Explosive Smisa application

7 hours ago, SamSmith99 said:

That’ll be another election Jack and Stuart have had to deal with another candidate going to the press during an election.

Why are these elections so clouded in secrecy? 

I don’t personally understand why candidates can’t canvass for votes.

Not sure you can answer this given you’re not a SMISA member unless you’ve changed your stance.

ETA - obviously if rules are in place then everyone should abide by them. 

Edited by Albanian Buddy

10 hours ago, Doakes said:

Skim read most of this but would it really be a bad thing if the land around the stadium is developed? The clubs link with kibble could work if everyone became more positive about it rather than spinning mad conspiracy theories around. Kibble exists to care for vulnerable people, why does everyone assume the worst? 

Think about what happened during the planning for Ralston.  If the CLUB are not at the heart of any development then they run the risk of being hemmed-in and disadvantaged.  SMFC need to dominate that campus and everything associated with it.  Going along with independent schemes as a supposed supporter without a veto is a dangerous position to be in.  SMFC is a major stakeholder in anyhting associated with that area and for them to be purported as being in support when they were not consulted is very concerning.

As for the last bit, i wish i was as trusting as you seem to be.  I have been involved in trusts and charities before when i was an employee of the core company associated and I can tell you they stink of self-interest and cronyism.

Edited by beyond our ken

21 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Here's some of the pertinent points from the attached article. As I've said previously, there is even more to come.

"The local authority stated in the proposal that land, owned by the club, had already been identified for the wellbeing centre and the sale was proceeding."

"Paisley North councillor Kenny MacLaren reckons the whole thing stinks and said: “Kibble have used the reputation of St Mirren FC Foundation to make this scheme look like a partnership, to help with their grant application.

“It has been a dodgy move by Kibble who have been using another organisation’s names without their permission.

“They have failed to be open, clear and transparent about any of this. I would have concerns that an organisation that acts like this can access public money. They need to come clean on the whole process."

"A spokesman for Kibble failed to explain why the foundation was named as a lead partner in the application without prior knowledge and how land owned by the club had been identified as the location for the proposed hub."   https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/charity-blasted-over-secret-plan-29953458?fbclid=IwAR1IJnYwaFu9nKwUCQzNvC2ehGGfZ4ySVj_jQai_8MXXGHSUNM-NUURnKiw

19 minutes ago, doakie said:

Here's some of the pertinent points from the attached article. As I've said previously, there is even more to come.

"The local authority stated in the proposal that land, owned by the club, had already been identified for the wellbeing centre and the sale was proceeding."

"Paisley North councillor Kenny MacLaren reckons the whole thing stinks and said: “Kibble have used the reputation of St Mirren FC Foundation to make this scheme look like a partnership, to help with their grant application.

“It has been a dodgy move by Kibble who have been using another organisation’s names without their permission.

“They have failed to be open, clear and transparent about any of this. I would have concerns that an organisation that acts like this can access public money. They need to come clean on the whole process."

"A spokesman for Kibble failed to explain why the foundation was named as a lead partner in the application without prior knowledge and how land owned by the club had been identified as the location for the proposed hub."   https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/charity-blasted-over-secret-plan-29953458?fbclid=IwAR1IJnYwaFu9nKwUCQzNvC2ehGGfZ4ySVj_jQai_8MXXGHSUNM-NUURnKiw

It’s over, it was a non-issue (as usual) 

Sensationalising by rag papers don’t change the facts highlighted in the club statement. 

Edited by bazil85

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It’s over, it was a non-issue (as usual) 

Sensationalising by rag papers don’t change the facts highlighted in the club statement. 

I've tried to maintain objectivity but you remind me of Donald Trump's followers. Those people who blindly continue to support a proven sexual predator   As I've said, there are further revelations to follow but no doubt you'll continue to fly the Kibble flag.

5 minutes ago, doakie said:

I've tried to maintain objectivity but you remind me of Donald Trump's followers. Those people who blindly continue to support a proven sexual predator   As I've said, there are further revelations to follow but no doubt you'll continue to fly the Kibble flag.

