St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL PREMIERSHIP 22/4/23

shull

On 4/20/2023 at 10:35 AM, Albanian Buddy said:

Whoever claimed it was a Kibble initiative? I’ve certainly never seen anything. 

From a post by Bazil in the AGM thread

"The main investment in the club is Ralston (which seems to have went to the dogs over the earlier years), improvements to the gym, office areas, parks that will benefit the training of the first team and the youth academy. There has been other stuff around the ground that's changed like the murals and pre-match entertainment returning"

Pre-match has been running & growing for years, lockdown and social-distance periods excepted.

16 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

"The main investment in the club is Ralston (which seems to have went to the dogs over the earlier years), improvements to the gym, office areas, parks that will benefit the training of the first team and the youth academy. There has been other stuff around the ground that's changed like the murals and pre-match entertainment returning"

Pre-match has been running & growing for years, lockdown and social-distance periods excepted.

Kibble has f*** all to do with the murals and pre match entertainment 

27 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

C'mon BoK, you know relying on Baz as your "in the know guy" is never going to end well ...... you've argued with him aplenty ovet the years :spud5😉

I have heard folk refer to Jim as a 'snake'. He's nothing of the sort, IMHO. He's a great bloke, as exemplified by the fact he stopped for your son, despite apparently being in a rush. Nobody can fault him for taking a job that pays a lot more, given he has a family to support. Who wouldn't do the same? I wish him success in the future.
The snake term was first used on Goodwin by his own team mates for his role in Lennon being replaced by Tommy Craig.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

Here's the FULL quote that BOK failed to quote where Bazil clearly wrote he didn't know what Kibble’s involvement was.

"The main investment in the club is Ralston (which seems to have went to the dogs over the earlier years), improvements to the gym, office areas, parks that will benefit the training of the first team and the youth academy. There has been other stuff around the ground that's changed like the murals and pre-match entertainment returning, Kibble's involvement in that, I don't know but I'm not one for separating the two regarding the operation of St Mirren. "

Heard the usual moaning from  those so called supporters  that never miss a final ,never buy st Mirren  merchandise    cos they have a lucky shirt they bought 20 years ago ,slag off the club cos it's never been good since Fergie.

Bugger off ,buy a season ticket !

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Here's the FULL quote that BOK failed to quote where Bazil clearly wrote he didn't know what Kibble’s involvement was.

"The main investment in the club is Ralston (which seems to have went to the dogs over the earlier years), improvements to the gym, office areas, parks that will benefit the training of the first team and the youth academy. There has been other stuff around the ground that's changed like the murals and pre-match entertainment returning, Kibble's involvement in that, I don't know but I'm not one for separating the two regarding the operation of St Mirren. "

Well, even that is not the full quote and in the full context of a conversation it was Baz who brought the entertainment (seemingly in very short supply today) up, before covering his arse by saying that it maybe wasn't down to Kibble but they are joint owners so they deserved credit.

I am not going looking for more on this

4 hours ago, W6er said:

I hope we've given them the entire stand, and not closed off the section close to the North Bank! In which case we're looking at 7,900+ tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, elvis said:

Ground only holds 7937

Well, if we've sold every available seat in a stadium that holds 7,937 people, then we'll be looking at 7,900+ tomorrow. :lol: 

37 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Well, if we've sold every available seat in a stadium that holds 7,937 people, then we'll be looking at 7,900+ tomorrow. :lol: 

I'm sure the ground used to hold just over 8,000? Most online resources state it's 8,023. Was that before the disabled section was put in in M1?

56 minutes ago, W6er said:

I'm sure the ground used to hold just over 8,000? Most online resources state it's 8,023. Was that before the disabled section was put in in M1?

Yeah, think we sacrificed just over 100 seats to make something like 12 spaces at elevated disabled viewing.

To be honest, I was very surprised when the stadium was opened that a sheltered viewing platform for our disabled supporters wasn't included in the original plans.

Maybe it would have meant Tesco having to give us more money as part of the original deal or something but in this day and age access for everyone surely has to get included in any modern building being erected.

Let's get this Nightshift over with to try and unsuccessfully go home to sleep after.

Absolutely buzzing for this game, normally everything St Mirren would lead to at one point tomorrow Hibs, Livingston and Kilmarnock all winning at same time but part of me has this wee feeling we could cruise this as I think Robinson and the players will just be on their game tomorrow.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk