St Mirren v Livingstone, 1/4/23

Club trying to set up as a top 6 club even with the financial constraints on us this year... i think its great to be miles away from a survival scrap that on budget we should be in....Livi also do exceed   but would they on grass . 

Well   County... even Thistle have all got there but never pushed on... plan is we do.... 

Going to game and it will be  like a cup game with 7000 Saints fans supporting...  

On 3/20/2023 at 7:30 PM, Hunterian said:

I don’t think that Robbo’s aspiration for top 6 is any different from my own as a fan.

Too many Manager’s have been toppled by fans lack of realism.

If he manages that then onto the next step.  The Cup comment is interesting. Danny won a cup but ultimately it was the League form that stopped him getting a new contract.

It was the cup form aswell actually. In the season after we won the cup we went out that same cup to second tier Queen of the South and then got papped out the Scottish early by Dundee Utd. If he had managed a cup run that season he may well have got a new contract. For a club like ours cup runs are a huge part of our season and our budget. We had been consistently making quarter finals - four out the last five including two semis - up until this season, where we made zero.

So far this season we have failed in the League Cup, failed in the Scottish Cup (with the caveat of an unlucky draw, but the added caveat of that home shocker against Dundee, where we got very lucky). Top six will certainly make the league campaign a success, let's hope we do it! 

19 minutes ago, TopCat said:

It was the cup form aswell actually. In the season after we won the cup we went out that same cup to second tier Queen of the South and then got papped out the Scottish early by Dundee Utd. If he had managed a cup run that season he may well have got a new contract. For a club like ours cup runs are a huge part of our season and our budget. We had been consistently making quarter finals - four out the last five including two semis - up until this season, where we made zero.

So far this season we have failed in the League Cup, failed in the Scottish Cup (with the caveat of an unlucky draw, but the added caveat of that home shocker against Dundee, where we got very lucky). Top six will certainly make the league campaign a success, let's hope we do it! 

I don’t think we’re too far apart in aspirations.  The Dundee game was terrible and the extra time just served up 30 more minutes of sub standard entertainment.

I for one thought Danny was harshly treated but I remember the year of the cup win we went on a slide which looked terminal for the top league position.

It does seem though that no matter the Manager we start to wind down around this time which is exactly the wrong time to do so. Perhaps a poor player mentality?  This is exactly what marks out the men from the boys. Pure psychology.

I fancy a 1-0 or 2-1, it's been a long time since I've fancied us in so many games, obviously more so at home. [emoji6]
This might have bigger say on outcome of the match than the players on the pitch. d3a831ea4a47730e7df2d861cf352c85.jpg

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

Aye, the usual pre match whining about the officials. 
I prefer to talk about them AFTER the game, if at all. 
I'm not whining, just pointing out that some officials influence the game more than the players last time out was a bit mental though Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, Hibs and Ross County were all in receiving end of bad/dodgy calls.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

On 3/28/2023 at 7:41 PM, HSS said:

I’m sure the W7 boys will be busy getting a banner made

Right across from where he will be running the line  😂

Hopefully all the international players have all returned fit and well for this game.