Hearts v St Mirren, 8/4/23

21 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Great result. Given Hearts recent run l felt we had a good chance of a result, especially after last week’s performance, but a win was more than could be hoped for. Could not ask for more going into final two games before split

Exactly. A fantastic result at the business end. We out fought Hearts, it was as simple as that.  Main produces another crucial goal.

It's such a shame that all the focus will be on Hearts' implosion as that result was as much to do with our workrate and all round play. If you told me we would be 3 points away from third place at this stage of the season I''d have been searching you for the drugs.

What a fantastic result, I have no idea about the game and how it evolved, but that today has totally clarified our season. We are not guaranteed top 6 mathematically but no matter what, this has been a fantastic season. Today’s result has typified that. 
a big thank you to the manager for galvanising the fans and building such a great camaraderie in the team. 
historically when we hit bad spells we have folded, but this season we have risen above it all and the team, manager and fans have been a credit to the club and a breath of fresh air. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

4 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

What a fantastic result, I have no idea about the game and how it evolved, but that today has totally clarified our season. We are not guaranteed top 6 mathematically but no matter what, this has been a fantastic season. Today’s result has typified that. 
a big thank you to the manager for galvanising the fans and building such a great camaraderie in the team. 
historically when we hit bad spells we have folded, but this season we have risen above it all and the team, manager and fans have been a credit to the club and a breath of fresh air. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

100% this. 

Clap-clap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, elvis said:

Michael Stewart having a melt down on radio.

Even funnier is all the Jambo fans in meltdown.

OK they are on a bad run...

But they are still 4th (for now).

I wonder how much of the venting is due to the run... and how much is because it was Saints that put them to the sword.

They fair know how to hold a grudge! 😂😂😂

Even funnier is all the Jambo fans in meltdown.
OK they are on a bad run...
But they are still 4th (for now).
I wonder how much of the venting is due to the run... and how much is because it was Saints that put them to the sword.
They fair know how to hold a grudge! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
It's always our fault according to them. [emoji1787]

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Think what impressed me most was how comfy the victory was. 
Once we took the lead I never felt like we were likely to concede. 
For me it was one of those days when there were no fantastic performances but just lots of really solid performances. Massively impressive professional performance. 

Thats what I said to my mste earlier, not just a good result, a very comfortable victory. 👍

What a day! What a performance! Absolutely loved every minute of it.

We should be going all out to get 3rd place now. 3pts behind Aberdeen with 7 games to go. 

The prize for 3rd is huge. Guaranteed 5m and European football til Xmas. That would sort out our financial woes and some.

COYS

Edited by Prague Buddie

5 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

What a day! What a performance! Absolutely loved every minute of it.

We should be going all out to get 3rd place now. 3pts behind Aberdeen with 7 games to go. 

The prize for 3rd is huge. Guaranteed 5m and European football til Xmas. That would sort out our financial woes and some.

COYS

You got a spare room just in case :rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

You’d like to think so.

But no-one knows what “incentives” the players and management staff are on if we achieve that!

It would be just like St Mirren to manage to make a loss on such an achievement.

Surely not you’d like to think? 

One of the biggest financial mistakes ever made was by Portsmouth FC where the players and staff were on massive bonuses to get into Europe. And they did so by winning the 2008 FA cup. Probably the worst thing to happen to them.

Pompey suffered multiple administrations and plummeted to the bottom tier and only saved from liquidation by a fans group. 

Anyway let’s be positive!!!!

Let’s enjoy tonight and hopefully go on and achieve ideally 3rd place over the rest of the season.

Passports at the ready guys and gals! 

How great would that be?

Edited by Albanian Buddy

Honestly what the guys have achieved is truely amazing.... 44 points ...7 games to go.... so hoping United do us+ themselves  a favour... but even if they dont... 2 key games 5 nil and 6 pts just when it mattered....  SR and the team take a bow 👏👏

34 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

You’d like to think so.

But no-one knows what “incentives” the players and management staff are on if we achieve that!

It would be just like St Mirren to manage to make a loss on such an achievement.

Surely not you’d like to think? 

One of the biggest financial mistakes ever made was by Portsmouth FC where the players and staff were on massive bonuses to get into Europe. And they did so by winning the 2008 FA cup. Probably the worst thing to happen to them.

Pompey suffered multiple administrations and plummeted to the bottom tier and only saved from liquidation by a fans group. 

Jesus fecking wept. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint