St Johnstone v St Mirren, 25/2/23

faraway saint

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

It’s weird, it’s not as if he’s in the stand, he’s featuring regularly from the bench. He came on yesterday and saved a point for us with a tremendous cross worthy of any winger in the league.  He just won’t start him. 

That's the point, it isn't as if Robinson won't use Joe, for some reason he just doesn't fancy him ahead of Gogic, does he think we have an issue with too many left sided players in the back line if Joe and Dunne both play?

54 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Joe should be starting if only for his throw in which is better than most of our crosses.

Joes cross for the goal was perfect He’d always be in my team He’s good at stopping goals,creating goals and even scoring the occasional goal

10 hours ago, TopCat said:

It’s weird, it’s not as if he’s in the stand, he’s featuring regularly from the bench. He came on yesterday and saved a point for us with a tremendous cross worthy of any winger in the league.  He just won’t start him. 

I wonder if he has a clause in his contract that if he starts a certain number of games it triggers another years contract... Just a thought, but i know a lot of players who have this in there contract's.

17 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

I wonder if he has a clause in his contract that if he starts a certain number of games it triggers another years contract... Just a thought, but i know a lot of players who have this in there contract's.

I had considered that possibility, but thought that these sort of contracts were based on appearances, rather than starts.

A decent performance in spots but we paid for our profligacy. Of course when the Fakes score then you fear the worst.

We did well to get that goal.

I thought it was a red when I was there but definitely wasn’t.  It looked terrible and painful for Flynn on the box.

Draws are great but we won’t get top 6 with them!

On 2/27/2023 at 1:18 PM, Saint@Johnstone said:

Watched those highlights, and whilst i thought we would lose the match originally, to fail yet again to see off a lower ranked team with a man short for half the game is pathetic. Then again, when you play without any goal scorers it’s no surprise. As for the next match, one shudders at the potential outcome. 😬

Celtic should win .. talented squad...100m turnover  ...great coach... but last team...only team to beat them....Saints.... would take a point ...  

Read this on Facebook. Thought it quite apt [emoji849]

Anyone know if Bernard Bruce is still open?
Think my telly's f**ked, says we're 5th and 5 points off 3rd and cunts are still moaning.

[emoji1787]
A, Yes, Bernie Bruce is still open

B. Think a lot of people moaning as you put it, about the style of play and poor tactics. Style of play is tedious. Just a constant hoof up the park. Motherwell was one of the worse displays I've seen in a long while. But to be were we are in the league is good news, and if we make the top 6 we'll be delighted.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk