Top 5 Scottish Comedians

ST SID

Sadowitz is actually a thoroughly offensive wee shi te who gets away with stuff that if it was coming from Bernard Manning or Jim Davidson would quite rightly be condemned, on some completely spurious basis that he's somehow being "ironic" or "alternative". I know he markets himself as having no boundaries, but some of the anti-semitic and racist stuff he comes out with is simply crap, and not in anyway "ironic" or even verging on funny. Brilliant conjuror, mind.

Anyway, how could anyone have left out Chic ?

1. Chic Murray.

2. Arnold Brown.

3. Ivor Cutler (not strictly a comedian, I'll grant you, but he's so surreal it's just amazing.)

4. Rikki Fulton.

5. Connolly (grudgingly, because his tongue's that far up Prince Charles's arris it's practically poking out his ear - or maybe that just is his ear :rolleyes:

Jerry Sadowitz, is also a great Magician and invents a lot of tricks, his stuff can be found in any good magic catalogue B)

I looked but it had disappeared :rolleyes:

Puts on cloack and heads to bed.

Billy Connoly, Jerry Sadowitz, Phil Kay and Jim Dick.

oh and Johnnie Beattie. :lol:

Apparently Johnny Beattie gets wrecked oot his tottie on gr'n'k chemical entertainment on some dodgy SOAP tonight - (a genuine dilemma for stinkin' scumbags - drugs on TV but in the SOAP :P )

• 1 month later...
Sadowitz is actually a thoroughly offensive wee shi te who gets away with stuff that if it was coming from Bernard Manning or Jim Davidson would quite rightly be condemned, on some completely spurious basis that he's somehow being "ironic" or "alternative". I know he markets himself as having no boundaries, but some of the anti-semitic and racist stuff he comes out with is simply crap, and not in anyway "ironic" or even verging on funny.  Brilliant conjuror, mind.

went to see jerry on friday night and he was excellent.he was most of the things you said but he was funny ,and if your honest most of what he says most people think.

where jerry is diffrent from the other dicks you put down is everyone gets it ,not just the people manning and davidson like to belittle to make themselfs sound

ultra white.

as it says on the ticket (adults only explicit language). a wee change from the pc police you get in every single place you look in this country now days. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Jerry Sadowitz 2004 dates

Friday March 19 to Sunday March 21: Glasgow Citizens Theatre 0141 429 0022

Friday April 16: Paisley Town Hall 0141 887 1010

Saturday April 17: Stirling Albert Hall 01786 473544

Thursday April 22: Aberdeen Music Hall 01224 641122

Saturday April 24: Greenock Arts Centre 01475 723038

Sunday April 25: Edinburgh Queens Hall 0131 668 2019

Thursday April 29: Cumbernauld Theatre 01236 732887

Friday April 30: Dundee Rep 01382 223530

Saturday May 1: Glenrothes Rothes Halls 01592 611101

Some seriously nasty venues :lol:

I'll wait 'til next time.

I went to see Jerry Sadowitz on Friday as well and thoroughly enjoyed it.

As Strummer said, everyone got it. When that grossly obese guy walked down the stairs as JS was in mid-stream and brought on a torrent of "fat" insults it was an excellent bit of ad-libbing. Also, the smoke coming out of the shoe was hilarious.

His stupid magic tricks, especially "the fingers" were excellent as well.

He's playing in Greenock on Saturday...anyone who missed the Paisley show could spend a worse 90 minutes than going to see him.

spot on tom...is that 4 guys in the one jacket..pissed myself.

i think if you know yourself well enough and know the guy on stage is ripping into every single thing that the pc police hate to talk about, then you should get the jist of a great wind up.

hurry back jerry..the graham norton impersonation at the end was a show stopper. :lol::lol::lol::lol: