FORFUXSAKE REFEREE

While watching the Saints over the years, what decision by Match Officials still makes your blood boil ? One you will never forget or forgive. 

Also, any decision by Match Officials outwith St Mirren matches which you thought were a huge mistake and grossly unfair.

A ditty sung many times in the past to the likes of  McGinlay,  Foote , McClusky, Valentine, etc.

THE REFEREE IS ILLEGITIMATE

THE REFEREE'S A BASTURT.

The decision and tie that has always stuck in my mind was the Scottish Cup Quarter Final replay against Hearts in 2012. We were 1-0 down and Hasslebaink headed home our equaliser. However, the referee gave us a penalty instead, which Graham Carey missed. We'd go on to lose 2-0.

What made it stick in the craw even more was that Craig Beattie had agreed to sign for us but Hearts had offered him more money, so he went to them instead. He scored one of their goals in the first tie at Tynecastle that led to the replay in the first place and would go on to score the winner in the semi final too. Of course they were financially doped up to their eye balls at this point and were spending dirty Lithuanian money they didn't have. They'd go on to win the Scottish Cup, beating Hibs 5-1 in the final. Still bitter? You betcha!

Thankfully we kind of got our revenge the next season, by beating them in the league cup final.

John Beaton's attempts in the relegation/promotion playoff second leg to see us away.

He a failure to end award a foul on Duckens Nazon when through on goal and wiped out by Connolly who was already on a booking and should have 100% walked and then soon afterwards sending off Nazon (who granted was shite but was totally bamboozling Utd) for jumping for the ball with a straight arm and catching the Utd player with his sleeve.

Never forgiven and ever since, his presence in St. Mirren matches is synonymous with us getting f**k-all. An incompetent buffoon of a man.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

John Beaton's attempts in the relegation/promotion playoff second leg to see us away.

He a failure to end award a foul on Duckens Nazon when through on goal and wiped out by Connolly who was already on a booking and should have 100% walked and then soon afterwards sending off Nazon (who granted was shite but was totally bamboozling Utd) for jumping for the ball with a straight arm and catching the Utd player with his sleeve.

Never forgiven and ever since, his presence in St. Mirren matches is synonymous with us getting f**k-all. An incompetent buffoon of a man.

I got a row off a barman in Menorca for my loud comments about his ability  (or lack of it)  😷

Nothing said by the barman to the Sunderland supporters, who had watch them lose to a last min goal in a Wembley playoff while managed by J Ross.

1983 Cup Semi Replay, oh aye.

Major one for me was Scottish Cup at Fir Park in 1977. The referee gave a penalty to Motherwell after an outrageous cheating dive from that cnut Vic Davidson. The wee runt actually exaggerated the twist he made while in mid air. FECKEM.

Thousands more deplorable ref decisions over the decades. All against Celtic, Deceased FC 1873-2012 and latterly Sevco. Involving penalties,free kicks, throwins, corners, etc.

They got the fecking lot and two of them still do .

Without doubt of the many i have seen over the years this game has the most....  Colin Jackson's assault on Lex Richardson as he was about to tap the ball in the empty net no penalty 1981 league cup semi final 2nd leg at Castle Greyskull,  One of many shocking decisions in this game, Good goal chopped off and watch out for the attempted murder of Frank McAvennie by the Goalkeeper not even a booking  I'm surprised the ref didn't book Frank for simulation 

The Highlights are on Youtube a full 23 minutes shull if you want to stick them up, 

Saints were brilliant in the game and should have 3-0 up and on the way to the final........  cheated 

55 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Without doubt of the many i have seen over the years this game has the most....  Colin Jackson's assault on Lex Richardson as he was about to tap the ball in the empty net no penalty 1981 league cup semi final 2nd leg at Castle Greyskull,  One of many shocking decisions in this game, Good goal chopped off and watch out for the attempted murder of Frank McAvennie by the Goalkeeper not even a booking  I'm surprised the ref didn't book Frank for simulation 

The Highlights are on Youtube a full 23 minutes shull if you want to stick them up, 

Saints were brilliant in the game and should have 3-0 up and on the way to the final........  cheated 

George Smith, another cheating cnut.

15 hours ago, shull said:

Thousands more deplorable ref decisions over the decades. All against Celtic, Deceased FC 1873-2012 and latterly Sevco. Involving penalties,free kicks, throwins, corners, etc.

They got the fecking lot and two of them still do .

Artur Boruc almost taking Craig Dargo's head off his shoulders in one of the last meetings with Celtic at Love St. springs immediately to mind.

As does Nakamura blatantly cheating to win himself a free kick that he then put away.

8 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

There was discussion about this over on P&B a couple of weeks back. The goal that was chalked off for offside was because there was a Saints player standing near the line. There was a Rangers player on the goal line but the keeper had rushed out ahead of the Saints player just before it. In today's game that's never given as an offisde as the man on the line wasn't interfering with play but back then it was off. The linesman was tripping over himself with joy to be able to stick his flag up though, he's even giving it the wee strut. 

