Explosive Smisa application

I feel I’m repeating myself but a simple question that remains unanswered:
Why did Kibble and Renfrewshire Council not make this significant government funding application with the prior consent of St Mirren FC Ltd and the St Mirren Charitable Foundation?

This would surely have stopped this “Wardrop-Kibble” issue from occurring in the first place.

I thought I read that because of the previous/ongoing regeneration plan for the area they believed they still had consent.

15 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

It was meant to be a Big Surprise to commemorate the Kibble take over sorry the joint venture i mean, 

Can you imagine the Board members faces and the fans when they turn up for the first home game next season with the whole place redeveloped, some folk just can't keep their mooth shut, anyway just need to be a big cake now any bakers on the forum ? 

Excited Jurassic Park GIF

And there going to be a few .

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I feel I’m repeating myself but a simple question that remains unanswered:

Why did Kibble and Renfrewshire Council not make this significant government funding application with the prior consent of St Mirren FC Ltd and the St Mirren Charitable Foundation?

This would surely have stopped this “Wardrop-Kibble” issue from occurring in the first place.

I'd add the caveat that there is a second important question that remains unanswered i.e. why did Mr. Gillespie then say in his e-mail to Smisa that the council made an error in producing plans showing the development was taking place on St.Mirren owned land only to have, according to the Herald, the council contradict that statement.

The club's relationship with Kibble is supposed to be open, transparent and honest but the evidence suggests something else.

31 minutes ago, doakie said:

I'd add the caveat that there is a second important question that remains unanswered i.e. why did Mr. Gillespie then say in his e-mail to Smisa that the council made an error in producing plans showing the development was taking place on St.Mirren owned land only to have, according to the Herald, the council contradict that statement.

The club's relationship with Kibble is supposed to be open, transparent and honest but the evidence suggests something else.

Doakie there lies the problem. They have used the clubs name and land in order to feather their own nest. When challenged they have deflected from the truth and blamed others. Furthermore they have claimed it doesn’t matter, it never got passed stage 2 anyway. (The Kibble lackey says for goodness sake it was only a Well-being Centre) Lack of honesty is a terminology being used by some however if verges on corruption. If you do something wrong at least have the integrity to take ownership of it. 

The Kibble connection was supposed to bring honesty, collaboration, cohesion and governance, amongst other corporate bullshit. The actions of the board and AW have hindered the reputation of St Mirren and i now suspect the Kibble. The Council are less likely to assist them if they know that they are going to get thrown under a bus and used as scapegoat when things go wrong.

Have a look at the following, the 1st picture shows St Mirren owned land.

3ec45674c4eb5352ef8c59b5fb6bb65e.jpg

The site measures approx 125m x 50m at its widest, narrowing to 30m.

dd3f3818dc293d3d5906dd828a9c077d.jpg

The next picture shows what they propose to build on the "Site"

307d38078c0ae27cd71f1b0f4d0ac536.jpg

Just to get a scale of things that were proposed in the above picture I highlighted this area.

2b5bd647c71a715d911385b45754756a.jpg

IMHO there is no way what was proposed could fit in the proposed site.

Nevertheless I believe it is beyond carelessness that the club weren't informed when someone must have noticed "the error"

Alan Wardrop has just issued a statement to the members of the 1877 club:

1877 Club Update
Monday 15th May, 2023 at 17.05 (after the Smisa election voting closed)

Dear 1877 Club Member

You will no doubt be aware that I have been banned from the stadium by the St.Mirren Board of Directors.

Therefore, I believe this would be the right juncture to hand things over to a new committee of 1877 Club members to take the club forward. I welcome any interested member to get in touch and I will set up an initial meeting to take it forward.

However, I also need to make you aware  of a board plan to take away the kids zone in the 1877 club affecting 21 of our junior members and their parents and replace it with a sensory room.

Personally, I think a sensory room is a great idea but I think the area under consideration is wholly inappropriate due to the close proximity to a noisy and fun supporters club.

I have suggested what I believe is a far better location situated between the family stand and west stand corner where I had been working on building executive boxes. This area already has planning permission and could provide an excellent sensory room with dedicated access and fantastic views.

However, I now think this is getting personal and I believe this is the start of the dismantling of the 1877 Supporters Club to be eventually replaced by additional corporate hospitality and the club moved to an outdoor venue such as a fans zone.

If this proposal continues I would hate it to be because of me, so I will end my roles as club host and membership Manager as soon as a committee can be formed. Please contact me if you are interested in forming part of this 6 person (my suggestion) committee.

Our club Chairman John Needham, an 1877 club member. contacted me at very short notice requesting I pass on all your personal information to him as football club Chairman which I chose not to do. Your personal information was supplied to the 1877 club and requires your permission for it to be passed from one organisation to another organisation, albeit closely linked. The 1877 club is an independent supporters club , therefore the football club has no right to your personal information without your consent .If you wish me to pass your data to Mr Needham as club Chairman please email me with your consent and I will pass it on in due course.

The current situation is a sad state of affairs and if you want your voice heard please email club Chairman [email protected] or [email protected]

As I am banned I will not be attending the last game of the season but will pass on the POTY trophies to be awarded by the SLO’s who do a wonderful job as volunteers and I would like to highlight their efforts. I also have new membership cards ready for collection, so perhaps someone (new committee member) can organise their distribution at the same end of season home game.

Finally, this e mail gives me the opportunity to share a few wee secrets with you that only a few of my closest friends know. All the financing of the POTY trophies, buying memorabillia for display in the club, buying junior members Christmas gifts, buying food and drinks for members as a thank you for their support during Covid and providing the Buddy Bus service for free have all been at my expense.

Life has been good to me so I try to give it back to the people I care about, you, my fellow buddies.

Hope to see you all at away games in the future and thank you for making the 1877 Club the St.Mirren supporters club I dreamed of.

Best wishes

Alan Wardrop

39 minutes ago, doakie said:

Alan Wardrop has just issued a statement to the members of the 1877 club:

1877 Club Update
Monday 15th May, 2023 at 17.05 (after the Smisa election voting closed)

Dear 1877 Club Member

You will no doubt be aware that I have been banned from the stadium by the St.Mirren Board of Directors.

Therefore, I believe this would be the right juncture to hand things over to a new committee of 1877 Club members to take the club forward. I welcome any interested member to get in touch and I will set up an initial meeting to take it forward.

However, I also need to make you aware  of a board plan to take away the kids zone in the 1877 club affecting 21 of our junior members and their parents and replace it with a sensory room.

Personally, I think a sensory room is a great idea but I think the area under consideration is wholly inappropriate due to the close proximity to a noisy and fun supporters club.

I have suggested what I believe is a far better location situated between the family stand and west stand corner where I had been working on building executive boxes. This area already has planning permission and could provide an excellent sensory room with dedicated access and fantastic views.

However, I now think this is getting personal and I believe this is the start of the dismantling of the 1877 Supporters Club to be eventually replaced by additional corporate hospitality and the club moved to an outdoor venue such as a fans zone.

If this proposal continues I would hate it to be because of me, so I will end my roles as club host and membership Manager as soon as a committee can be formed. Please contact me if you are interested in forming part of this 6 person (my suggestion) committee.

Our club Chairman John Needham, an 1877 club member. contacted me at very short notice requesting I pass on all your personal information to him as football club Chairman which I chose not to do. Your personal information was supplied to the 1877 club and requires your permission for it to be passed from one organisation to another organisation, albeit closely linked. The 1877 club is an independent supporters club , therefore the football club has no right to your personal information without your consent .If you wish me to pass your data to Mr Needham as club Chairman please email me with your consent and I will pass it on in due course.

The current situation is a sad state of affairs and if you want your voice heard please email club Chairman [email protected] or [email protected]

As I am banned I will not be attending the last game of the season but will pass on the POTY trophies to be awarded by the SLO’s who do a wonderful job as volunteers and I would like to highlight their efforts. I also have new membership cards ready for collection, so perhaps someone (new committee member) can organise their distribution at the same end of season home game.

Finally, this e mail gives me the opportunity to share a few wee secrets with you that only a few of my closest friends know. All the financing of the POTY trophies, buying memorabillia for display in the club, buying junior members Christmas gifts, buying food and drinks for members as a thank you for their support during Covid and providing the Buddy Bus service for free have all been at my expense.

Life has been good to me so I try to give it back to the people I care about, you, my fellow buddies.

Hope to see you all at away games in the future and thank you for making the 1877 Club the St.Mirren supporters club I dreamed of.

Best wishes

Alan Wardrop

Yet again at the bottom of the statement, all about blowing smoke up his arse.

I personally think the idea of a bigger fan zone is excellent and the sensory room is a great idea too.

4 minutes ago, SamSmith99 said:

I personally think the idea of a bigger fan zone is excellent and the sensory room is a great idea too.

Been saying the same for years mate, a fan zone would make a lot more money than a closed shop “members club”. St Johnstone and Inverness seem to use it to their advantage, nearest place for us is the west end if we fancy a pre or post match pint! 

8 minutes ago, SamSmith99 said:

If people do a bit of good I don't thin it is SO bad that they take a little credit, especially when they feel a bit dumped on (rightly or wrongly)

The fan zone is a great idea as long it is designed with our climate in mind

The fan zone is a great idea and the club would obviously benefit. IMO there's no place for an "independent" supporters club  , it just creates a them and us mentality. A fan zone , where everyone is registered by the club is clearly a better option !

