Groups

Reidy1987

Guest Midnight Moses
Ah, Whiteout...Greenock's finest!  :lol:

Hey Donga whatever happened to whiteout?

I bought their first/only album way back, mind you if I'd known they were from smellville :lol:

Hey Donga whatever happened to whiteout?

I bought their first/only album way back, mind you if I'd known they were from smellville :lol:

They went through a few line up changes and released a second album that pretty much flopped - disappeared into deepest darkest inverclyde after that. :(

Best thing to come out of Green*ck since........... :huh:

I'll re-phrase - the only good thing to come out Green*ck :lol:

Originally known as "Dean Ford and the Gaylords"; but that was in a more innocent era.

I remember seeing them... at Hampden, where they played in front of 100,000 - must've been an Engerland gemme.

Reputedly the biggest 'pop audience' ever was the claim.

"Twenty Miles from your house to my house

20 miles and I'm walking all the way

20 miles from your house to my house

And I'm going to see my baby there today"

If ye really analyse the lyrics it was not so innocent after all.

It's amazing they could sing in those days about single mothers with the kids'

fathers marching long distances in aid of access rights to their children...

Or am I reading a tad too much intae it...? :blink:

Guest Midnight Moses
They went through a few line up changes and released a second album that pretty much flopped - disappeared into deepest darkest inverclyde after that. :(

Best thing to come out of Green*ck since........... :huh:

I'll re-phrase - the only good thing to come out Green*ck :lol:

Cheers Stormtrooper, was their second one any good?

I've got their lead single from the second album, EP called "Kickout EP" - pretty lightweight Indie fare, as yer man says they went belly up soon after.

The album was pretty decent actually - got the singles from it.

One thing I always found amusing on their sleeve notes was the production staff's names...they were streets round Inverclyde. The album was produced by someone called Oronsay Avenue - that's a street up the back of the Port!!! :)

The singles were all good pop songs, the Detroit EP was probably their finest hour I thought. Cover was shot just round the corner from my old hoose!

Still see them kicking about...think they have a new name now. Were called "The Bonobos" for a while, appeared in this guise at a Save the Ton band night fundraiser in Word Up few years back.

Their charasmatic manager and friend of the Stone Roses, McD, is still a face round Inverclyde club scene - often to be seen with Mani. It's a bit alarming to go for a piss and be standing next to the greatest bass player of modern times sometimes...sorry to tell ya, but Mani loves Greenock! :)

How did you all miss Deacon Blue ? Or The Blue Nile ? Or Black Sabbath ? Or Green from Scritti Politti ? Or Mickey Minge and the Lemon Chucklethrusters ;-)

I think you'll find that Black Sabbath was in the very first post of this thread. Please try and keep up Mr Lees. :P