Explosive Smisa application

3 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Typical response. Look over there, nothing to see here !! It’s a shit show and embarrassing for all involved.

While an explanation has been provided it still raises questions of why as a fans owned club we are banning ex Directors for raising concerns on the governance of the club. 

Fact - An application was made for grant funding with SMFC name on it and with SMFC land. (It took 12 months after the stage 1 application for someone to provide an explanation that the wrong land was used and it was the Councils fault) Why when this was initially brought up at the AGM by AW was this explanation not provided then.

Fact - We are led to believe that AW resigned from the Board over this. It is therefore safe to assume this must have been discussed at board level prior to his resignation and why he is still peddling the same theory. Presumably he would have been advised of the error and the use of the name at this stage

Questions - Who instructed Mr Needham to ban AW from the ground. The poster who confessed to advising the press, is he next. Where is the line for voicing an opinion and getting a ban. Why was Mr Needham not banned from the board never mind the ground for the number of stupid and unwise social media posts.

Question - AW rightly or wrongly is in the press about this. Why did the board not do their job properly and deal with this prior to it going public. What are the board actually doing. Questions need to be asked of them and whether they are all actually working in the best interest of the club. 

The sun might be shining now with the performances on the pitch. However it is evident from this debacle that it is a shitshow behind the scenes. That needs to be sorted now. This is a fans owned club !!! Whether you like AW or not the moronic comments about him on social media detract from anyone else putting their name forward to do this role. End result we end up with people on the board who are incapable of running a business and making business decisions for the greater good of the club and not their ego, self interest or incestuous connection to other businesses.

It is a ‘typical response’ because these topics are practically ALWAYS blown way out of proportion. And typically, this is no different. 

I get we still have the St Moan loyal, gagging for some bad news linked to the club (always more telling when we are doing well on the park) but this ain’t it.

Needless drama & moon howling. 

47 minutes ago, Tonysaintee65 said:

Let’s be clear shall we? The club statement does say that kibble made an initial application naming the st Mirren charitable foundation as a partner in the bid, it wasn’t that was a lie by kibble, the board only became aware of this after the bid entered second funding phase, the charitable trust were still not aware till this point.It took a board decision to say that the charitable trust should be made aware of the application! 
It was agreed that timely and appropriate discussions must take place regarding any potential projects in future to ensure that all stakeholders, directly involved or otherwise, were aware of the approach that was being taken.

this is not a kibble bad story in the slightest. It’s simply kibble using their position within smfc for their own financial gain. Glad you agree baz.

The thing that’s most clear to me, is no one else on the board seemed to care other than AW. If it was such a sneaky & damaging thing, why are the St Mirren board defending the Kibble? 

Doesn’t make sense to me unless it is (as it appears) a non-issue. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It is a ‘typical response’ because these topics are practically ALWAYS blown way out of proportion. And typically, this is no different. 

I get we still have the St Moan loyal, gagging for some bad news linked to the club (always more telling when we are doing well on the park) but this ain’t it.

Unless you are in the know then you are speculating on the outcome of this. It is evident that someone is lying. You have just decided its AW where as others are asking why it has got to this stage. AWs background from what i know would suggest he us not an idiot. Why is he making such a fuss. He could have kept quiet and stayed on the board 

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

The Andrew Dallas post from the BlackandWhiteArmy twitter account did not claim that he was operating VAR from an Orange Lodge.

It joked that is where he was going to be and the only folk that were claiming it to be accurate were or to be more precise now, are idiots. emoji1787.png

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-chief-conspiracy-rangers-29389142

bw.jpg.676b917225f25bfb4259397d5ed106b1.jpg

1 hour ago, Tonysaintee65 said:

Let’s be clear shall we? The club statement does say that kibble made an initial application naming the st Mirren charitable foundation as a partner in the bid, it wasn’t that was a lie by kibble, the board only became aware of this after the bid entered second funding phase, the charitable trust were still not aware till this point.It took a board decision to say that the charitable trust should be made aware of the application! 
It was agreed that timely and appropriate discussions must take place regarding any potential projects in future to ensure that all stakeholders, directly involved or otherwise, were aware of the approach that was being taken.

this is not a kibble bad story in the slightest. It’s simply kibble using their position within smfc for their own financial gain. Glad you agree baz.

He won't. You know that already. 

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Agree there are no winners in all of this. It's all a bit embarrassing

AW making wild claims in the press, presumably without getting in touch with anyone at the club first, dick move

Banning AW from the club, a massive overreaction

The timing as well, before a hugely important game against Hearts, ridiculous  

"Wild claims"?

You know this how? Proof since you are happy to accuse in public? 

51 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

"practically ALWAYS" means not every time.

Progress.

Thank you. 

I don't know Alan Wardrop. I've never met the man. I don't know if he is an arsehole or otherwise. He may be. What I DO know is that some of his allegations, by the Club's own admission, are true. For ANY organisation to put forward an application in another party's name, no matter what stage of the process is at, is unprofessional, unethical, and might even be deemed fraudulent if it had gone any further. Th Board has not, IMO, given a valid reason as to why this  happened, but rather produced an ambiguous statement and then gone on to "shoot the messenger". I trust that the matter will be addressed in full at the SMISA AGM, and that SMISA will then get to the bottom of it at SMFC Board level. The whole episode makes the Club look like a bunch of incompetent chancers.

