Boardroom News

So does this mean we get another members election?

If I remember Mr Scott and Mr Wardrop were not actually elected onto the board by the SMISA Members following the 51% share buyout.
I think the club chairman decided who the last SMISA director was - Mr McNeill.
Can anyone from SMISA confirm what happens next?

AW gets back onto the board but is still barred from the stadium.

If I remember Mr Scott and Mr Wardrop were not actually elected onto the board by the SMISA Members following the 51% share buyout.

The SMISA board interview candidates that have applied for the Club board.

They select who they believe is the best candidate.

SMISA members have a yes/no vote on the candidate.

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

AW gets back onto the board but is still barred from the stadium.

I would vote for that .

17 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The SMISA board interview candidates that have applied for the Club board.

They select who they believe is the best candidate.

SMISA members have a yes/no vote on the candidate.

The interviews were carried out by the formal club SMISA directors not the SMISA board if that makes more sense. That’s certainly my understanding of what I’ve been told.

Edited by Albanian Buddy

The interviews were carried out by the formal club SMISA directors not the SMISA board if that makes more sense. That’s certainly my understanding of what I’ve been told.
https://www.smisa.net/news-archive/5-general-smisa-news/337-applications-invited-to-become-smisa-s-next-club-board-rep

That will see the SMISA board invite applications, shortlist and interview those who best fit the job description, and select a preferred candidate, who the members will be asked to approve. Ideally they will already be a SMISA member but we will consider all applications.

Good luck to him, he’s done wonders for the club. A football team, flirting with relegation to the part-time leagues, to a top 6 SP club during his time on the board. Not to mention, the delivery of fan ownership. 

He’s had a lot of criticism from some over that time but no one can doubt that outstanding progress. 

On 5/31/2023 at 8:49 AM, bazil85 said:

Good luck to him, he’s done wonders for the club. A football team, flirting with relegation to the part-time leagues, to a top 6 SP club during his time on the board. Not to mention, the delivery of fan ownership. 

He’s had a lot of criticism from some over that time but no one can doubt that outstanding progress. 

the club was supposedly all but 100% fan owned when he actually JOINED the board for the first time.  Some people who were not fans inherited shares they decided to keep for family reasons, I know several people in that position.

SMISA bought their shares from the previous major shareholders, etc, as well as the piecemeal collection of shares over the years.

I sold my Honda last year, does that mean I delivered transportation for the masses or did i simply sell a Honda?

On 5/31/2023 at 8:49 AM, bazil85 said:

Where did the Kibble pick up their share of the club from.