Baccus

Most fouls committed in #cinchPrem this season so far:
1⃣ Keanu Baccus 🐼 - 58
2⃣ Curtis Main 🐼 - 55
3⃣ Joe Newell 🇳🇬 - 49
4⃣ Callum Slattery 🟠 - 4
 5⃣ Ylber Ramadani 🔴 - 45

Found that stat interesting, the most fouls out of any player in the league, just pipping his team mate. He hasn'tt even played every minute or anything, he's missed several games, impressive. I knew we were hammer throwers but having the top two in that table is almost admirable. 

4 hours ago, st jock said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Main was the main man mainly fouled against.

When a attacker and a defender are both fouling each other, defender tend to get the decision. Maybe if Main was to stop grabing the defender shirt he might get more decision for us. Fouls are no used to us anyway since we don't tend to punish teams a lot from them.

On 3/14/2023 at 3:49 PM, TopCat said:
Most fouls committed in #cinchPrem this season so far:
1⃣ Keanu Baccus 🐼 - 58
2⃣ Curtis Main 🐼 - 55
3⃣ Joe Newell 🇳🇬 - 49
4⃣ Callum Slattery 🟠 - 4
 5⃣ Ylber Ramadani 🔴 - 45

Found that stat interesting, the most fouls out of any player in the league, just pipping his team mate. He hasn'tt even played every minute or anything, he's missed several games, impressive. I knew we were hammer throwers but having the top two in that table is almost admirable. 

If it gets us a top-six spot, then I won't be complaining. Interesting stat, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I suppose the way I’d measure my view on Baccus is that down the years I’ve been gutted when certain players have inevitably left the club. I think Baccus is a more than decent player, but I honestly wouldn’t be devastated if he left. 

Aye, inconsistent, never outstanding but, at our previous level, would be an asset but we should be aiming higher.

I like Keanu and at his best is definitely an asset - he has been inconsistent, especially since the world cup - not sure how his pre season looks but a good rest should hopefully see him deliver positively next season - maybe the Gaffer/ club  have a plan to move him on if the money is right , let's just hope we don't make a pigs arse of that and determine before the season starts what is happening with his future .

I like Keanu and at his best is definitely an asset - he has been inconsistent, especially since the world cup - not sure how his pre season looks but a good rest should hopefully see him deliver positively next season - maybe the Gaffer/ club  have a plan to move him on if the money is right , let's just hope we don't make a pigs arse of that and determine before the season starts what is happening with his future .
Said this elsewhere, but Erhahon leaving diminished what Baccus offered to the team

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, madball said:

Said this elsewhere, but Erhahon leaving diminished what Baccus offered to the team

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

Great point.

Erhahon tended to be a holding midfielder that allowed Baccus more freedom. Gogic tends to be more active and Baccus needs to cover him

I’ve liked Baccus himself playing the holding role with Kiltie alongside him 

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Been watching Argentina v Australia. 
Baccus had had an excellent game.

Strain on for the last 20 too. 

In the last thirty years did you ever think you'd see two Saints players competing, for any international team, against the world champions at the same time. Our era, growing up 70's and early 80's was special but this isn't too far behind!!