He Has An Announcement

It could be argued that he is a younger version of Gordon Scott who was given the opportunity to buy shares and be part of the board . This type of opportunity isn't as readily available now and it would seem Smisa would be the most sensible way to gain experience in running a football club and evidencing what he could bring  to the club .

Failing that he could get involved with a club in the fifth teir and do a really good job there and use the experience gained there to put him in a better position to convince others that he,s the right person to take St Mirren forward .

Good Luck to the guy . 

Nah, not having it at all.

For all SMISA is not perfect and is a bit of a shitshow, this is what it was set up for. To protect the club against fraudsters, wannabes and clout chasers.

This kid appears to be telling everyone he's rich and that in itself becomes his main source of income as people throw more money at him to learn his 'secret'.

This is also a publicity stunt for PR and clout that ultimately leads to him lining his own pockets.

Again, I'm not happy with the SMISA situation presently but when you see the number of Saints supporters on here who are willing to take him at face value and think he's genuine when he definitely doesn't pass the sniff test, I'm happy that SMISA is in place to prevent things like this going further than they have to.

https://www.reddit.com/r/glasgow/comments/yugbq0/beware_richard_dickson_dickson_ventures_is/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Worth bearing in mind that Reg Brealey was also a millionaire. 

Money and the pursuit of it does funny and really nasty things to some people.

Edited by djchapsticks

If Richard does want to buy up shares in St Mirren including individual minority shareholders then what’s the process and how much is he prepared to offer?

I bought shares in St Mirren in the 90s to assist with the financial crisis at the time. 

There are many legacy minority shareholders who may be in a similar situation who want to sell as they may not have anyone to leave the shares to.

I’m also now a “club owner” having been with SMISA from the very start circa 2002.

I have no doubt I have spent more on SMISA membership fees than what I paid for my original allocation. 

Those personal shares allow me to attend the club AGM, but frankly with the individuals on the board now I’d prefer never to attend those meetings while they are in situ.

I’m sure I could “reinvest” the money elsewhere now.

I would say that given the stability of the club compared to when I invested my shares must be worth at least 10 times what I parted with. 

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Oh aye !!

This smells like a Ponzi scheme !!

:rolleyes:

😂 

Well when I “invested” back in the 90s Saints were over £2M in debt with a crumbling stadium, no training facilities and languishing in the 1st division. 

We are now in a vastly different financial situation (circa £1M in cash at bank) with modern Elite class training facilities (allegedly) and challenging for a European place.

So surely Mr Dickson has to value the hard work that those personal investments made at a time when he was still in nursery.

6D62FC31-318F-4577-A133-A78AD0E53D0F.thumb.jpeg.5d2aadf82c7e2e9af479075554bda93b.jpeg

I don’t think Warren Buffett would sell shares in an investment Berkshire Hathaway made around 1998 for the same amount he bought them for if a company transforms as well as St Mirren FC Ltd has. 

😂 

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

😂

Well when I “invested” back in the 90s Saints were over £2M in debt with a crumbling stadium, no training facilities and languishing in the 1st division. 

6D62FC31-318F-4577-A133-A78AD0E53D0F.thumb.jpeg.5d2aadf82c7e2e9af479075554bda93b.jpeg

😂

Aye, me too. I think I own 150 shares bought back then but I've never considered those as an 'investment', more like a donation to help keep our beloved club afloat. I've never anticipated getting any financial return from that donation. 

16 hours ago, Maboza said:

Pretty sure he won the bid for the sock sponsorship at the last POTY dinner - yet we seem to have a company called ScotJet as sock sponsors. 

Could it be that this lad didn’t stump up the cash I wonder? 

ScotJet actually did win the auction on the night. 

43 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Aye, me too. I think I own 150 shares bought back then but I've never considered those as an 'investment', more like a donation to help keep our beloved club afloat. I've never anticipated getting any financial return from that donation. 

That was my logic at the time too. Still is in many ways.

But if a millionaire wants to buy them up then why deny him that opportunity as I’ve no one in my family interested in inheriting them when I’m gone.

Obviously a Saints fan. His desire to own part of the club would be limited to buying shares from minority shareholders which would prove very difficult and would not automatically entitle him to a seat on the board. Apart from that the board would need to approve the sale of shares to him and I don’t think they would.

I noticed that myself and some more of the walking football team appear in the background of the scenes filmed outside the SMISA stadium and I can confirm we were not asked to appear in the video and received no payment for our starring roles 😡

Edited by buddiecat

I’ve seen some people talk about stepping back from SMiSA now and I feel that’s short-sighted to withdraw pledges.” John Needham

Those pledges for many supporters were primarily made as part of the “Buy the Buds” campaign to secure fan ownership which has been achieved.

I don’t think he has the right to tell people how to spend their money when many local families are struggling to put food on the table, clothes their families and heat their homes given what’s occurred in the last few years.

As a business our football club should never ever be reliant on SMISA membership fees. 

As chairman he has overseen the largest loss for decades at our club down to poor fiscal management which he conveniently blamed on individuals no longer at the club. 

While that may be true it was very shortsighted of him not to provide leadership and governance to over those individuals when the club was spending £30K/week over budget. 

Never mind breaking even this season or next. How about recouping the losses.

We’ve got ideas and plans going forward and will look to work with SMiSA, and the local council in some cases, as we look to develop more income streams and get more projects off the ground.“ 

Let us hear about these projects then John.

I’m sure there may be people in the SMISA membership or season ticket holders who may be able to help. 

Many suggestions have been made at AGMs and public meetings by supporters but there has been apathy for so long by the club board that nothing happens.

St Johnstone for years generated an additional £1M revenue over what our club made by having a very successful commercial organisation. This was despite being in the same division and having smaller crowds.

44 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I’ve seen some people talk about stepping back from SMiSA now and I feel that’s short-sighted to withdraw pledges.” John Needham

Those pledges for many supporters were primarily made as part of the “Buy the Buds” campaign to secure fan ownership which has been achieved.

I don’t think he has the right to tell people how to spend their money when many local families are struggling to put food on the table, clothes their families and heat their homes given what’s occurred in the last few years.

As a business our football club should never ever be reliant on SMISA membership fees. 

As chairman he has overseen the largest loss for decades at our club down to poor fiscal management which he conveniently blamed on individuals no longer at the club. 

While that may be true it was very shortsighted of him not to provide leadership and governance to over those individuals when the club was spending £30K/week over budget. 

Never mind breaking even this season or next. How about recouping the losses.

Without the reliance on “membership fees “ (your term not mine) the club wouldn’t be (51%) owned by the supporters….there are a number of issues that require addressing but that has always been the case. I have reservations about how the club move forward but that’s been true for 54 years. 

2 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Without the reliance on “membership fees “ (your term not mine) the club wouldn’t be (51%) owned by the supporters….there are a number of issues that require addressing but that has always been the case. I have reservations about how the club move forward but that’s been true for 54 years. 

Ach, I'm happy to continue paying my £12 a month. It's the price of a couple of months.

24 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I was clearly talking about what is happening with the finances at the club and the issues the membership face today.
The “goal” of fan ownership that many fans signed up to as part of the “Buy the Buds” campaign has been achieved. 

Dearie me. Talk about missing the point.