For the other high-profile example of this is in the 1987 SC Final when (I think) Kevin Gallacher scored just before we did but Utd's Iain Ferguson was standing on the goal-line and the goal was disallowed. In modern football it would have stood and we'd have been a goal down in Extra Time.

The penalty incident in that 1981 LC Semi was absolutely f**king criminal though.

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There was discussion about this over on P&B a couple of weeks back. The goal that was chalked off for offside was because there was a Saints player standing near the line. There was a Rangers player on the goal line but the keeper had rushed out ahead of the Saints player just before it. In today's game that's never given as an offisde as the man on the line wasn't interfering with play but back then it was off. The linesman was tripping over himself with joy to be able to stick his flag up though, he's even giving it the wee strut. 

For the other high-profile example of this is in the 1987 SC Final when (I think) Kevin Gallacher scored just before we did but Utd's Iain Ferguson was standing on the goal-line and the goal was disallowed. In modern football it would have stood and we'd have been a goal down in Extra Time.

The penalty incident in that 1981 LC Semi was absolutely f**king criminal though.

I remember the uproar from English Football after the 1975 European cup final Peter Lorimer scored a screamer from 30 yards that was chopped off for offside because a Leeds player was standing offside not interfering with play that they changed the rule soon after. I could be wrong of course but that goal was the start of the campaign to have that rule changed 

As you say....  Loved the way the Linesman turned to his adoring fans to receive the praise... Offside   :lol: 

On 3/2/2023 at 10:53 AM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No contest. McGinlay. Scottish Cup semi vs Rangers. 

Without doubt , Rangers were a really poor outfit at that time and we played them off the park  , but the longer it went without us converting a chance the more we were handing it to McGinlay to do the dirty on us , which he did. I remember hearing a recording of the radio commentary and even they were baffled at the decision. I hoped I would, one day, get a chance to tell BM that he had cheated us , and at Glasgow Airport in 2006 I got that chance, and he didn't attempt to deny it !

Eddie Smith. 

Celtic-supporting referee and brother-in-law of Phil O'Donnell. Awarded Celtic a direct free kick 20 yards out when the Celtic player (Nakamura ?) had blatantly been the offender. The Japanese player scored from the resultant kick and we were robbed 0-1.

Smith was 100% a cheat that should never have been allowed to referee another football match. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Eddie Smith. 

Celtic-supporting referee and brother-in-law of Phil O'Donnell. Awarded Celtic a direct free kick 20 yards out when the Celtic player (Nakamura ?) had blatantly been the offender. The Japanese player scored from the resultant kick and we were robbed 0-1.

Smith was 100% a cheat that should never have been allowed to referee another football match. 

'Match commander at Parkhead' Eddie Smith also sent off Will Haining at Parkhead for actually being fouled by Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and awarded a penalty to Celtic. They scored and we lost 1-0 in a game that we were comfortably the better side. 

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

'Match commander at Parkhead' Eddie Smith also sent off Will Haining at Parkhead for actually being fouled by Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and awarded a penalty to Celtic. They scored and we lost 1-0 in a game that we were comfortably the better side. 

Yip was going to post this one too... but couldn't be bothered looking up how to spell his name  :rolleyes:                                                              ⬆️                                                                            

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Eddie Smith. 

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Celtic+V+St.mirren+2008&client=safari&hl=en-gb&biw=1123&bih=729&tbm=vid&ei=-BEDZICuEYPE8gL1lp-oCQ&ved=0ahUKEwiAisvH_cH9AhUDolwKHXXLB5UQ4dUDCAw&uact=5&oq=Celtic+V+St.mirren+2008&gs_lcp=Cg1nd3Mtd2l6LXZpZGVvEAMyBQgAEKIEMgUIABCiBDIFCAAQogQyBwgAEB4QogQ6BQgAEJECOggIABCxAxCRAjoGCAAQBxAeOggIABAHEB4QCjoGCAAQHhANOggIIRCgARDDBDoKCCEQoAEQwwQQClDHCFjLW2DVX2gAcAB4AYABnwGIAY0akgEENDEuMpgBAKABAcABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz-video#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:7f4f89a5,vid:48P9V_GZxiM

On 3/3/2023 at 11:09 AM, djchapsticks said:

Artur Boruc almost taking Craig Dargo's head off his shoulders in one of the last meetings with Celtic at Love St. springs immediately to mind.

As does Nakamura blatantly cheating to win himself a free kick that he then put away.

I remember the Nakamura disgrace clearly. The silky cheat!

On 3/3/2023 at 2:16 AM, portmahomack saint said:

Without doubt of the many i have seen over the years this game has the most....  Colin Jackson's assault on Lex Richardson as he was about to tap the ball in the empty net no penalty 1981 league cup semi final 2nd leg at Castle Greyskull...

:rolleyes:

On 3/3/2023 at 11:17 AM, djchapsticks said:

Nah, Redford was offside when receiving the ball on the left wing.