Aberdeen v St Mirren 24 May 23

Rascal

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

At least now we can all hope that ICT thump Celtic in the cup final without that outcome having a negative effect on our hopes of European football next season. 

:(

Not only can we want them to beat Celtic, but if they did they would also nick the guaranteed group stage European football off Aberdeen. How f**king hilarious would that be! 🤣

Not only can we want them to beat Celtic, but if they did they would also nick the guaranteed group stage European football off Aberdeen. How f**king hilarious would that be! [emoji1787]
And put either Hearts or Hibs out of Europe.

Overall a great season, albeit with an extremely disappointing end.

In the end we basically threw away a magnificent chance to get into Europe.  Last night, we just weren't at the races. Simple as that! Even before Small got sent off, Aberdeen just looked better. I don't think we would have got anything with 11 on the park. 

In my opinion, it wasn't only the post-split fixtures that done the damage. There were many points we threw away throughout the season. St Johnstone at home 2-2(injury time equaliser), 1st game of the season v Motherwell (Were by far the better team, but lost 0-1). There's 5 points for starters. Then after the split.... Hearts at home(injury time equaliser), Celtic away(late equaliser). Another 4 points.

We were a bit unlucky with injuries too. Ayunga, Watt and Grieve.

Oh well!!! At least we seem to have built a solid base to have another go next season.  Onwards and upwards!!!

Edited by Prague Buddie

1 minute ago, Prague Buddie said:

In the end we basically threw away a magnificent chance to get into Europe.  Last night, we just weren't at the races. Simple as that! Even before Small got sent off, Aberdeen just looked better. I don't think we would have got anything with 11 on the park. 

In my opinion, it wasn't only the post-split fixtures that done the damage. There were many points we through away throughout the season. St Johnstone at home 2-2(injury time equaliser), 1st game of the season v Motherwell (Were by far the better team, but lost 0-1). There's 4 points for starters. Then after the split.... Hearts at home(injury time equaliser), Celtic away(late equaliser). Another 4 points.

Oh well!!! At least we seem to have built a solid base to have another go next season.  Onwards and upwards!!!

Agree with all of that, with a particular emphasis on Ayunga. I think he was a massive miss. 

1 minute ago, Prague Buddie said:

In my opinion, it wasn't only the post-split fixtures that done the damage. There were many points we through away throughout the season. St Johnstone at home 2-2(injury time equaliser), 1st game of the season v Motherwell (Were by far the better team, but lost 0-1). There's 4 points for starters. Then after the split.... Hearts at home(injury time equaliser), Celtic away(late equaliser). Another 4 points.

Totally agree. Would add test we failed to turn up in our 3 games with Kilmarnock - albeit Ethan's early sending off at Rugby Park didn't help. Onwards and upwards.

9 minutes ago, Slarti said:
16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
Not only can we want them to beat Celtic, but if they did they would also nick the guaranteed group stage European football off Aberdeen. How f**king hilarious would that be! emoji1787.png

And put either Hearts or Hibs out of Europe.

Oh please please please please please let that happen and please please please please let it be Hearts. 

58 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not only can we want them to beat Celtic, but if they did they would also nick the guaranteed group stage European football off Aberdeen. How f**king hilarious would that be! 🤣

I thought they'd the league last night with the amount of jizz flying everywhere at full time. Fit like?