Top 6 Game 1, Hibs v St Mirren 6/5/23

Great to be in with the big boys rather than some aimless games or looking over our shoulders at a possible relegation battle.
Hibs have picked up over the last two games so we'll need to return to the form we were showing before the Killie game.
A tight game IMO, prediction closer to the time. 

It's a must not lose imo both teams could potentially struggle for points apart from this match.

I don't share your opinion Hibs have improved that much recently but our defensive performance's last two games and a certain Kevin Nisbet have me worried we will "Hibs it".

If we can take this to last match home to Rangers still in with a chance of getting 5th while Hibs go to Tynecastle that would do me.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

Hibs have had a so/so record at home since the turn of the year , they are a very capable team but do have their off days and can concede goals . Our away record has been well documented and let’s be honest , isn’t great - but we went to Pittodrie & also Tyncastle as recently as this month and won so we must go with hope and a reasonable level of confidence .

If we take the “We’re wee St.Mirren , thanks for letting us play with the big boys” mentality , we will have a long last five fixtures but I trust the manager to regroup and re-energise the squad into the team we have watched numerous times this season .
We can win but if I was a betting man  I’d be putting my money on a draw ,which suits us as long as we can beat Hearts at home in the next one.

C O Y S 🖤🤍🖤

48 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Your posts are littered with "Oh, I'm no sure, we could win, but we could lose, oh I'll take a point" type comments, have a guess? :lol:

I try to cover all eventualities...I reckon we could win, but we could lose, and I suspect we could draw, also! :lol:

2 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

You could say that about any team as all of them will be losing players this summer so dont see why we should especially worry

You certainly could but in our case, we must have the smallest pool of players in the top 6 so less option for the manager.

Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, W6er said:

Tickets available online now: https://www.stmirren.com/away-matchday-information/4919-ticket-info-hibernian-v-st-mirren-6th-may

We've only been given 1,000, which doesn't seem like a lot.

Was it not about 2500 we got when they won the league and we stayed in it ?

We will need more and i am sure we will get at least the same again. 

Got mine so i am sorted. 

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Tickets available online now: https://www.stmirren.com/away-matchday-information/4919-ticket-info-hibernian-v-st-mirren-6th-may

We've only been given 1,000, which doesn't seem like a lot.

I would hope that there will be more, but given the miserly allocation from Hearts recently then it is just about fair.  After a 2 week break the Hibs fans will be clamouring for tickets too

They carved us a new one when we went there in the autumn,  we need to be far better this time.  Curtis and co got nothing out of their defence that day and Rocky was MoM, we made him look good.

I think we will win if we can get that defensive energy going and keep Nisbet quiet.  If we lack that intensity (like our last performance) then we are getting cuffed 

16 hours ago, hamlet said:

Easy solution. Don't play them and they will lose a win bonus.

Lack of players pool size might mean we can't do that.

FWIW, we have a group of players who by all account get on well together, so i don't think any player would go out intending to give less than usual. 

Our initial allocation of tickets for next weekend's match away to Hibernian are sold out.

We have secured another 350 tickets from Hibernian and hope to receive these on Monday or Tuesday depending on delivery during the Bank holiday. We have also enquired about the possibility of further tickets and will update whenever we can.

The club initially received an allocation of around 1000 tickets with 900 selling on the first day of sales.

ETA:

Screenshot2023-04-2815_41_26.png.a5544c15891bee988b968bbbc98c427a.png

Estimating that we have been given three sections, or perhaps two upper tier and two lower tier sections? Last time I was there, when Shaughnessy scored  a headed equaliser about six minutes from time, we had two sections, I think. 

Anyway, the tickets on sale on Monday will go like hot cakes. :)  

Edited by W6er