What an absolutely wild, idiotic and downright weird take. 

You aren't doing SMISA any favours at all with your one man cheerleader act. 

21 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Think about what happened during the planning for Ralston.  If the CLUB are not at the heart of any development then they run the risk of being hemmed-in and disadvantaged.  SMFC need to dominate that campus and everything associated with it.  Going along with independent schemes as a supposed supporter without a veto is a dangerous position to be in.  SMFC is a major stakeholder in anyhting associated with that area and for them to be purported as being in support when they were not consulted is very concerning.

As for the last bit, i wish i was as trusting as you seem to be.  I have been involved in trusts and charities before when i was an employee of the core company associated and I can tell you they stink of self-interest and cronyism.

The land around Ralston is already considered to be of high value. The land around the stadium is fairly undeveloped. 

A £13.4 million wellbeing centre on the doorstep of the football club has potential to be a useful asset, assuming the club gets to make use of it as part of our deal with Kibble

You're right that not all trusts/charities are to be trusted, but in this case I'm not really sure what the big deal is...

Personally, I'd like to see the land around the stadium be developed to the benefit of our local population

As club have said no issue, we should believe that and move on but for me there is still some questions to be asked mainly why club Simsa and SMCF all seem to be happy that Kibble made application with there names without full consultation
If have done this what else could they be involved in without consultation
And you would think any further applications forfeiting by Kibble will have been effected by this, so no one seems to be coming out this well

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, doakie said:

Uncalled for with the "sexual predator" term but..............................

The same could be said of your good self, positively slavering over anything, or nothing, reaching hysterical levels. 

While I'm not in Bazil's boat who sees no evil in anything St Mirren there's a complete lack of balance in your posts, WANTING things to look as bleak as possible for what can only be seen as an agenda to make changes that suit your own ego. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Uncalled for with the "sexual predator" term but..............................

The same could be said of your good self, positively slavering over anything, or nothing, reaching hysterical levels. 

While I'm not in Bazil's boat who sees no evil in anything St Mirren there's a complete lack of balance in your posts, WANTING things to look as bleak as possible for what can only be seen as an agenda to make changes that suit your own ego. 

The term was clearly aimed at Donald Trump, who, as of two days ago, is a proven sexual predator.

D622B24A-4C62-4F34-9CEA-5A3AF3CC352F.thumb.png.243fbe56c756dd99ed75a2b5d8a305aa.png
Maybe this is end of forums, anyone speaking ill of club Simsa and or Kibble could be banned
I know several on here be happy to see others banned
Personally not sure club comes out of this well by banning anyone espas 2 games of season left and only gives story more traction

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

D622B24A-4C62-4F34-9CEA-5A3AF3CC352F.png

Has the concept of free speech been discussed at board level?

What next? Will local councillor Kenny McLaren be banned from the stadium after the article in the Daily Record?

Will any poster here be banned?

This is alarming.

1 hour ago, doakie said:

No you have not 🤣

There is nothing "proven" about the people fogging this dead horse on the Kibble situation. 

Where have I seen that before? :whistle

7 minutes ago, doakie said:

Has the concept of free speech been discussed at board level?

What next? Will local councillor Kenny McLaren be banned from the stadium after the article in the Daily Record?

Will any poster here be banned?

This is alarming.

This is pathetic.  You can't be fan owned and get upset when someone disagrees with you. Did the club give Alan a voice to discuss or just make this decision. I hope the 1866 club vote with their feet and do not turn up on Saturday to the club. 

4 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

I was going to say it was fake. However the bit about the Club not having details of the members, kind of gives it some credence. 

😂 

You hit nail on the head with this Stu!

A bit like when the club “fcuked” up the Season Ticket database and we all had to resubmit our details yet they still managed to fcuk that up by sending out the wrong seats or tickets. 

The databases were incompatible was the excuse peddled at the time. We saw through those lies Mr Needham.