Dundee utd v St Mirren, 18/3/23

Just watching the United v Aberdeen game, it's still quite early but they, United, are certainly looking a wee bit lively and the better side, although that's not saying much as Aberdeen are mince.

I'll be making the long 25 minute journey through for this game, no hospitality, just a free ticket, but I'll survive. :rolleyes:

THAT'S dedication. :thumbs2

Edited by faraway saint

Just watching the United v Aberdeen game, it's still quite early but they, United, are certainly looking a wee bit lively and the better side, although that's not saying much as Aberdeen are mince.
I'll be making the long 25 minute journey through for this game, no hospitality, just a free ticket, but I'll survive. :rolleyes:

Realistically of the 6 games left we are only looking at a maximum of 3 wins this is one of them. Utd is our favourite away ground so they must be overdue a victory up there against us.

Hopefully that means we are also overdue a win at Tynecastle[emoji6] on the 8th of April.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Realistically of the 6 games left we are only looking at a maximum of 3 wins this is one of them. Utd is our favourite away ground so they must be overdue a victory up there against us.

Hopefully that means we are also overdue a win at Tynecastleemoji6.png on the 8th of April.

We owe Hearts after drawing and losing to them when, IMO, we deserved to win & draw. 

We owe Hearts after drawing and losing to them when, IMO, we deserved to win & draw. 
Those points missed plus only 2 points from playing ten men twice against St Johnstone will be where we look if we fail to get top 6.

Hibs have won 11 games they said on TV today they have played 10 men in 7 of them.

Aberdeen too played 10 men numerous times but they seemed to go out way to even that up with the amount of red cards received since world cup.

Yeah big one this, wouldn't say it was must win, but if we don't win it just makes the Livi and Killie games must win. A win at Tannadice leaves us with some margin for error in the other two winnable games. United are the only team we have beaten on the road this season where the opponents didn't get a player sent off inside the first ten minutes. It's a ground we've had a lot of joy at recently, we've won our last three games there, including the famous 1-5. Could certainly do with another similar sized win to give the battered goal difference a bit of a boost. 

1-1

22 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

What utter nonsense, 3 points better off than this time last year, aye great season👊👊💦💦💦

Oh and worse off in both cup competitions. If we are being kind this season has been stagnation, so far.

On 3/4/2023 at 6:30 PM, faraway saint said:

My son started at Abertay Uni in September. 

The perfect excuse for a boys weekend in Dundee. Tickets sorted for me & my mates.

Got any recommendations for pubs etc for Friday & Saturday night?

Edited by Kombibuddie

21 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

The perfect excuse for a boys weekend in Dundee. Tickets sorted for me & my mates.

The Club Bar is defo worth a look It’s the closest pub to the railway station 🚂

4 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Hi mate, there's plenty in Dundee to keep you and your mates busy.

I'm sure your son will know many of the pubs on the Perth Road, frequented by students and decent prices.

Nearer the city centre, not sure where you'll be based, there's quite a few.

As @HSS mentioned, the Club Bar is decent, Old Banks bar is usually good with "mature" customers.

Trades House is also quite good, DrafFens has good cocktails and a wee bit further away is the Arctic bar, old fashioned, no frills but ok for a pint or two.

Enjoy. 

On 3/7/2023 at 6:40 PM, TopCat said:

No it hasn't been a shocker. Just fairly similar to last season, except we've done worse in both cups. 

I was being sarky.... well i am happy along with 17% increase at the gates...   we lost to Celtic and lost a game in early July .... i am sure the BOD are also happy... fannies forum has other ideas

10 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I was being sarky.... well i am happy along with 17% increase at the gates...   we lost to Celtic and lost a game in early July .... i am sure the BOD are also happy... fannies forum has other ideas

Yep. Like I said pretty similar league performance to the last two seasons. Just without the cup runs. 

My advice is don’t go to any pubs in Dundee

i won’t be taking that myself though 

ticket’s being purchased today for my son & son in law

the son in law is a United fan and will be in our section

any complaints should be submitted on the back of a 2nd class stamp land will be duly ignored

his dad might come though and you can do what you will with him

ive been lucky enough to see us win much more than lose up there over the years so looking forward to it

6 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

My advice is don’t go to any pubs in Dundee

i won’t be taking that myself though 

ticket’s being purchased today for my son & son in law

the son in law is a United fan and will be in our section

any complaints should be submitted on the back of a 2nd class stamp land will be duly ignored

his dad might come though and you can do what you will with him

ive been lucky enough to see us win much more than lose up there over the years so looking forward to it

:wacko:

27 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

With Dunne our, it fit, would like to see big Joe get the nod. The new fella is a bombscare. 

Will be watching but I think a draw is the most likely outcome. Maybe Watt will show something against his old club tomorrow? 

I think Taylor will start instead of Joe, sadly. He is terrible. 
The game isn’t tomorrow and as Watt is on loan he can’t play against his parent club. 
Apart from that great post 😉