6 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

I don't know Alan Wardrop. I've never met the man. I don't know if he is an arsehole or otherwise. He may be. What I DO know is that some of his allegations, by the Club's own admission, are true. For ANY organisation to put forward an application in another party's name, no matter what stage of the process is at, is unprofessional, unethical, and might even be deemed fraudulent if it had gone any further. Th Board has not, IMO, given a valid reason as to why this  happened, but rather produced an ambiguous statement and then gone on to "shoot the messenger". I trust that the matter will be addressed in full at the SMISA AGM, and that SMISA will then get to the bottom of it at SMFC Board level. The whole episode makes the Club look like a bunch of incompetent chancers.

Your last sentence is spot on.

2 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Unless you are in the know then you are speculating on the outcome of this. It is evident that someone is lying. You have just decided its AW where as others are asking why it has got to this stage. AWs background from what i know would suggest he us not an idiot. Why is he making such a fuss. He could have kept quiet and stayed on the board 

I don’t know if anyone is lying. From reading both sides, I think it’s more likely two takes of the same story. 

6 hours ago, div said:

Any football club, be it fan owned or privately owned, needs to be led by good, competent, trustworthy and capable people at the top.

I'm not massively convinced we have that right now.

The highest league position in 38 years would suggest that the club is being run by people with at least a reasonable amount of competency. Indeed, the appointment of the manager was, according to SR himself, orchestrated by bogeyman-in-chief, Jim Gillespie: https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/stephen-robinson-on-why-sudden-morecambe-exit-doesnt-sit-well-but-st-mirren-statement-was-too-good-to-reject/41375577.html

When the previous board departed we we were in the bottom half of the Championship......

9 hours ago, WeeBud said:

I think this has been dealt with clumsily at all levels and by all parties, worse of all it is now being played out through National Media which will be to no-one's benefit.

TBH no one outside of the club has the slightest interest in this nonsense.

Most Saints fans I know couldn't care less about it, as they have a life.

Edited by FTOF

3 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

The highest league position in 38 years would suggest that the club is being run by people with at least a reasonable amount of competency. Indeed, the appointment of the manager was, according to SR himself, orchestrated by bogeyman-in-chief, Jim Gillespie: https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/stephen-robinson-on-why-sudden-morecambe-exit-doesnt-sit-well-but-st-mirren-statement-was-too-good-to-reject/41375577.html

When the previous board departed we we were in the bottom half of the Championship......

This is the same board who admitted at Smisa q&a that they did not have a handle on the spiralling costs upgrading the training ground which cost significantly more than planned and had no controls in place to monitor same. As far as I know and I may be incorrect but most if not all works were completed by Kibbleworks which as the name suggests is part of Kibble. Were the works tendered for or just given to Kibble I don't know. This also contributed to the financial loss last financial year.

22 minutes ago, gomaster said:

This is the same board who admitted at Smisa q&a that they did not have a handle on the spiralling costs upgrading the training ground which cost significantly more than planned and had no controls in place to monitor same. As far as I know and I may be incorrect but most if not all works were completed by Kibbleworks which as the name suggests is part of Kibble. Were the works tendered for or just given to Kibble I don't know. This also contributed to the financial loss last financial year.

Wasn't there a previous board that appointed Tommy Craig (£3 an hour) and Tony as CEO? :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Wasn't there a previous board that appointed Tommy Craig (£3 an hour) and Tony as CEO? :rolleyes:

Was going to say that would be paying under minimum wage, but then we got done for that when the "great custodians" were in charge as well, so it's possible.

There is either nothing going on at board level or it is undeclared warfare, only the board know which is true. What we do know is that a funding application was made, it would seem without the full knowledge of all the board members that either erroneously or underhandedly, depending on who you believe, involved St Mirren land. The refit of Ralston went way over budget with no clear oversight despite a member of the board having expertise in the work being done not intervening because 'I was never asked' surely as a board menber it is his duty to get involved not wait to be invited? We have a chairman who has drawn attention to himself for the wrong reasons on more than one occasion, albeit the second was in response to a joke. That all looks pretty grim but we are in the highest position for decades, we still have an outside chance of European football and a manager who wants to move us forward. Our new CEO seems to know what he is doing and although our squad is looking a bit thin as the season draws to a close there is real cause for optimism. Now if we could stop scoring own goals off the field we'd be getting much more praise for the progress made than column inches for dubious stories. 

If I wanted to convince everyone of how much I cared about the club, I would absolutely pose outside the stadium in my home top looking like I’d been sent to bed with a skelped arse and no dinner. 

I’d also make public that I was refusing to help the 240 paying members of a wee club I ran because of my own drama. 

Then, and only then, could I be Mr. St. Mirren. 

If this issue is not resolved then this could have a detrimental impact on SMISA membership moving forward.
It must be addressed openly and honestly at the SMISA AGM and ultimately resolved.
Given SMISA membership had no involvement at all in this whole application process that subsequent fall out and potential membership drop off should be our greatest concern. 
We are now seeing divisions between fellow St Mirren supporters over this. 
That is disturbing.
Some fans are saying that they will cancel direct debits but that makes our position weaker moving forward when ideally we should be getting stronger year on year.
Let’s try and remember that our fans through SMISA memberships over the last 20 years have put significant money directly towards our academy, our charitable foundation, our community through free tickets, our fan experiences (Paisley Panda matchday activities, etc). 
We must not lose sight of what SMISA through direct supporter involvement have achieved over the last two decades. 
Please remember that this was not a mistake made by SMISA. 
Of course it's a mistake by SMISA it goes to show that they have no business brains and are allowing kibble to rail road them. SMISA brought kibble in so the 1200 that make up SMISA are to blame but I keep forgetting SMISA don't actually talk to the members just keep taking their money and building up their bank balance

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk