St Johnstone v St Mirren, 25/2/23

faraway saint

13 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Hard ‘ol game coming up .

Their home form has been as abysmal as our away form .

I’d be happy to come away with a point - be interesting to see who we have fit .  Bloody typical that Stevie May finds his scoring boots the week before we play them. 🙄

May is out of contract at the end of the season so he will be shit again next season i reckon unless he only gets a 1 yr deal  😜

On 2/19/2023 at 7:58 AM, faraway saint said:

Just look at the "home" table, fortress Paisley.

Season ticket holders getting their money's worth, although, going by some of the posts on here, still not happy. :wacko:

image.png.62cd22f2453754bae4215691dc4ed6fd.png

Its double the wins we had last season and 9 more points so far..... remember we still need another 6 pts to avoid relegation 😉

This is a hugely important game for us if we're serious about a top-six finish. Three points on Saturday will have us 9 points clear of St Johnstone with only 6 games each remaining before the split, pretty much knocking them out of contention. We would then have to finish above only one from Hibs, Aberdeen or Livingston after 33 games to guarantee top-six. Surely thats achievable ??
Like I said on my post about top 6 spots think St Johnstone already have too big a gap to get top 6 as they have to overtake two teams not just one.

This imo isn't a must win just a must not lose if we can get a draw or win it sets us up nicely for match v Celtic which we know we can win.

A full home end would be amazing for this match get the players right up for it.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

With 7 games left before the split we've already reached our points total of last years split 36 points 

Last year 40 points made the top 6 

Dont think 40 will make top 6 this year with 4 teams at or below one point per game... i reckon 42 should get us there...2 more wins 

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
Still want Livi and Killie down due to pitches.... we have VAR but still do plastic ?

Someone mentioned recently that Kilmarnock were planning to rip it up and replace with grass. Don't know if there's any truth in it or who it was that posted.

Think thats more do with smoking than playing

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

With 7 games left before the split we've already reached our points total of last years split 36 points 

Last year 40 points made the top 6 

Alternatively. We amassed 41 points one year and ended second bottom. That was unusual but I believe that will be the sort of margin this year as there really isn't much between most of the sides in the league.

41 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Alternatively. We amassed 41 points one year and ended second bottom. That was unusual but I believe that will be the sort of margin this year as there really isn't much between most of the sides in the league.

Noone in bottom 3 will get to 38 points...  still my money on Killie for last... based on their away form... County could not beat our weakened team and United have just messed it up..  think Well have turned corner... Fakes and Dons be ok...  its unreal Utd have self imploded and have a massive wage bill...nice to be commenting on other teams for a change... 

On 2/19/2023 at 6:42 PM, Wilbur said:

Why should we be happy, we've only seen 26 goals this season, fewer than 2 per game - the lowest in the Premiership. Aberdeen fans have seen 44, almost 3.5 per game. Hearts 51, almost 4 per game.

We're not being entertained - I'll be going to the pictures instead next season !!

B)

You won't see many goals at the pictures 😜

I'm in two minds about going to this match.  I haven't been to an Away match since versus Aberdeen on the 6th of August but I've got a free weekend.

McDiarmid Park isn't one of my favourite Away grounds to be honest.  I recall the crowd chanting "Subbuteo! Subbuteo!" at McDiarmid Park once.  I can't remember much else about the game though.

39 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

You won't see many goals at the pictures 😜

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So you've never seen Escape To Victory then ?

:P

There should be a thread dedicated to movies about football.  The "Goal" trilogy, "Escape To Victory" and "A Shot At Glory" are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.  I don't think "fitbaw" translates well on the "silver screen".

41 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

There should be a thread dedicated to movies about football.  The "Goal" trilogy, "Escape To Victory" and "A Shot At Glory" are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.  I don't think "fitbaw" translates well on the "silver screen".

Gregorys Girl ?

17 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

This thread is absolutely jumping. Is no one interested in this game?

1-2 to the Buds. 

Biggest game of the season to date. A win and the Fermers won't be catching us. 

Got a feeling Tony Watt might be breaking his duck for us tomorrow.  

Any win will do please.