Paisley Pubs

The old Bruce Arms/Russells has opened up again,this time as De Beira.

I also heard a rumour that Hamishes House is moving to the old Hogshead!!!

Apprently it's the guy that had Buddie Bites outside the ground that's taken it on...

• 3 weeks later...
Strange move given the number of pub failures in that part of the High Street and its current good position.

I suppose they hope they can take their clientele with them. The rates on the places under the railway on the back Sneddon are rocketing. This is to help pay for the new roof that's been put on.

I suppose they hope they can take their clientele with them. The rates on the places under the railway on the back Sneddon are rocketing. This is to help pay for the new roof that's been put on.
Don't know how they managed to get away with this as the new roof was included in the Network Rail PCI budget and was paid for jointly by NR & Transport Scotland with no input from the council who collect the rates.

They may well think that now the building has had £9million pounds worth of improvements that the rates should be higher, but its not to pay for the roof.

Edit: of course I'm forgetting the whole building is owned by Network Rail so they'll be the ones who collect the rental, still think they have a bloody cheek passing on any costs to the buildings below considering the state of disrepair they allowed them to fall into.

Edited by Eddy

Nothing to do with rates rocketing. They haven't changed for nearly 3 years and won't change again until 2017.

Usual uninformed nonsense.