9 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

That makes no sense at all. Wardrop was already on the board and resigned. If he wanted to spout anti-kibble stuff and sit with his own agenda surely staying on the board would have been an easier place to be. 

I suspect he resigned in order to join up with his mates and make an assault on Kibble from the outside , it makes perfect sense !

1 hour ago, SamSmith99 said:

It’s good he got to share a few wee secrets with us.

The guy knows no bounds to his attention seeking.
I don't remember giving him permission to infest my mailbox with his pish.
If he's allowed to stand, then there will be a direct debit being cancelled. 
Did you give the chairman permission to ask for the club 1877 membership personal details. You'd think someone in that position would know about personal data protection. This whole sorry saga just goes to prove we don't have any leadership or any professional management at the club. If this goes on much longer everything is going to implode leaving the club in a perilous state

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, gorgo said:

Did you give the chairman permission to ask for the club 1877 membership personal details. You'd think someone in that position would know about personal data protection. This whole sorry saga just goes to prove we don't have any leadership or any professional management at the club. If this goes on much longer everything is going to implode leaving the club in a perilous state

I'd imagine most members, like me, are season ticket holders, so the club will already have their personal details.

Yet another mountain being made out of a molehill

I certainly didn't give permission to receive an e-mail with someone airing their personal vendetta against club officials.

Anyway, I'll leave the wee boys to their playground squabbles.

Our best finish in the top league for years and there's internal fighting between different organisations and boards who all claim to have the best interests of St. Mirren Football Club at heart.

It's tedious and embarrassing.  The Manager shouldn't be talking about and answering questions about all of this in the buildup to matchday.

Get the folk involved into the Stadium for a cup of tea and biscuits (can we afford biscuits nowadays) and get their heads knocked together, kiss and make up and handshakes all round.

44 minutes ago, gorgo said:

Did you give the chairman permission to ask for the club 1877 membership personal details. You'd think someone in that position would know about personal data protection. 

The club is in possession of all my details at point of sale for any matchday or season tickets I have bought online in the last 10-12 years. I'd imagine that's also the case for every single adult 1877 club member certainly and most of the children as well so there will be no data protection breach.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The club is in possession of all my details at point of sale for any matchday or season tickets I have bought online in the last 10-12 years. I'd imagine that's also the case for every single adult 1877 club member certainly and most of the children as well so there will be no data protection breach.

There would be a data protection breach if it is classed as 2 separate parties/organisations. You cannot share details between one party and the other without the express consent of the individual who's details you hold and plan to share. This type of question was asked at last Smisa q&a regarding promoting Smisa membership through existing details held by club and gdpr laws were quoted for that as consent of those who's details the club hold would be required before they could pass to Smisa. Basically similar scenario. Also remember there are only circa 240 1877 members but circa 2,000 season ticket holders before you add in non st holders who may be a member and buy tickets as and when they choose.

It's against GDPR principles for one organisation to provide or request personal data to or from another organisation even within the same group of companies.

AW in this case fully compliant John Needham err comes across as I can do what I want SMISA will protect me like they always do and bury their heads

2 hours ago, billyg said:

The fan zone is a great idea and the club would obviously benefit. IMO there's no place for an "independent" supporters club  , it just creates a them and us mentality. A fan zone , where everyone is registered by the club is clearly a better option !

Exactly this. 

That statement from Wardrop is utterly pathetic & very petty. As well as the independent supporters club nonsense.

Asking fans to individually email to send over their personal details. Asking them to moan to the chairman on his behalf. Looking for a pat on the back for things he’s chosen to pay for. 🤦‍♂️ 

Telling he sent that rubbish after the SMISA vote closes. Has he not tried to do enough damage to our preparation for one of the biggest run of league fixtures in years? 

Exactly this. 

That statement from Wardrop is utterly pathetic & very petty. As well as the independent supporters club nonsense.
Asking fans to individually email to send over their personal details. Asking them to moan to the chairman on his behalf. Looking for a pat on the back for things he’s chosen to pay for. [emoji2357] 
Telling he sent that rubbish after the SMISA vote closes. Has he not tried to do enough damage to our preparation for one of the biggest run of league fixtures in years? 
This was happening well before our final 5 games. I always thought it was strange thd 1877 club and the club were treated or organised separately the way it was setup. Now it seems clear that the bod or SMISA took a step back just incase it failed like the club that was tried at love st

On the issue of AW resigning, when anyone is a member of a committee, a governmental cabinet or a BoD they must abide by the decisions taken by the leader or the majority of the committee. If anyone disagrees or is concerned about the outcomes that's when resignations emerge.

AW made that decision and sacrificed his status in the club - for the club. 

Edited by Jockmd