St Johnstone v St Mirren, 25/2/23

faraway saint

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

In terms of top 6 ambitions, 1-1 is a better result for us than it is for St Johnstone. Certainly not a disaster. 

likely there’s three spaces up for grabs between Aberdeen, Livi, Hibs & us. Against 10 men for a full half, that was a chance blown to put some distance above Livi & keep the gap on Aberdeen. 

With Aberdeen winning, it’s not looking the best now with Hibs/ Livi game in hand.

Just now, Sue Denim said:

Deary me 😂

we’ve scored from the long throw this season in case you’d forgotten 

Its the threat of a long throw which creates the space for a short throw that gets a cross it

but when you score from that trick then the opposition get wise

you really haven’t got a clue what you’re watching 😂🤡 

You really get so triggered when I post don’t you? 😂

We sure have scored from a long throw… we scored TODAY against ST JOHNSTONE from the short throw. Ouch. 
The opposition got wise to the short throw eh? That’ll be why we went on to have so many successful long throws this afternoon.  😂😂

New day, same utter garbage from you. 

likely there’s three spaces up for grabs between Aberdeen, Livi, Hibs & us. Against 10 men for a full half, that was a chance blown to put some distance above Livi & keep the gap on Aberdeen. 

With Aberdeen winning, it’s not looking the best now with Hibs/ Livi game in hand.
Their games in hand are Livi v Utd and Hibs v Rangers both on same night 8th March.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I wouldn’t count Saintees out of top 6 contention just yet. 

Like I wrote in my top 6 post think St Johnstone can't make top 6 as they have two teams to overtake not only one and while not impossible it's improbable (as if Livingston and Aberdeen won 2 matches before split St Johnstone would most likely have to win 4 in 6 to overtake them).

Just in case you are right though I looked at their fixtures up until the split 3 of their 6 games are against Hibs, Aberdeen and Livingston so they will have a say on top 6 either way.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Don't think we will ever be a team that will score many goals due to the lack of a winger to get to the bye-line. 

Putting in crosses from 30 yards out is pointless. 

How many games is that now we have blown the chance of getting up to 4th in the league.

I just don't think we will make the top 6 purely because of the lack of goal threat in the team.

Edited by Tommy

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I agree to a certain extent but, like a few games this season, we'd have lost today in previous seasons.

Agree that we’ve showed character to grind out some of the points that we’ve earned. Killie away springs to mind and we could have ended up losing today. 

We’ve now got the most draws in the league (7) and time will tell if those points are vital or not enough when it comes down to the split. 

Brophy scored a brace. The commentators were raving about him on the BBC, suggesting he should get MOTM. He was subbed, though, which I thought a bit strange. 

It made me wonder why he's hit form up there? But given his reputed wages, I think it was probably good to send him out on loan.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Hope you’re right, worries me our last six games includes matches against all of the top three & two of our main competition, have games in hand. 

Edited by bazil85

18 minutes ago, W6er said:

Brophy scored a brace. The commentators were raving about him on the BBC, suggesting he should get MOTM. He was subbed, though, which I thought a bit strange. 

It made me wonder why he's hit form up there? But given his reputed wages, I think it was probably good to send him out on loan.

Malky Mackay was saying that they have to monitor how many minutes he plays carefully because he’s played so little in the last 6 months. If Brophy continues to do well he is still our player for next season, which is at least some comfort. 

Thought he was unlucky not to get more minutes when he came back from injury. He changed the game for us when he came on against Livvy (away), even if he should’ve squared to Main for the winner. 
He then got a start against Killie but was sacrificed when Ethan got his red early doors. If we knew what lay ahead with Ayunga and  Greive he would still be here, even if he is on a fair wedge. 
He obviously had a massive impact for County today, so fingers crossed that we see Watt doing something similar in the next couple of months. 

Just back from game 

A very hard watch feel sorry for main and watt upfront it's a total graveyard shift for them no service all day. 

Why can't we play a bit of football instead of long ball after long ball that most of the time we get f**k all from we never seem to learn. 

O'Hara was shite again no dig or urgency in middle of park and it was very pedestrian from most  of the team tbh.

St.johnstone were there for the beating today they are shite. 

Hopefully play a bit of football next week because if we play like we have done today we will get our pants pulled down.