Disasters In Paisley

OK, we live in the biggest town in Scotland but we huvnae half had more than our fair share of of heartache...

1. 92 people killed in the biggest single loss of life in Scotland during WW2....read about it HERE

2. Saturday 10th November 1810...85 lives lost in a canal boat accident. Read about it HERE

3. Hogmanay 1929...70 children crushed to death at the Glen Cinema even though there was no fire

4. 16th April 1979...6 people die in a head-on collisiom just outside Paisley Gilmour Street Station

5. 5th June 1964...Four men killed in an explosion at the Brown and Polson's plant in Falside Road

5. 5th June 1964...Four men killed in an explosion at the Brown and Polson's plant in Falside Road

My father was a fireman in Paisley at the time and he tells me the deaths were caused by an implosion. Meanwhile my mother was in labour at the Thorn hospital in Johnstone giving birth to myself.

My auld man went through a lot of trauma coming to terms with losing a few of his mates in the disaster and having myself to contend with me for the rest of his days.

On a happier note it is my mum and dads 42 wedding anniversary today.

Congratulations :clapping