Top Five Depeche Mode Albums

Depeche Mode are a band that certainly matured with age. There was the tinny wee keyboard stuff "dink-dink-dinkdadink-ding-ding" of Just Can't Get Enough. However, they got more industrial and their sound was of a much darker hue after Black Celebration and beyond.

Songs of Faith And Devotion is light years away from the first singles. Or should that be dark years? :blink:

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Depeche Mode are a band that certainly matured with age.

I don't agree.

I'm now matured to a very great age, and think Depish Mob are as s***e now as I thought they were decades ago. :blink:

I admire optimism, though. Who would have thought they'd made 5 albums never mind any that could be recalled...!

Chingford, my good man. One normally puts forward an opinion on a subject, in particular music, when one is in evidence of the facts. Your posting says to me the fact "I haven't heard owt from them since the mid-80s and it was stuff I didn't like".

Just like you & agree that you perhaps can't form an opinion of someones personality until you meet them then I would suggest that one cannot form an opinion on musical outputs until one has heard them.

AN' NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT! :P

Aye. Ye'r Right, HHiBSS. Ah huvnae listened...

it's this switchin aff mechanism in mah heid... don't like/don't listen...

Dunno if I ever will now, though. <_<

So probably - I know nothing.

On the other hand....

I DO look, watch, see, etc...

...and it's bothered me for a few days now with your recent signature.

I know London posers who read Time Out reckon it was 'a cool foreign language movie', BUT..

...honestly... I thought yer latest signature (the movie: Mama tambien) was 'dire'...

That's a four letter word that almost expresses how I reacted to it.

What caused you tae suddenly quote it on yer travels...? :o

Edited by chingford

Remarkably, "Everything Counts" by Depeche Mode was the first single I owned I think. Got it free with some sort of Top 10 promotion that was being run at the time by Clark's shoes!!

Are you sure it wasn't an Andrex promotion, Depish Mode did shitpaper for puppies music. :blink:

Depeche mode- top 5 albums- we're having a laugh right?

Next the top 5 thoughts of Joe Stalin, top 5 executions of Albert Pierrepoint, the top 5 highland league football grounds,

No doubt they exist- but would you want to be there?

Now if it were the top 5 country rock songs, top 5 guitar heroes, top 5 prog rock tracks-

I've jist gone too far :( Sorry

Next the top 5 thoughts of Joe Stalin,

Top five Joeseph Stalin quotes are -

1. You cannot make a revolution with silk gloves.

2. A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.

3. Mankind is divided into rich and poor, into property owners and exploited and to abstract oneself from this fundamental division and from the antagonism between poor and rich means abstracting oneself from fundamental facts.

4. Sincere diplomacy is no more possible than dry water or wooden iron.

5. The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do.

I also think he was responsible for the "can't make an omlette without breaking eggs" quote but I can't find it on google, it might have been lenin. :rolleyes:

Top five Joeseph Stalin quotes are -

1. You cannot make a revolution with silk gloves.

2. A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.

3. Mankind is divided into rich and poor, into property owners and exploited and to abstract oneself from this fundamental division and from the antagonism between poor and rich means abstracting oneself from fundamental facts.

4. Sincere diplomacy is no more possible than dry water or wooden iron.

5. The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do.

I also think he was responsible for the "can't make an omlette without breaking eggs" quote but I can't find it on google, it might have been lenin. :rolleyes:

You've missed "How many divisions does the Pope have?"

The omelette quotation- Robespierre surely?

Tom McB, were you not getting your 25 year service award when the Basildon oys were realsing See You? :rolleyes:

Ching, the reason I changed my signature to something in Spanish is because, at present, I am in South America where a staggering amunt of the populace speak Spanish. Roughly translated, it means 'Aye, yer maw as well'. I know not of this film of which you speak. Right enough, though, I'm now in Curitiba in Brasil. But I cannae speak Portuguese so I'll keep it the same.

So now ye know.

Tom McB, were you not getting your 25 year service award when the Basildon oys were realsing See You? :rolleyes:

Cheeky whippersnapper- jist 'cos I bought Sgt Pepper in mono on vinyl :D

Portuguse- tofee- spanish with a head cold- enjoy the ambience ya jammy sod. :angry:

HHiBSS: Thanks for the explanation. :)

'Y tu Mama Tambien' is a movie made and set in Mexico.

Kinda road movie.

A couple of over-indulged rich young very macho basturts go on a car trip to nowhere interesting for no real reason at all, and no one wants to stop them and there are no obstacles in their way...

and this older wummin joins in too. So much for the drama and the adventure aspects...

She's no happy and eventually both boys do IT with her. Her big boobs and their wee floppy wee wullies all over the shop - huge production values onscreen... not.

Of course her husband has been playing away which explains why she might be unhappy, oh and yes, as an afterthought, we learn that she was about to die of cancer (and does - offscreen, yawn)... and... och - self-indulgent jobby, that did inconceivably well in London.

I hope you don't endure it as the in-flight movie on your way back!

'Y tu Mama Tambien' is a movie made and set in Mexico.

Kinda road movie.

-indulged basturts go on a car trip to nowhere interesting for no real reason at all, and no one wants to stop them and there are no obstacles in their way!

Jeez- Thelma and Louise with mustaches- although Susan Sarandon may have one already. :D