talking about here. [emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]

40 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Dilemma now.  Do we want Hearts to win knowing by the time we kick off we are in top 6 or Hibs to win to keep hearts close? 

Or a draw that would keep us 3 ahead of Hibs with the Killie game to come. 

13 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Dilemma now.  Do we want Hearts to win knowing by the time we kick off we are in top 6 or Hibs to win to keep hearts close? 

f**k it I decided I want a Hibs win and when we beat Rangers we go top 4! 

50 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

I would want Hearts to win to guarantee a top 6. Since 5th in the league could give us european football, the bigger the gap we get between Hibs/ Livy the better our chances.  

59 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

That's Neilson sacked, slightly changes the dynamic. For the record B365 have us at 1/33 to make the top 6.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

We are their now. Superb season. The Killie games going to be like a cup final. What a season, what a team, what a gaffer, what a great support. Done our wee town proud. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

I would want Hearts to win to guarantee a top 6. Since 5th in the league could give us european football, the bigger the gap we get between Hibs/ Livy the better our chances.  

A draw with Hibs v Hearts and a draw in the Livi v Sainteeees game will secure us top 6 but also keeps Hearts close.

12 hours ago, munoz said:

A draw with Hibs v Hearts and a draw in the Livi v Sainteeees game will secure us top 6 but also keeps Hearts close.

If Livi don't win the Edinburgh game doesn't matter so, in that instance, a Hibs win would be the best outcome 

16 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Draw all day long. We won’t Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen to lose as many points as possible at this stage. 

third is the target now, not top six. 

Edinburgh derby will be interesting, Hearts with an interim manager and the Hibs manager calling out his players publicly looks to me like a draw the most probable result.
A draw the best result for us imo

On 3/8/2023 at 10:14 PM, Wilbur said:

IMO the Dundee United fixture is a must-win if we have any hope of staying in the top-six. As are our fixtures against Livingston and Killie. I don't expect any points from the other two fixtures. 

Delighted to have been proved wrong in that final sentence. 

:D

• 2 weeks later...

WELL WE ONLY GONE AND FUC***G DID IT.

Rodger Hannah said on Radio Clyde they did it the St Mirren way (is he a secret St Mirren fan that knows the way we operate in matches like this???)

The achievement cannot be underestimated the 5 biggest clubs in Scotland in terms of everything(Stadiums, to city status to finances, to budgets all well above our level) got top 6 and wee diddy St Mirren joined them.

The next 5 games could be another 5 match rollercoaster it might be (like other diddy teams that made top 6) and be 5 defeats but if it is that can't take away from what Robinson said it went from a good season to a great season getting European Football would make it an amazing season.